+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rogue Support and Ranged PvP Builds...

Soulwalker

Default Rogue Support and Ranged PvP Builds...

Talking strictly PvP, wanted to throw out some builds that looked interesting to me. I have a preference for Support and Ranged classes and would love to get any feed back on these:

The Escape Artist PvP: (Support Roll)
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...o.EcdViRskqz.o

High Damage Marks: (Ranged Damage)
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...udR.xx0M0c0V0z

Damage Increaser: (Ranged Damage)
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...udR.xx0M0c0V0z

Would love to see any idea's for what you think would be solid ranged damage builds.

Telaran

I'd go for something more like this for higher ranged damage. +15% damage to builders/finishers is nice, hellfire blades can proc on all your abilities/auto attacks. You'll lose the bonus attack power when you dodge, and Ambush, but you get Controlled Fire + Hit and Run, as well as improved range and a few other things you were missing (root, etc).

Soulwalker

Thanks for the response, it gave me another angle to look at...

From what I have noticed in PvP 5 extra meters does not seem to make a difference. Now if I could get a skill to let me shoot through rocks and trees Is 5m extra (no CD) and the 50% power decrease (2min CD) worth the consistent chance at 15% damage (no CD) and the damage from Ambush (5min CD)?

Also why would you choose Sniper Training instead of Sharpshooter? Wouldn't +2% to hit overall be better than just a reduction of 2% parrying and dodging (which doesn't take into account blocking)?

Thanks again for your input.

Rift Disciple

I don't understand why people keep skipping Power Chord for Bards, especially for PvP. You're not always able to sit still and channel Cadence, and it's especially awesome for getting up a 24sec Coda of Cowardice or Distress on a group of enemies quickly (with Extended Grief).

Your 1 point in Toughened Soul would be much better spent on Power Chord, IMO.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Marduke View Post
    I don't understand why people keep skipping Power Chord for Bards, especially for PvP. You're not always able to sit still and channel Cadence, and it's especially awesome for getting up a 24sec Coda of Cowardice or Distress on a group of enemies quickly (with Extended Grief).

Your 1 point in Toughened Soul would be much better spent on Power Chord, IMO.
    I could see the point being spent there as potentally planar strike or cadence would have a chance of missing fro one reason or another. To me playing other bard builds with MM or Ran it was easier to use Quick shot or something of that ilk and Power Chord was just a hassle to mix in and offered no bonuses.

But with the build I put forth here you are correct.

Thanks.

Rift Disciple

While this build is not strictly ranged I still like it and it can be played as a ranged. Lots of non-physical dmg buff for cadence and stealth nightblade stuff for after you buff. Got the best heals possible and buffed AoE dmg coda. Also AoE snare and single target ranged snare as well as AoE mez and single target mez. The only downside is that the anthems/fanfares arent maxed. I could trade out some of the NB skills but i like the ones I have.
    Bard34/NB32
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...Roo.qczRcqszqz
    Here is my max dmg Marksman/kiter (i hate pets classes)
    MM32/Sin24/10NB
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...x0tRqd0udk.V0x
    Here is one with infiltrator (tanks will be wondering what just happened)
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...d0ubR.xx0M0c0V

I like your escape artist idea.
    Last edited by Sixfeetdeep; 02-09-2011 at 11:15 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Winterfell8 View Post
    Thanks for the response, it gave me another angle to look at...

From what I have noticed in PvP 5 extra meters does not seem to make a difference. Now if I could get a skill to let me shoot through rocks and trees Is 5m extra (no CD) and the 50% power decrease (2min CD) worth the consistent chance at 15% damage (no CD) and the damage from Ambush (5min CD)?

Also why would you choose Sniper Training instead of Sharpshooter? Wouldn't +2% to hit overall be better than just a reduction of 2% parrying and dodging (which doesn't take into account blocking)?

Thanks again for your input.
    You could definitely swap that out. Personally, I've enjoyed the extra 5 meters in codex at various points (pelting people from out of their range to get them to run away from their group). It wouldn't be too big a deal to live without it, and if you're finding that you don't hit other players at higher levels, it'd definitely be worth switching. Dropping those 5 points, I'd fill out the rest of Sharpshooter/Sniper Training, and then grab Slight of Hand, maybe?

Without doing more testing, +hit seemed to impact "Miss"es, but didn't seem to impact dodging/parrying. It was only really an issue vs higher level players and the level 50 elite dummies.
    [If someone actually has hard data for this, that would be great. I honestly didn't test it against someone like a BD, which I'd love to do]

As for the 15% attack power, it's not equal to 15% damage, or at least isn't so far. It also implies that you're dodging attacks from players every 15 seconds. And I honestly don't know how helpful Ambush will be. If it's really helpful, I'd definitely try to work it in. Otherwise, yes, I'd trade for half energy cost whenever I've got Hit and Run ready.

+ Reply to Thread