+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ranger pet levels?

Telaran

Default Ranger pet levels?

Is there a list somewhere that shows the max level for each of the ranger's pets?

Might be mistaken but isn't in the tree? Could've sworn I read that my Greater Razorbeast couldn't be higher level than 30 or something.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Teppup View Post
    Might be mistaken but isn't in the tree? Could've sworn I read that my Greater Razorbeast couldn't be higher level than 30 or something.
    I wasn't sure if that was just Rank 1 of the spell and other Ranks increased the max level of the pet.

Quote Originally Posted by Karpathias View Post
    I wasn't sure if that was just Rank 1 of the spell and other Ranks increased the max level of the pet.
    That's actually a good point. I don't recall training my pet like I did the skills but it may be there and I missed it. I tend to do that sometimes =P

Telaran

You do actually train your pets. Every rank has a different max level, and you can train the next rank when you hit that level. From what I've heard, the Razorbeast maxes out at 30, which is when the next one takes over- this requires you invest something like 24 points in ranger, which isn't viable if you aren't going pet intensive. I've only hit 29 so far, so I have no way of confirming yet; just what has been tossed around these forums.

If this is true, then it basically means the pet is fairly useless after 30 if you've only invested a minimal amount of points in Ranger, and the point of taking ranger as a 3rd soul diminishes fairly rapidly as you approach 50. Of course, that isn't to say that the pet is the only reason for taking the Ranger soul; it's just that, most likely, other souls will do a better job of providing you whatever you are looking for in your build. It'd be nice if the razorbeast scaled to 50, albeit badly, so that the level difference wouldn't completely make it useless.

50 is the max level for each pet.

Each rank has different level ranges, though. Once you reach the max level range, you'll get a new rank either that level or the next(I can't remember which). The new rank gives you a new max level.
    Fairly certain it continues that way until 50, I don't see any reason why it wouldn't.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Faolon View Post
    50 is the max level for each pet.

Each rank has different level ranges, though. Once you reach the max level range, you'll get a new rank either that level or the next(I can't remember which). The new rank gives you a new max level.
    Fairly certain it continues that way until 50, I don't see any reason why it wouldn't.
    As you get Greater Razoebeast and Greater Dire Wolf with more points invested in th Ranger tree I doubt the Razorbeast and Dire Wolf you get at lower levels will scale to level50. I'm just trying to decide how many points to invest in Ranger while leveling so that I can invest more in MM.

As you get Greater Razoebeast and Greater Dire Wolf with more points invested in th Ranger tree I doubt the Razorbeast and Dire Wolf you get at lower levels will scale to level50. I'm just trying to decide how many points to invest in Ranger while leveling so that I can invest more in MM.
    Well, considering that I was spec'd ranger and learned new ranks of both Dire Wolf and Razorbeast after getting the greater versions of each... I'd say my guess is fairly accurate.

I doubt they'd want to gimp anyone who didn't invest heavily into the tree that badly.

Telaran

Well, considering that I was spec'd ranger and learned new ranks of both Dire Wolf and Razorbeast after getting the greater versions of each... I'd say my guess is fairly accurate.

I doubt they'd want to gimp anyone who didn't invest heavily into the tree that badly.
    How much do the original and greater versions differ?

How much do the original and greater versions differ?
    1 holds aggro and 1 doesn't... =p

At 35 I found my level 30 normal razorbeast held aggro for like ... 30% of the targets health...

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrkle View Post
    At 35 I found my level 30 normal razorbeast held aggro for like ... 30% of the targets health...
    so your razorbeast stayed at lvl 30 max?

na, you gain the greater version with 24 points=at lvl 24. of course you gain addition ranks of the normal one. up to lvl 30... i guess.

Soulwalker

That would be a little bit weird. Why even have the choice for secondary souls when their skills are useless at higher levels? The complete soul tree system would be a little bit useless if all the low tier skills don't scale with the player level.

If the skills are useless it all comes down to "5% Crit" and "15% Attack Power" or "5% more health". For this we don't need 3 soul-trees and their skills. Just place them in the main tree and force me to choice between them.

On the other side: if only this skill is useless it should be adjusted to make this tree viable as a secondary soul, too.

I have no problem with a weaker version of the bigger razorbeast. But it shouldn't be so weak that the players are forced to use the ranger always as the main soul if they want to create a ranged-dd pet class.

Quote Originally Posted by Kulin View Post
    the ranger always as the main soul if they want to create a ranged-dd pet class.
    24p for the greater beast doesn't make it a "main soul" but i agree, that the pets are the only thing that has an "expiration date" at lvl30.
    maybe its because a scaling pet is a little OP for 0p ?
    don't know...

Plane Touched

the biggest diff between the razor and the greater razor is that the greater razor has the ability to aoe taunt and the razor only has a single target taunt. this is why, without effort on your part, the razor can not tank 2 or mobs while you spam ae dps.

Do the razor and dire wolf stop at 30? I do not know because I either had enough points to go with the greater versions, so I naturally used them instead.
    If a rogue can do it, I do it. If a rogue can't do it, I do it anyway.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by MarshaII View Post
    the biggest diff between the razor and the greater razor is that the greater razor has the ability to aoe taunt and the razor only has a single target taunt. this is why, without effort on your part, the razor can not tank 2 or mobs while you spam ae dps.

Do the razor and dire wolf stop at 30? I do not know because I either had enough points to go with the greater versions, so I naturally used them instead.
    The razorbeast's max level is 30, after that you would have to invest points to get the greater Razorbeast.Not sure about the Dire Wolf as i never used it.
    Last edited by Ickle; 02-10-2011 at 02:49 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast