+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bard Support / CC

Default Bard Support / CC

I will definately play a bard but i had no chance yet to try the game so i would love some feedback on my build.
    It is meant for group play dungeons / pvp and the idea is to be primerily buffer / healer and secondary cc

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...oskqz.Vht0Go0o

This would give me the following cc:

- Lost Hope: 30 sec Mezz (Out of Combat only)
    - Dark Containment: 15 sec Mezz (Root ?)
    - Adhesive Bomb: 8 sec 70% AoE Snare
    - Twilight Force: 6 sec 50% Snare
    - Verse of Fascination: 8 sec AoE Mezz (1.5 sec Cast time ... )
    - Verse of Captivation: 8 sec single Mezz

This should be really fun in pvp, it also adds a lot of passive defense which in many cases is worth more then a defense buff.
    Touching on the topic of defense, Twilight Shelter gives a 40% damage debuff, does that also apply to healing ?

So what do you guys think ?
    Last edited by Mucera; 02-10-2011 at 07:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mucera View Post
    I will definately play a bard but i had no chance yet to try the game so i would love some feedback on my build.
    It is meant for group play dungeons / pvp and the idea is to be primerily buffer / healer and secondary cc

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...oskqz.Vht0Go0o

This would give me the following cc:

- Lost Hope: 30 sec Mezz (Out of Combat only)
    - Dark Containment: 15 sec Mezz (Root ?)
    - Adhesive Bomb: 8 sec 70% AoE Snare
    - Twilight Force: 6 sec 50% Snare
    - Verse of Fascination: 8 sec AoE Mezz (1.5 sec Cast time ... )
    - Verse of Captivation: 8 sec single Mezz

This should be really fun in pvp, it also adds a lot of passive defense which in many cases is worth more then a defense buff.
    Touching on the topic of defense, Twilight Shelter gives a 40% damage debuff, does that also apply to healing ?

So what do you guys think ?

I think for pvp that 45 points might be too much for any soul, if the pvp soul is going to make or break pvp.

As far as your desires, i don't think bards make good primary healers "at level" in any dungeon, we have no real spammable heal that will heal through spike damage.

We are great secondary (read: group/raid) healers though.
    Therylin - R5 Healer
    Thericia- R4 Rogue

Yeah, not intending to heal a raid group on my own. Secondary heals is fine
    The idea is to have a bard that is a bard (?) in every sense, buffing and helping with hots while at the same time beeing the most annoying to the enemy i possibly can.

With 44 points Bard my damage will not be uber. I can improve it to mediocrity, which is ok, or i can leave the damage low and get the most CC i can to keep that melee from chasing the healer, mezz that wizard that was about to cast that huge aoe etc.
    It feels more like a bard and i wanted to know if this idea is feasible, what people thought about it ;)

Yeah, the your build isn't bad, and what i've noticed is that while questing and stuff we have no problems killing the mobs, we might be slower than other rogues, but meh.

In pvp, I rarely have time to do any damage at all, it's all about keeping motifs up, and healing.
    Therylin - R5 Healer
    Thericia- R4 Rogue

Do you know if Twilight Shelter also lowers healing or only damage ?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Mucera View Post
    Do you know if Twilight Shelter also lowers healing or only damage ?
    It looks to lower the dmg taken by 80% then the dmg you do is lowered by 40%, so if you were using cadence (w/ the 100% of dmg talent) you would see 40% less heals. Not sure what you mean though.

Soulwalker

I like the ambition of this build.
    Between Dark Containment as a full lock, the snares both from Twilight Force and Adhesive Bomb, Captivation and Facination for the Bard mezz, Coda of Distress for aoe damage increase for your party(because you buffed it) ...

Here is my note on your build. Not enough global cooldowns to do everything you are gonna want to do.
    Remember that every 24sec or so you will be refreshing your buffs, casting Cadence for healing (presumably) plus a coda in there at some point.

At no point will this build lack something to do effective, that's good. I bet you could make it a bit better. Even just dropping Coda of Fury (which i kinda doubt you will use) to fully buff Extended Grief.

Take a look also at dropping Sab for Rift. Its an aoe instant snare vs a instant planeshift. I made the change but started where you are. Found it allowed me to escape behind the lines ganks easier at which point you still have a BUNCH of snares.

Hope that jumble was in some small way helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny5 View Post
    It looks to lower the dmg taken by 80% then the dmg you do is lowered by 40%, so if you were using cadence (w/ the 100% of dmg talent) you would see 40% less heals. Not sure what you mean though.
    Didnt only mean cadence but also all other heals like Coda of Restoration.

Quote Originally Posted by Italic View Post
    I like the ambition of this build.
    Between Dark Containment as a full lock, the snares both from Twilight Force and Adhesive Bomb, Captivation and Facination for the Bard mezz, Coda of Distress for aoe damage increase for your party(because you buffed it) ...

Here is my note on your build. Not enough global cooldowns to do everything you are gonna want to do.
    Remember that every 24sec or so you will be refreshing your buffs, casting Cadence for healing (presumably) plus a coda in there at some point.

At no point will this build lack something to do effective, that's good. I bet you could make it a bit better. Even just dropping Coda of Fury (which i kinda doubt you will use) to fully buff Extended Grief.

Take a look also at dropping Sab for Rift. Its an aoe instant snare vs a instant planeshift. I made the change but started where you are. Found it allowed me to escape behind the lines ganks easier at which point you still have a BUNCH of snares.

Hope that jumble was in some small way helpful.
    Awesome, nice Feedback, thanks for that
    Coda of Fury change is noted, not sure about Rift for Sab. I guess Rift is better for personal survival and Sab is better to help out someone beeing chased by a melee assist train etc.

Will see which of the two souls is easier to get and try that out first
    Is there even any difference ? Are both quest rewards or do they have to be bought ? No clue how getting new souls works...

They're all identical quest rewards. Get the quest, defeat a rift, summon the guy, kill him and return to the NPC. The only difference is that the NPC you summon scales to whatever level you are but other than that it is the same no matter what.
    Author of Support Bard Guide and Officer of Nuln Highway Boys

+ Reply to Thread