+ Reply to Thread

Thread: RANGER/assassin/bladedance PvE Build

Soulwalker

Default RANGER/assassin/bladedance PvE Build

I see a lot of people doing Ranger/Marksman/X build, and it makes me curious as to why. To me, the Ranger and Marksman souls seem more like they should be seperated completely as they provide two completely different playstyles, which when combined only lead to a bunch of inconsistent and counterintuitive mesh of abilities. The ranger is a pet focused playstyle that revoles around your pet doing the majority of your dmg, with your shots/abilities being primarily used to buff/support your pets damage. The Marksman on the otherhand is more of a long range sniper that focuses on top heavy ability dmg with kiting capabilities to keep your enemey at range.

So, with this build http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...0Vz.0VMcx.VV0V i decided to go with a pure ranger build taking all of the important pet buffing shots and abilities and combined it with the passive damage bonuses from assassin and bladedancer. These two trees seem to synergize the most with the ranger (IMO). In the assassin tree you get the crit/bleed bonuses while in the bladedancer tree you get the hit/autoattack/dex bonuses which work great with the rangers 50% chance to double auto attack talent.

Let me know what you guys tyhink.

Quote Originally Posted by Amonet View Post
    I see a lot of people doing Ranger/Marksman/X build, and it makes me curious as to why. To me, the Ranger and Marksman souls seem more like they should be seperated completely as they provide two completely different playstyles, which when combined only lead to a bunch of inconsistent and counterintuitive mesh of abilities. The ranger is a pet focused playstyle that revoles around your pet doing the majority of your dmg, with your shots/abilities being primarily used to buff/support your pets damage. The Marksman on the otherhand is more of a long range sniper that focuses on top heavy ability dmg with kiting capabilities to keep your enemey at range.

So, with this build http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...0Vz.0VMcx.VV0V i decided to go with a pure ranger build taking all of the important pet buffing shots and abilities and combined it with the passive damage bonuses from assassin and bladedancer. These two trees seem to synergize the most with the ranger (IMO). In the assassin tree you get the crit/bleed bonuses while in the bladedancer tree you get the hit/autoattack/dex bonuses which work great with the rangers 50% chance to double auto attack talent.

Let me know what you guys tyhink.
    I swear the idea of the Ranger isn't that your pet does most of your damage?

The pets only there to "Aid" you (mainly taking hits while you deal good damage from a distance).

Soulwalker

Default I agree

I agree, the pet is really only there to devert threat away from you while you are pewpewing the target.

Has anyone else found the Dire Wolf to be a little more squishy than the Wildebeast? Is that how it's supposed to be? It would kinda make sense if the Dire Wolf put out more dmg than the Wildebest. I'm not able to see any numbers on this to prove it....it would be nice to have an add-on or something to track dps. It's hard to do so with the Combat tab.

Soulwalker

I agree with you completely, OP. I like your build.
    I do think that the pet is more there for flavor and added damage or tanking, though.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...0VMcx0b.VV0V0o

Here's mine. I sacrifice the finishers giving me a combo point, along with the additional health for pet and self, in order to get more damage out of Quick Shot, and to give myself harder hitting crits and a 30% damage buff for 15 seconds on a 2 min cooldown.

Much higher dps capability with those small changes.

Yours is probably better for soloing, though.

Edit: Oh, I also get Bestial Fury, as you're going to be using Headshot for a finisher anyway, it's a free 5% damage buff.
    Last edited by Feuren; 02-10-2011 at 09:00 AM.

Default :)

I totally agree with OP,especially at low lvs I don't see the use of having both Ranger and Marksman. I didn't think about bladedancer but it seems pretty viable to me. I was thinking about Ranger/Assasin/Bard just to level and then switching the bard out at 50, guess I might have just found out with what.
    It's better to be Hated for who you are than to be Loved for what you are not.
    Unknown

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
    I swear the idea of the Ranger isn't that your pet does most of your damage?

The pets only there to "Aid" you (mainly taking hits while you deal good damage from a distance).
    well considering that 90% of the talents in the ranger tree serve to buff your pets damage and effectiveness, i would say that you are quite wrong. What you are saying might be true in a hybrid marksman/ranger build whose focus is more on heavy ranged damage, but in a pure ranger build your pet will do a majority of your total dmg. And im not talking about soloing with your razorbeast, im talking about boss encounters using a Raptor.

You think BD is better than NB for your 3rd spec?

I am going with this build! To me this is the best build for PvE / Rifts. It is by NO means the best PvP build.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...0VMcx0b.VV0V0o
    Looking for a Hardcore PvP / PvE Gaurd Guild - EST

Send me a PM!

+ Reply to Thread