+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Saboteurs... people need to learn something.

Quote Originally Posted by The Grixxitt View Post
    Nah, according to his logic there is no difference in normal vs. backloaded DPS. I mean COME ON MAN, like your healers were supposed to be healing you and stuff BEFORE the damage was done to your character, don't you get it?!?!?!
    Other souls get backloaded/burst damage as well. I did not ever say there is no difference between them, I said that you have to adapt your tactics when fighting someone who relies on that way of damage delivery to counter. Just as you adjust your tactics when fighting a healer.
    Rig: 256gb SSD, i7 2600K quad-core (w/ HT, 4400mhz), GTX 670 Gigabyte OC WindForce @ 1354core/6510mem, 2560x1600 (Dell 3007wfp-hc S-IPS LCD monitor 30"), 16GB DDR3.
    Double the pixels of a 1920x1200 monitor = yummy graphics! I do love my eye candy...
    GSB, RoS conqueror, DH, GP cleared, 10/11 HK + P3 Akylios pre-nerf, Mage of Wolfsbane

Saboteur should of been like enginner from WH flood the screen with damage numbers freaken bomberman now i would only use that shard for 15% dex thats it
    Last edited by Ged1; 02-09-2011 at 09:43 PM.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenTiger View Post
    Other souls get backloaded/burst damage as well. I did not ever say there is no difference between them, I said that you have to adapt your tactics when fighting someone who relies on that way of damage delivery to counter. Just as you adjust your tactics when fighting a healer.
    The only way to deal with that kind of burst is to either tunnel or CC the target. It's a broken PVP mechanic.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Zooks View Post
    The only way to deal with that kind of burst is to either tunnel or CC the target. It's a broken PVP mechanic.
    I'm confused why that's a lot to ask for...

Quote Originally Posted by bubulu View Post
    Those BM/Sorc screamed that everyone else need to learn to play, use better skills, more group coordination to counter them. People chose to leave WAR b/c BM and Sor carpet bomb groups.

I played magus extensively from start and it remained a useless mage class except for pulling. Glad I am not playing WAR.
    lol c'mon do you really believe what you just typed? People did not quit War for THAT reason. It was mostly poor game design in upper tiers and buggy/unoptimized gameplay. There were a few OP classes for a bit, namely Bright Wizard and Witch Elf, but the game's issues went beyond that.
    Understanding the Sab
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...b-is-wild-card

50 Assassin/Riftstalker/Infiltrator
    Prestige 3

Than how come nobody is whining about pryo, stormcaller, the two DD mages? Or any other burst damage classes? Is sab the only real burst damage class now?
    Don't be silly, we all know the best ranged damage class is in the warrior tree.

Wait, there are mages in Rift?!

/squishes mosquito

Well, guess there isn't anymore.
    Last edited by BlackUdder; 02-09-2011 at 09:51 PM.

Good luck trying to convince people since majority of players will vote with their money. You cannot expect majority of players to acquire awesome skills in order to just counter that one class, your beloved Sab.

A better mechanic for the overall health of the game is to balance out so sab keeps some of the burst, like pyro, but leaves some margin of error, or breathing space for other players to react.

Quote Originally Posted by Zooks View Post
    Without burst damage and crowd control in PVP, no one would die if both sides had decent players, let alone good ones. Many other callings/souls require you to give them priority too, such as main healers.
    Rig: 256gb SSD, i7 2600K quad-core (w/ HT, 4400mhz), GTX 670 Gigabyte OC WindForce @ 1354core/6510mem, 2560x1600 (Dell 3007wfp-hc S-IPS LCD monitor 30"), 16GB DDR3.
    Double the pixels of a 1920x1200 monitor = yummy graphics! I do love my eye candy...
    GSB, RoS conqueror, DH, GP cleared, 10/11 HK + P3 Akylios pre-nerf, Mage of Wolfsbane

51 point Sab takes no setup time at all. Go in stealthed, pop Rapid Setup, drop the appropriate charge and boom. Obviously the Sab is out in the open now, but can he take one of you out without much resistance? Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by luckeeloo View Post
    51 point Sab takes no setup time at all. Go in stealthed, pop Rapid Setup, drop the appropriate charge and boom. Obviously the Sab is out in the open now, but can he take one of you out without much resistance? Absolutely.
    You can use the same argument with many classes with long-cooldown abilities that let them go above and beyond their normal capabilities. No one has actually tried, at least people who can tell us, the 51-point ability anyway and seen whether it becomes inordinate burst at level cap (50). Additionally, you could still apply the same tactics I describe in the OP in time, assuming you don't see the ghost coming toward you and CC it while he's vulnerable.
    Last edited by GoldenTiger; 02-09-2011 at 09:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooj View Post
    I'm confused why that's a lot to ask for...
    Margin of error or time to react... An MMO should not have a class that requires you to either CC or you die.

Margin of error or time to react... An MMO should not have a class that requires you to either CC or you die.
    Most classes do indeed require you to counter them in some form or manner within a couple of seconds, actually, in PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenTiger View Post
    You can use the same argument with many classes with long-cooldown abilities that let them go above and beyond their normal capabilities.
    But if we all have the capacity to one shot each other like that, the game just basically sucks, no?

Shadowlander

Or you can just focus them down quickly, which every class requires you to do that or you die; eventually atleast.
    Last edited by Mooj; 02-09-2011 at 09:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooj View Post
    Or you can just focus them down quickly, which every class requires you to do that or you die; eventually atleast.
    You don't under what margin of error means? "eventually?" apparently you do. Burst damage should be in game, but to what extent is the issue here.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast