+ Reply to Thread

Thread: General Rogue discussions...

Default General Rogue discussions...

I'm bored, and can't sleep, so I was wondering, if anyone here enjoys all 8 rogue souls?

Personally, I just can't get into the bladedancer or saboteur
    Therylin - R5 Healer
    Thericia- R4 Rogue

Oil

I dunno man I quite like it. If you look at the skill tree. they both have dexterity bonuses and 15% each side totalling 30%. Well thats a lot of dexterity man! I quite think its an interesting build. add anything to it and itll be awesome.

I CANT WAIT TO TRY THESE OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I personally HATE all the rogues except Nightblade and Riftstalker.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyline View Post
    I personally HATE all the rogues except Nightblade and Riftstalker.
    Interesting

When i rolled my first rogue in beta 2, it was a bard, and instantly fell in love with "barding", then I started to branch our more, to see what I thought I liked to play along with the bard.

That's when i met the nightblade, and fell in love again.

So I purchased my second role, and made it a nightblade/assassin, liked it, but something was missing, so i respec'd to nightblade/rift

now i'm lost, i have 2 rogues that i love to play, with completely different mechanics. :P
    Therylin - R5 Healer
    Thericia- R4 Rogue

Well lets see for what i have fallen in love with. I love being that sneacky sob that kinda pounces on you from a long distance away stabs you a bit with pointy things give a quick " Tee Hee!" and then be gone. You know that bush right beside you? There is a fair chance it could be breathing. I love MM / rng combo you hardly get hit unless you pull agro then run like ****. I used SIn with it for the posion on my arrows of pew pew ness. Yet I tried Blade dancer rift stalker and just couldn't get into it I'm more of the I'ma gone make you die class so I'll probly go with MM/Rng/ sab latter on or Rng/sin/ sab i mean nothings better then im a gona make you go boom while i can hide after the boom. Sadly I don't has a ghillie suit iin this game.
    If God listened to the prayers of men, all men would quickly have perished: for they are forever praying for evil against one another.

I like them all to different degrees. For me, Bard, Marksman, and Saboteur are the strongest, as they offer either high damage or exceedingly high utility. Assassin, Nightblade, and Bladedancer are what I find the weakest, as their performance seems to drop off drastically outside of 1v1 encounters (they're too easy to peel and the damage doesn't spike). Ranger and Riftstalker are in the middle because of their high utility as subspecs for more than a splash.

Assassin - Useful as a subspec. Needs help as a main spec, but I use it as a subspec for most of my offensive-minded builds.
    Bard - Wins the game. No further comments needed.
    Bladedancer - Fun in 1v1/duel/PvE situations. Most of the abilities are reactive which diminishes utility in larger-scale combats.
    Marksman - Probably the strongest rogue soul for an assist train. Going to be quite FotM.
    Nightblade - Like an assassin, but better, as a primary soul. Still haven't warmed up to it entirely.
    Ranger - Good to pair with Marksman. Not sure of the value of a high Ranger build as I honestly haven't looked into it much, but my friend liked it.
    Riftstalker - Hugely undervalued as a secondary spec, since most only view it as a means to SS. I don't see it being of much use in PvP as a primary spec (great for PvE, mind you), but it makes my Bard so good.
    Saboteur - Probably the strongest rogue soul for non-assisting target selection in larger-scale fights. The burst is just so good. Best 0 pt. subspec option with Adhesive Bomb.
    Last edited by Kyera; 02-10-2011 at 05:42 AM.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Kyera View Post
    I like them all to different degrees. For me, Bard, Marksman, and Saboteur are the strongest, as they offer either high damage or exceedingly high utility. Assassin, Nightblade, and Bladedancer are what I find the weakest, as their performance seems to drop off drastically outside of 1v1 encounters (they're too easy to peel and the damage doesn't spike). Ranger and Riftstalker are in the middle because of their high utility as subspecs for more than a splash.

Assassin - Useful as a subspec. Needs help as a main spec, but I use it as a subspec for most of my offensive-minded builds.
    Bard - Wins the game. No further comments needed.
    Bladedancer - Fun in 1v1/duel/PvE situations. Most of the abilities are reactive which diminishes utility in larger-scale combats.
    Marksman - Probably the strongest rogue soul for an assist train. Going to be quite FotM.
    Nightblade - Like an assassin, but better, as a primary soul. Still haven't warmed up to it entirely.
    Ranger - Good to pair with Marksman. Not sure of the value of a high Ranger build as I honestly haven't looked into it much, but my friend liked it.
    Riftstalker - Hugely undervalued as a secondary spec, since most only view it as a means to SS. I don't see it being of much use in PvP as a primary spec (great for PvE, mind you), but it makes my Bard so good.
    Saboteur - Probably the strongest rogue soul for non-assisting target selection in larger-scale fights. The burst is just so good. Best 0 pt. subspec option with Adhesive Bomb.
    Pretty much agree, I like all the Rogues. That being said I've fallen in love with NBs, and they are by far my favorite.

Probably the only role which I like all of the classes, which is why I will most likely be playing a rogue at release (kinda interested in Champ/VK/Riftblade too, but I think I'll go rogue).

+ Reply to Thread