+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bard/Sabo?

Telaran

Default Bard/Sabo?

Never played either soul but interested in how the sabo finishers work. Do they work off combo points or charges attached? Say i build up some combo points w/ the bard, can I then detonate with said combo points?

Plane Touched

Sabs finishers detonate charges, one way you can do it would be...

Stack 5 charges
    Annihilation bomb to detonate charges
    Use bard 21 pt AoE heal skill to use up combo points.
    Repeat

The problem here is that Annihilation bomb has a 1min cooldown so you are essentially tossing in 21 (I think it is 21) points into the bard soul mostly to get a small heal every now and then.

Better to play full sab and buddy up with a cleric =)

Telaran

I am looking to make a bard primary soul with some DPS thrown in from range, so after all the buffs/debuffs/heals are going I could help with some semi-decent dps. What would you suggest for this type of play for a secondary soul to the bard, or is that even feasible? Maybe Bard/MM or Ranger?

Shadowlander

Bard/nb would be a great combo. Focus on the ranged nb abilities and the get blazing fury and coup de grace. Those skills will improve your bard tenfold for bard damage and with flame thrust and melted skin it will further enhance your range damage. If unstable state works with bard abilities (not sure if bard skills are considered non physical or not). That get you to get Dark malady and fiery chains. 16 points for all this is pretty darn cool.

The third soul could be just about anything. It would depend if you want crit damage or that cool blink. Remember you don't need to put any points in a soul to get the base abilities .

bard/ranger/sab is what i was using the last beta. most point in bard. i think 8 in ranger, 5 in sab for the dex boost.

bard gets a skill early on that converts damage from cadence into a heal, use that to keep you pet up and build combo points, then use the high dmg finisher. (pets took a hit last beta, you have to put a considerable amount of points into the tree to get them back where they were.) . Its not the fastest way to solo, but i was never close to dying, even with adds.

Cadence has a pretty decent range, so if you wanted to melee more, switch sab for assassin and you could get a pretty hefty finisher, poisons (8 points gets you a 5% bonus to crit on the mob affected) and a 5% crit modifier early in that tree.

You can pretty much put bard with anything and solo well.
    Last edited by Drish; 02-10-2011 at 08:02 AM.

Soulwalker

IMO, bards and sabo's both require such a heavy point and time investment that you would need to focus on one or the other. Splitting up between both won't get you very far in combat, because of juggling your charge settings and keeping all your motiffs and debuffs up =/ I guess if you just went with the default 0-pt charges + Detonate it wouldn't be too bad, assuming you kept everything up.

+ Reply to Thread