+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Marksman build, Ranger and Saboteur. Need some criticism.

Default Marksman build, Ranger and Saboteur. Need some criticism.

So I have been trying to think of a decent build just basically pve on this one but I just want to know if it looks decent for the level 42 cap in Beta 7. Just not sure how this build would work out. So here it is.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...f.gGt0qb0hzo.V

And maybe for level 50, something like this?

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...o.vGt0qb0hzo.V

Please leave me some feedback or make some changes if it could be polished up. I'm not the one normally to make builds but I thought I might as well give it a go.

Have you played an archer/sab combo in game yet?
    If so, how complex was it juggling the firing of ranged shots and managing the bombs/charges?
    I did not try it yet, and have been debating choosing Assassin over Saboteur as 3rd solely because I get the feeling that dividing my focus between ranged shots and bomb planning could get busy and/or confusing.

The main reason I went Saboteur was because of Adhesive bomb and the Dexterity buff. There are a few good bombs it has as an AoE. But also in PvP, Saboteurs do a hell of a lot of damage if you stack a charge up to 5 times and then detonate them. I haven't played much witch the charges since I didn't use them much with a ranger class. I did try a full build just in saboteur for PvP. Got a lot of kills. But if Saboteur isnt a great asset with this build, I might give bard a try.
    Last edited by eXiilez; 02-09-2011 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eXiilez View Post
    The main reason I went Saboteur was because of Adhesive bomb and the Dexterity buff. There are a few good bombs it has as an AoE. But also in PvP, Saboteurs do a hell of a lot of damage if you stack a charge up to 5 times and then detonate them. I haven't played much witch the charges since I didn't use them much with a ranger class. I did try a full build just in saboteur for PvP. Got a lot of kills. But if Saboteur isnt a great asset with this build, I might give bard a try.
    Ahh okay, yeah for PvP I can see it. I'm pretty much a carebear at heart, but have been waffling over Sab and Assassin for 3rd soul on my petless archer. I tend to not like having too much button-mashing to do though, so I worry about Sab being an added layer of complexity over what I'm already doing.

Reg

Marks/Sab is a very deadly combo! For PVP denote 5 charges when your targets are running away or the person with the Fang at black garden have 3 sab put charges or FF denote can kill. My guild did just that 3 sab put charges on anyone whos carrying the Fang 3 sab charge on the person = instant death i have it somewhere i frap it will up load once i have it converted to youtube.
    m

Marks and sab have great AoE
    With sab slow you can throw more AoE if the other players are stacking together

There Is no Spoon! Only Knives!

Captain-General Of Legionnaire

So is my build even decent. Any changes that would make it better?

Plane Walker

I have yet to fully experiment Sab, so I cannot offer you insight there.

My build though is exactly like yours, with heavy investment in Marksmen, moderate investment in Ranger and very little in Sab.

Ranger is nice of course with the pet. It's a must when in PvE. But it is also nice in PvP with the Crippling Shot. The 5 points to get it can also go towards the 5% hp increase or 5% critical increase (I go with crit).

I also like the Sab in regards to the Adhesive bomb. Good for escaping as well as when facing melee classes.

Reg

So is my build even decent. Any changes that would make it better?
    For now keep your build like this as they say its still beta. After beta 7 comes out and the actual game might differ but it seem solid for now. Twink it a bit if i find anything i can improve on i will let you know.

Reg

There Is no Spoon! Only Knives!

Captain-General Of Legionnaire

Default ranger/mark/sabo

What do u think about this build for pvp?

Maybe, mark will be better as ranger in pvp and ranger will be better in pve, but idk

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...yGcb0x0o.xVM0E

Shadowlander

i runnning ranger marksman and blade dancer can hammer for distance but also have melee advantage

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Ateya View Post
    What do u think about this build for pvp?

Maybe, mark will be better as ranger in pvp and ranger will be better in pve, but idk

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...yGcb0x0o.xVM0E
    The thing with your build is that you selected three DPS classes. You have way more skills available than your hotbars can handle, even your 100 energy point limit. I do realize that your Marksman build has points invested in passive abilities, but still having points evenly distributed between two DPS classes just makes things complicated.

I highly suggest you allocate a 3rd soul to be non-DPs, such as a Bard and Riftstalker, and invest in points that are either activated or passive/reactive buffs.

Also, since you have only tinkered with two of the souls half-way, you're limiting yourself to the moderate abilities. If you invested 30 points in one of them, you'd unlock the last ability in the tree. I'm not sure about the effectiveness of the Raptor, but the Sab's final tree skill is effective against melee.

Quote Originally Posted by sinasdf View Post
    The thing with your build is that you selected three DPS classes. You have way more skills available than your hotbars can handle, even your 100 energy point limit. I do realize that your Marksman build has points invested in passive abilities, but still having points evenly distributed between two DPS classes just makes things complicated.

I highly suggest you allocate a 3rd soul to be non-DPs, such as a Bard and Riftstalker, and invest in points that are either activated or passive/reactive buffs.

Also, since you have only tinkered with two of the souls half-way, you're limiting yourself to the moderate abilities. If you invested 30 points in one of them, you'd unlock the last ability in the tree. I'm not sure about the effectiveness of the Raptor, but the Sab's final tree skill is effective against melee.
    Ok, my opinion is:
    for pvp will be better mark/sabo and as 3rd soul rift/bard or sin, right?
    and for pve ranger/mark/rift or bard or sin

maybe later infiltrator, but i havent any experience with this soul
    Last edited by Ateya; 02-10-2011 at 02:23 PM.

+ Reply to Thread