+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Any CC with a ranged Rogue build?

Default Any CC with a ranged Rogue build?

Sap, stun, root...anyone? I would love to move to rogue after years as a WoW Mage, but I gotta have my CC. any suggestions?

Rogue's Nightblade tree has a CC but you've gotta be stealthed for it. Only have to spend a few points to pick it up too. There's also a ranged, stealth CC from another tree but I can't remember which one it was

Rift Disciple

Bards are sitting pretty when it comes to CC. Our damage isn't especially high, but we more than make up for it with our buffs, debuffs, and CC.

Right now we're looking at:

Verse of Fascination: Plays a Verse that mesmerizes surrounding enemies for 8 seconds. Any damage on affected enemies removes the effect.

Verse of Captivation: Plays a Verse that mesmerizes an enemy for 8 seconds. Any damage on the affected enemy removes the effect. Only 1 enemy can be mesmerized at a time.

Reg

Quote Originally Posted by Teppup View Post
    Rogue's Nightblade tree has a CC but you've gotta be stealthed for it. Only have to spend a few points to pick it up too. There's also a ranged, stealth CC from another tree but I can't remember which one it was
    Rift stalker has a 6 second CC but target mob become immune though. Its way up the tree :S

There Is no Spoon! Only Knives!

Captain-General Of Legionnaire

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Cheekymonk View Post
    Sap, stun, root...anyone? I would love to move to rogue after years as a WoW Mage, but I gotta have my CC. any suggestions?
    Assassin tree has a 4sec stun and a 10sec blind and from stealth has a 30sec mez. not sure what poison gas does but it sounds like a 6sec stun/blind type spell.
    Bladedancer has a 4sec stun, 6sec disarm, 5sec AoE mez

I havent tried a Sab but I bet they have lots of tricks. The ranged classes can kite pretty good with snare/roots/stuns/run speed buffs.

Here is a build I just created, it has (2)4sec stuns, 6sec disarm, 5sec silence, 10sec fear, 30sec mez from stealth, AoE snare, 50% spammable snare, stealth, flash of steel (charge) etc. not sure it will work, just an idea.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...dbo.xVdVzoMRMz

If you want real CC your gonna have to go back to Mage and roll a Dominator.
    Last edited by Sixfeetdeep; 02-09-2011 at 10:01 PM.

Reg

Quote Originally Posted by Sixfeetdeep View Post
    Assassin tree has a 4sec stun and a 10sec blind and from stealth has a 30sec mez. not sure what poison gas does but it sounds like a 6sec stun/blind type spell.
    Bladedancer has a 4sec stun, 6sec disarm, 5sec AoE mez

I havent tried a Sab but I bet they have lots of tricks. The ranged classes can kite pretty good with snare/roots/stuns/run speed buffs.

Here is a build I just created, it has (2)4sec stuns, 6sec disarm, 5sec silence, 10sec fear, 30sec mez from stealth, AoE snare, 50% spammable snare, stealth, flash of steel (charge) etc. not sure it will work, just an idea.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...dbo.xVdVzoMRMz

If you want real CC your gonna have to go back to Mage and roll a Dominator.
    Agreed! Mage classes have more cc As Dom you get a 20 secs CC with a 15 sec CD its the first tier skills.

There Is no Spoon! Only Knives!

Captain-General Of Legionnaire

+ Reply to Thread