+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Riftstalker - Stalker Phase

Rift Disciple

Default Riftstalker - Stalker Phase

Stalker phase, the 16 pt root ability of RS. It says "The Rogue enters a stalking phase, increasing damage by 15% and reducing threat generation by 50% for 10 seconds after using Shadow Stalk or Shadow Assault."

For clarification does that mean the stance gives you the +15% dmg and then on a phase shift you get 50% less threat for 10 seconds or are both modifiers contingent on shifting with shadow stalk or shadow assault?

Shadowlander

You get both effects only after using Shadow Stalk or Shadow Assault.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by WuTeBe View Post
    You get both effects only after using Shadow Stalk or Shadow Assault.
    Thanks for answering, I was afraid it was that way. Seems like a lackluster attack stance given the tanking stance is pretty much spot on.

Shadowlander

It isn't lackluster! Those skills (Shadow Stalk or Shadow Assault) can have cooldown of 30s. With using both you can keep +15% dmg and -50% agro for 20s. So you can have the effects 2/3 of the time. Make it stronger and it would be pretty much OP.

Also note that early in the spec (especially considering a 30 sec CD which means 5/5 Shadow Mastery), every Plane Shifting effect (not just the ones listed for Stalker Phase) will grant bonus crit. Not that you'd want to port away from your target but having Memory Capture basically at your feet and Shadow Blitz pretty much means you can maintain a full 100% uptime of that bonus.

Never look at anything exclusively in a vacuum. Stalker Phase is by no means a craptastic skill and while compared to some things on a 1 to 1 level it might not be the best, it is by no means a poor choice.

EDIT: And Shadow Warp as well with the selected range being able to be placed really close (ie no moving at all) to proc Ruthless Stalker.
    Last edited by Fasc; 02-10-2011 at 10:17 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Fasc View Post
    Also note that early in the spec (especially considering a 30 sec CD which means 5/5 Shadow Mastery), every Plane Shifting effect (not just the ones listed for Stalker Phase) will grant bonus crit. Not that you'd want to port away from your target but having Memory Capture basically at your feet and Shadow Blitz pretty much means you can maintain a full 100% uptime of that bonus.

Never look at anything exclusively in a vacuum. Stalker Phase is by no means a craptastic skill and while compared to some things on a 1 to 1 level it might not be the best, it is by no means a poor choice.

EDIT: And Shadow Warp as well with the selected range being able to be placed really close (ie no moving at all) to proc Ruthless Stalker.
    Good points I wasn't looking at it in a vacuum but from a standpoint of not taking the -15sec from shifting abilities talent.

does going from guardian phase to stalker phase trigger a GCD?
    Last edited by johnny5; 02-10-2011 at 11:10 AM.

Shadowlander

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...MxM.xhtoqzIh0o

I am seriously going over this build in my head for a rift/mm/pvp. Gives me 2 stun and/or 3 root breaks. As long as I keep at range of course I am good. If I get jumped by an assassin its SS (rift lvl 14)/RS/static shot/kite/ win at least on paper of course.
    Last edited by Chapel; 02-10-2011 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny5 View Post
    does going from guardian phase to stalker phase trigger a GCD?
    Umm... I don't think so but I cannot say for sure, I'm not on a machine where I can test anything.

+ Reply to Thread