+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Saboteurs... people need to learn something.

Default Saboteurs... people need to learn something.

First off.... here's an example from Warhammer Online which had similar mechanics on a Sorceror class, to Rift's Saboteur...

Word of Pain + dot + a nuke to go off right as your word of pain went off: 5 seconds flat, you're dead, in under a second of damage actually being applied.

Guess what: people learned to counter it, easily. They would CC the enemy, run out of range of the nuke, kill the enemy, apply a bubble to themselves, interrupt the enemy's cast, silence the enemy, stun the enemy, knockback the enemy to interrupt, apply a heal over time to themselves so it would heal be able to keep them up if they lived (sometimes you'd have 5% health left), etc. Oh, and running out of line of sight so they couldn't keep stacking you up worked too.

Finally, there are NUMEROUS ways to counter a saboteur

Almost everyone has a stun of some kind.

A few souls can cure them off you (physical effects).

You could bother killing the guy instead of letting him pewpew you unhindered.

Putting an HoT on yourself helps prevent dying, too, since it heals right after the charges go off.

A bubble helps absorb some of the blast in tandem with the last point, so you live more better-er.

Another option is to break LOS so he can't detonate before he dies to someone else.

Might try running out of range...

You could give it a shot at just surviving, too!

Burst and backloaded damage owns in PVP.... you can't really "fix" the Saboteur soul without making it obscenely underpowered. Learn the game: adapt, and win. Just like any other class in PVP, watch when you're being attacked.
    Last edited by GoldenTiger; 02-09-2011 at 08:57 PM.
    Rig: 256gb SSD, i7 2600K quad-core (w/ HT, 4400mhz), GTX 670 Gigabyte OC WindForce @ 1354core/6510mem, 2560x1600 (Dell 3007wfp-hc S-IPS LCD monitor 30"), 16GB DDR3.
    Double the pixels of a 1920x1200 monitor = yummy graphics! I do love my eye candy...
    GSB, RoS conqueror, DH, GP cleared, 10/11 HK + P3 Akylios pre-nerf, Mage of Wolfsbane

I drew a nice picture of some mountains today. It, too, looks good on paper.

Rift Disciple too_legit_to_rift's Avatar

and you need to learn that sab rogues are OP

Quote Originally Posted by Lmaoboat View Post
    I drew a nice picture of some mountains today. It, too, looks good on paper.
    It's not paper, it's from playing a Rogue and Mage to 35 in the beta events. Cute response, though .
    Rig: 256gb SSD, i7 2600K quad-core (w/ HT, 4400mhz), GTX 670 Gigabyte OC WindForce @ 1354core/6510mem, 2560x1600 (Dell 3007wfp-hc S-IPS LCD monitor 30"), 16GB DDR3.
    Double the pixels of a 1920x1200 monitor = yummy graphics! I do love my eye candy...
    GSB, RoS conqueror, DH, GP cleared, 10/11 HK + P3 Akylios pre-nerf, Mage of Wolfsbane

Quote Originally Posted by too_legit_to_rift View Post
    and you need to learn that sab rogues are OP
    Yet, if you don't play recklessly, or GASP stack some extra hitpoints... they're not.

yet if you play video games sab rogues are op

yet if you play video games sab rogues are op
    Thanks for the free bumps.

you're quite welcome

Default Hmm

Ok I haven't personally played one as of yet, but I am hearing and starting to see more and more posts about this. I would say as the voices rise In unison that this Is true, there might be something behind what people are saying.
    Be Guided by the Hand of Justice or be Crushed by the Fist of the Tribunal....!

Quote Originally Posted by Lordsteel View Post
    Ok I haven't personally played one as of yet, but I am hearing and starting to see more and more posts about this. I would say as the voices rise In unison that this Is true, there might be something behind what people are saying.
    Or that since it takes some skill to counter, many people are incapable so they'd rather whine to get everyone but themselves nerfed.

i saw a video of a sab rogue do way too much damage. so your point is invalid, and does not compute.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordsteel View Post
    Or WoW players are laying eggs.
    Interested in roleplaying in Rift? Check out the Rift RP roleplaying community!

Future high elf or kelari warrior. Depends on how I like their aesthetics and their respective factions.

Oh noes! Another elf player! Kill eet!

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenTiger View Post
    Or that since it takes some skill to counter, many people are incapable so they'd rather whine to get everyone but themselves nerfed.
    So why do only Sabs need skill to counter?

i saw a video of a sab rogue do way too much damage. so your point is invalid, and does not compute.
    I saw a video of a sab rogue doing not enough damage. So your point is invalid, and does not compute.

Default Others

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenTiger View Post
    I do realize there will be those that say the opposite to, but I am willing to bet most of those play that charicter that people are talking about. Do you play this type of toon ?
    Be Guided by the Hand of Justice or be Crushed by the Fist of the Tribunal....!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast