+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19

Thread: Saboteurs... people need to learn something.

I dunno maybe instead of detonate exploding all charges at once, its has a short GCD and sets 1 charge off at a time. Spreading the damage over a longer period of time, but obviously in the great scheme of things is still great burst, but allows healing time? I guess be more like a nuking quick DoT.

Could probably maybe even change make/new tree skill e.g. Chain reaction 0/5 %5 per point of a charge causing another charge off at same time.
    OR
    Could even go to bigger extremes like taking Crit damage out of the Sabotuer altogether, buffing the base damage and instead of Crit Damage a Crit chance = chance to set another charge off and each charge could effect the other. With Extreme luck all 5 could still go off.

completely wild Idea no real after thought or how it would effect PvE... flame/agree/laugh at, just an idea
    <Insert Long self righteous & most prestigious list of every MMO I have ever played! Including Character, Class and Level to give off the false impression that anyone actually cares or that its supposed to mean anything in this game!>
    My Specs
    I-14 @15ghz / Nvidia Radeon 9950GTX / Not Vista / 36TB of 8200MHz DDR60
    WoW invented the MMORPG & anything else deemed good by the community!

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Warganism View Post
    I dunno maybe instead of detonate exploding all charges at once, its has a short GCD and sets 1 charge off at a time. Spreading the damage over a longer period of time, but obviously in the great scheme of things is still great burst, but allows healing time? I guess be more like a nuking quick DoT.
    Because there's nothing in the world like queuing up 6 seconds worth of abilities to wait another 5 seconds to do that damage? It'd change them from a burst class to a very, very bad DPS class at the very least.
    Reason is a choice. Wishes and whims are not facts, nor are they a means to discovering them. Reason is our only way of grasping reality; it is our basic tool of survival. We are free to evade the effort of thinking, to reject reason, but we are not free to avoid the penalty of the abyss we refuse to see. ~Terry Goodkind, Faith of the Fallen

who says Detonate has to be on a 1sec GDC, why cant it have a different rule, since sabo is a very different mechanic.
    <Insert Long self righteous & most prestigious list of every MMO I have ever played! Including Character, Class and Level to give off the false impression that anyone actually cares or that its supposed to mean anything in this game!>
    My Specs
    I-14 @15ghz / Nvidia Radeon 9950GTX / Not Vista / 36TB of 8200MHz DDR60
    WoW invented the MMORPG & anything else deemed good by the community!

Quote Originally Posted by ArcaneTrixter View Post
    Better option would be to wait and see what happens. If this is all a huge issue on the 15th, then go PVP and fail for a while. They seem to be fairly good about using the metrics from the results to make changes. If all of the sudden it's not viable, and everyone is switching to some other soul spec, it will probably be changed again.
    yeah, i actually meant after or midway through open beta. can't really say its bad now, because no one can test it. actually, if everyone with a dispel was smart, they'd do no dispelling of any kind in this beta so sabo's couldn't complain. then bam, release hits and its in there lol.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Warganism View Post
    who says Detonate has to be on a 1sec GDC, why cant it have a different rule, since sabo is a very different mechanic.
    Alright, so take it off global cooldown. That makes it 5 seconds, plus however many seconds you want to make it tick off charges. Figuring at even half a second, that makes it 5.25 seconds (assuming you've reasonably quick reaction time) + time for it to tick off. As you want it to be healer counterable, that's at least a few second more (of wasted time).
    Reason is a choice. Wishes and whims are not facts, nor are they a means to discovering them. Reason is our only way of grasping reality; it is our basic tool of survival. We are free to evade the effort of thinking, to reject reason, but we are not free to avoid the penalty of the abyss we refuse to see. ~Terry Goodkind, Faith of the Fallen

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenTiger View Post
    Burst and backloaded damage owns in PVP.... you can't really "fix" the Saboteur soul without making it obscenely underpowered. Learn the game: adapt, and win. Just like any other class in PVP, watch when you're being attacked.
    Well, it looks like devs are going exactly that way: Nerfing Sabs to oblivion until they become trivial. Too bad, it was the only innovative class in this game.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Archangelus View Post
    Well, it looks like devs are going exactly that way: Nerfing Sabs to oblivion until they become trivial. Too bad, it was the only innovative class in this game.
    Correction: It was the easiest class to use in this game. Anyone who can't think of ways around these "nerfs" are just noobs who have no place in PvP in the first place.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Archangelus View Post
    It still is an original and innovative class. The difference between the old Sab and the new Sab is that now people need to think and react and use more abilities than just Charge + Detonate. Start using other abilities strategically. This will be the difference between bad Sabs and good Saboteurs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19