+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LF Ranged soul set

Shadowlander

Default LF Ranged soul set

Hey all, I'm looking for a good set of souls to go with to make a nice ranged dps rouge. Is there a class I shouldn't miss? I plan to try it out during the open beta so I have an idea what I want come launch. Thanks.

Shadowlander

The game gives you suggestions for what soul pairs go well with each class. I believe Marksman and Saboteur are the suggested for Ranger. The Marks gives you more ranged damage buffs and the sab gives you utility to cripple and keep at range.

Shadowlander

deep ranger if you want a pet and great dps, deep marksman if you have a pet and want awesome dps, deep sab if you want mainly big spike damage. If your looking for a good combination of ranged and close and personal don't discount the nightblade tree. You will find good synergy with all specs in the first two tiers of skill from most trees. You get several souls so don't try to be the best at everything with 1 cookie cutter build. There may be a few hybrid builds that work but mostly it makes your char redundant and less effective.
    Last edited by Kahkon; 02-10-2011 at 05:13 AM.

Shadowlander

Will the Ranger pet tank though? I played a Necromancer in beta 6 and that dog won't hunt unless you go deep into the tree, which I eventually did.
    Last edited by Nakur; 02-10-2011 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakur View Post
    Will the Ranger pet tank though? I played a Necromancer in beta 6 and that dog won't hunt unless you go deep into the tree, which I eventually did.
    The Razorbeast will tank fine for your first ~30 levels. After that you will need the Great Razorbeast (lvl24 root skill).

Shadowlander

Thanks for the response, that's perfect.

+ Reply to Thread