+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Do weapon enchants proc from abilities or only auto?

Default Do weapon enchants proc from abilities or only auto?

Do weapon enchants proc from abilities or only auto? If abilities, do sabo abilities proc them? Bard? Melee/other ranged?

I didn't start parsing until late on the last night of beta6, so I don't have a ton of useful data and can't verify it one way or the other. I know they proc from ranged auto attacks.

I have some sabo parses from Matron Verosa in FC (I was tanking the rest of the run, so it's not a lot of data).
    1) 58 total, 14 autos, 4 hfb
    2) 148 total, 55 autos, 11 hfb

The rogue who traded places with me for that fight was dpsing the rest of the run with a melee Nightblade spec. I'm ignoring Smoldering Blades for now, because it would be a lot more effort to track the number of procs due to its mechanics. I also assume Smoldering/Fell Blades/HFB can't proc each other. I'm guessing dot ticks don't proc any enchants either, only ability applications. Damage hits from Scourge of Darkness or channeled attacks? No idea. I'll count all Fiery Spike hits as non-proccing abilities for simplicity, but I'd assume that's not correct, just easier than guessing how many actual Fiery Spikes were used.
    Complete run) 4691 total (3274 after removing weapon procs/tank abilities/etc), 1120 autos (slightly inflated number from the ~4 pulls tanking), 435 hfb
    Queen Valnarra) 250 total (112), 55 autos, 24 hfb
    Krasimir) 138 (75), 35, 13
    One of the big troll looking trash mobs) 236 (141), 46, 28
    All of the other fights over 1m I've glanced at are similar in proportion.

So my two dps fights, I'm proccing hfb a little over 21% of my autos, around 8% of total. Other rogue had (very roughly and massagedly) ~39% of his complete run autos, ~13% of the complete run attacks I left in. ~48% of his autos on those three 1min+ fights, ~20% of his overall attacks. With a lot more data to evaluate the melee Nightblade rogue in the group, I would lean toward thinking all of the Nightblade specials can proc the enchants and that my massaging is somewhere in the correct neighborhood. With a tiny sample for my sabo, I have much less confidence, but it's not encouraging.

Does anyone with longer parses for different types of rogues have a better sense for what does and doesn't proc the weapon enchants?

Well if you watch the following video you can see all the HFB procs on this nightblades abilities . Specifically the throwing skills procced several weapon enchants. However the the channeled ability produced no procs. Which leads me to beleive that all weapon abilities have an equal chance to proc weapon enchants as do auto attacks. Basically any skill that says require melee weapon should have chance to proc it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAejwGG8UA4&hd=1

That's what I expected from the Nightblade or Assassin; the weapon enchants from their trees should certainly work with their skills. Thanks for trying to help confirm that they do.

I'm trying to find out how useful the enchants are to non-melee specs, primarily. Bards/Sabos/Marks/Rangers all use attacks that deal weapon+x damage. Ranged auto attacks definitely proc the enchants. From my limited observation, however, it doesn't seem like Sabo specials are proccing them. If that's true, or if it is true for Bards or the two bow/gun based ranged classes, that could be significant for selecting subspec souls for supporting talents.

+ Reply to Thread