+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ranger/Bard/Assasin?

Default Ranger/Bard/Assasin?

Would this set up be any good at all in a PvE scenario? I would think it would provide good solo ability and be decent in groups. There are alot of you guys out there that know a whole lot more than I when it comes to build set ups. Would appreciate any input. Thanks
    I wonder if my life would have been different if I was born a day earlier.......probably not, I would have just asked this question yesterday.

Telaran

Can you post a bit more about what you're trying to do? Or better yet, post a sample of point layout with something like this? It'd just be helpful to know what you're planning on focusing in, if you're planning to go more melee or ranged, if you're looking for something to run in a party or solo, etc.

EDIT: There's a talent calc HERE
    Last edited by ArcaneTrixter; 02-09-2011 at 09:47 PM.

Since you can have alternate roles to switch to in the event your team needs something you don't bring to the table, there's not as much need to make your character capable of doing a little bit of everything. You might get more benefit out of having one role that is a Ranger/Marksman/Bard and another one that is a Ranger/Marksman/Assassin, one for teams and one for soloing. Mixing Assassin and Bard with Ranger seems to have your focus all over the map, a little on range, a little on support, a little on melee....you'll be okay at them but not particularly good at anything.

I guess I can say that I enjoy the whole pet/archer thing. Was wondering if the Bard as secondary would be benificial at all. The 3rd soul could be anything I guess.
    I wonder if my life would have been different if I was born a day earlier.......probably not, I would have just asked this question yesterday.

I intend to go with an archer & pet on release as well, and I have been thinking about this quite a bit.
    Generally Ranger and Marksman are set in stone, as that's the optimal archer.
    For 3rd though, Assassin seems best if you want to focus on being offensive.
    Bard more for if you want some support capability, a second heal for your pet, or the armor buff.

I personally feel that my archer should almost never be in melee. That's the pet's job.
    Last edited by Nightchrome; 02-09-2011 at 09:58 PM.

Telaran

You'd probably do better with a ranger/marksman/something for the whole "pet/archer" bit, but you could make that a viable spec.. I just threw this together, so it's not going to be a "best in class" build, but it'd work for soloing, and it's not really bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbabysdaddy View Post
    Would this set up be any good at all in a PvE scenario? I would think it would provide good solo ability and be decent in groups. There are alot of you guys out there that know a whole lot more than I when it comes to build set ups. Would appreciate any input. Thanks
    Honestly, there is absolutely no reason to make a Rogue pet class when you can make a perfectly good Beastmaster. They're capable of better DPS/Healing, and can wear plate armor. To those who disagree: You haven't played a Beastmaster.

Telaran

Have any data to back up that claim? I'd love to see a parse that shows that a beastmaster somehow beats a ranger/marksman for DPS.

I'll give you the armor, the health, and the better healing. But better DPS?

Quote Originally Posted by Ironfungus View Post
    Honestly, there is absolutely no reason to make a Rogue pet class when you can make a perfectly good Beastmaster. They're capable of better DPS/Healing, and can wear plate armor. To those who disagree: You haven't played a Beastmaster.
    I agree that Beastmaster is better if your goal is to be a nature-based pet user.
    But if your goal is to be an archer as well, Beastmaster does not really help at all.
    A lot of people associate archer & pet. It's just a tradition.

Because of my experience with Beastmaster in beta3 I am seriously considering having my archer be a pure archer,
    with no pet, and making a secondary char that is Beastmaster. It would be a first for me, having an archer with no pet.

+ Reply to Thread