+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MM/Assassin/riftstalker

Soulwalker

Default MM/Assassin/riftstalker

ive been looking for a build that allows a MM to teleport and stealth.

problem is the teleport requires 26 points into riftstalker, and the good stealth requires a lot in the assassin tree

what i came up with was this, but i find a lot of talents in the riftstalker kind of meh for MM

http://rifts.ru/tallents/index.html?...19,5_&lang=eng

i will probably mostly pve, with some pvp sprinkled in.

any thoughts?

Telaran

You get one 15meter teleport for just having riftstalker as one of your souls. It is on a 45 sec CD tho.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Boduar View Post
    You get one 15meter teleport for just having riftstalker as one of your souls. It is on a 45 sec CD tho.
    Yeah, but it just teleports you in the direction youre facing, where as the one deeper in the tree allows you to pick a spot within a certain range.

perhaps taking the 15 meter and speccing into improved stealth would be a better idea though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nostik View Post
    Yeah, but it just teleports you in the direction youre facing, where as the one deeper in the tree allows you to pick a spot within a certain range.

perhaps taking the 15 meter and speccing into improved stealth would be a better idea though.
    Thing is as a mm you won't be needing to teleport or need better stealth pve

You can always make a second roll for pvp and have the first for pve

but if you want that build then this is a version of it i think is better http://rifts.ru/tallents/index.html?...19,5_&lang=eng

or here's the one with better stealth http://rifts.ru/tallents/index.html?...19,5_&lang=eng
    Last edited by Eckz; 02-10-2011 at 12:09 PM.

Plane Walker

Here's my analysis (Keep in mind that I'm thinking of PvP mainly in mind - I'm a PvP fanatic, sorry)

First off, if you're going to be mainly PvE'ing, Riftstalker will not be a good choice for you unless you are also going to be the MT. The plane shifting abilities will not do you any good in PvE. First you might teleport way ahead and aggro more mobs than you'd want to. Also, the mitigation abilities after plane shifting are just too much against regular PvE mobs, and are useless against instance mobs (since your main tank will handle those).

If you want Riftstalker more for their tanking and planeshifting abilities for PvP, then read on.

When it comes to investing points across your souls, try to limit the point investment to 32. This is because you unlock your Root skills at 32 points. The next root skill is at 38 points, and the 38 skills for the Marks and Riftstalker aren't all that worth it. It's easy to spread your points around if you limit two of your three souls to 32 points.

Let's rework Riftstalker. You want to get the 32-point root skill for the Riftstalker
    Invest 1 point in Freedom of Movement, and 5 in Rift Barrier. Note that Rift Barrier and Rift Guard are mutually exclusive (cannot be active at the same time). So it's best to invest 5 points in Rift Barrier, or 1 in Rift Guard. You know have 32 points and have unlocked Memory Capture/Flashback.

Your Marksman at the moment has 36 points invested, which is a 4 point waste.
    So let's dissect Marksmen and get those 4 points back. I'll take 2 from Hasty Departure, and 1 from Improved Swift Shot

The buff from Sniper Training is also useless. Take 2 away from that. Invest 1 point back in Keen Eye. If you are really serious about PvP, take away those AOE abilities, which is 4 points and can be used to go into Keen Eye. I also prefer On The Double/Getaway over Master Archer, so reduce 2 points from Master Archer to invest in those two skills. Remove 1 more point from Master Archer to get back to 32 points.

Now, you have only 2 points left. You need 4 points to invest in Assassin in order to unlock stealth. I find the Marksman 32 root ability Quick Reload extremely useful, but because you have a Rift Stalker build, I'm sure your class will be able to last long without having to worry about a bit more DPS. However, you will also lose Strafe, which is a great ability. I'm not sure if basic assasin cloak is worth more than Strafe + Quick Reload.

You need to remove 2 more abilities from Marksman, so I removed 1 from Master Archer and the 1 in Strafe. (I actually prefer removing all from Master Archer and putting it in Repelling shot). Invest the 4 abilities in Assassin.

Here is your final build:

Here is my final build for lvl 50:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...bok.E0tkqz0ubo
    Last edited by sinasdf; 02-10-2011 at 12:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sinasdf View Post
    Here is your final build:

Here is my final build for lvl 50:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html
    Link for your build is broken

Also with your build no strafe so low damage single target and you removed crossfire and collateral damage so low aoe damage.

You have static shot rather rift prison which makes no sense since if you attack them while they have static shot root will break anyway so the only difference is that if they have ranged abilities they can keep attacking you

Also no improved rift barrier if you teleport away from someone the chances are that they arent going to hit you with a physical attack so that reduces the effectiveness of rift barrier

As for shadow assualt mm's would not be wanting to teleport towards someone even if it's behind them so that skill will never be used and rift scavanger isn't going to help at all

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Eckz View Post

Also with your build no strafe so low damage single target and you removed crossfire and collateral damage so low aoe damage.

You have static shot rather rift prison which makes no sense since if you attack them while they have static shot root will break anyway so the only difference is that if they have ranged abilities they can keep attacking you

Also no improved rift barrier if you teleport away from someone the chances are that they arent going to hit you with a physical attack so that reduces the effectiveness of rift barrier

As for shadow assualt mm's would not be wanting to teleport towards someone even if it's behind them so that skill will never be used and rift scavanger isn't going to help at all
    I guess my thinking was more for world pvp and rifts with this build. ill just have to save a roll for the pve raiding build.

but my biggest issue is that there is not a whole lot in riftstalker that helps MM, however i thihk the teleport would help with melee simply because once they get to you (if they get to you) you teleport and they spend vital seconds trying to figure out where you are (obviously not if youre fighting npc's)

I was just thinking the teleport could add an interesting dynamic to the marksman.

again thanks for the replies. ill probably end up with a MM stealth build and a MM teleport build as two of my four builds, just to see if the stealth or the teleport is more usefull

Thank you for the responses

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Eckz View Post

Thanks, fixed the link

-Strafe is a big loss but when you have to decide between Flash/Mem and Strafe, you need to go with Flash/Mem. Strafe is a big DPS ability but without it you can still do well.

-Static shot is only meant for melee players. It's meant for buying myself more time and space between him and I. When I use static shot, I'll use it after plane shifting and start with my cast abilities (which require 2 seconds). Static Shot, then Empowered shot. Breaks CC, attack with 1-combo point abilities. Activate Snare/Adhesive Bomb. Finish with Deadeye.

-Rift Prison is a very imported skill that I use not only when I make my getaway, but also in group PvP. If you work with a well-organized group, you can Rift Prison the healer and quickly focus fire on certain targets.

-Improved Rift Barrier - you are correct. While Improved Rift Barrier is no improvement against rogues and warriors, while facing Clerics and Mages it would help to have invested in this. I guess you could take 1 point from Toughened Soul and put it in there.

-Shadow Assault would be used a lot. Not only is it a planeshifting abilities that grants you the damage mitigation buffs, but it's also a useful when escaping. I.e. in Whitefall steps, as you carry the flag and return it to your base, there are bound to be enemies who see you on your map and turn around and try and stop you (they are infront of you). Using Shadow Assault on them and then turning around buys you those extra few seconds.

Not only that, but a Marksman getting in melee range isn't much of a worry when you have the Riftstalker build - it is incredibly difficult to kill anyway. If you are very worried about it, just hit static shock again and get away.

Furthermore, it's more than beneficial to use against Ranged/Casters.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Nostik View Post
    I guess my thinking was more for world pvp and rifts with this build. ill just have to save a roll for the pve raiding build.

but my biggest issue is that there is not a whole lot in riftstalker that helps MM, however i thihk the teleport would help with melee simply because once they get to you (if they get to you) you teleport and they spend vital seconds trying to figure out where you are (obviously not if youre fighting npc's)

I was just thinking the teleport could add an interesting dynamic to the marksman.

again thanks for the replies. ill probably end up with a MM stealth build and a MM teleport build as two of my four builds, just to see if the stealth or the teleport is more usefull

Thank you for the responses
    Riftstalker helps MM a lot. Riftstalker and Bard are the two most valuable classes that an MM can have. Riftstalker provides MM with survivability and an escape from melee enemies. Bard is valuable to all rogue classes and it is a buff/healing class.

All the other souls out there don't provide much of a benefit, either because they provide skills which aren't all that better than what Marksman provides, or they focus on melee.

Mark/Assa/NB for PvP

Ranger/Assa/NB for Pve

Imo - either pick Ranger / Mark, but not both.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...z.MVzcx0b.V0xM

^^^^^ This is the PvE spec I will use to level with ^^^^^
    Last edited by Riven; 02-10-2011 at 12:54 PM.
    Looking for a Hardcore PvP / PvE Gaurd Guild - EST

Send me a PM!

Thanks, fixed the link

-Strafe is a big loss but when you have to decide between Flash/Mem and Strafe, you need to go with Flash/Mem. Strafe is a big DPS ability but without it you can still do well.

-Static shot is only meant for melee players. It's meant for buying myself more time and space between him and I. When I use static shot, I'll use it after plane shifting and start with my cast abilities (which require 2 seconds). Static Shot, then Empowered shot. Breaks CC, attack with 1-combo point abilities. Activate Snare/Adhesive Bomb. Finish with Deadeye.

-Rift Prison is a very imported skill that I use not only when I make my getaway, but also in group PvP. If you work with a well-organized group, you can Rift Prison the healer and quickly focus fire on certain targets.

-Improved Rift Barrier - you are correct. While Improved Rift Barrier is no improvement against rogues and warriors, while facing Clerics and Mages it would help to have invested in this. I guess you could take 1 point from Toughened Soul and put it in there.

-Shadow Assault would be used a lot. Not only is it a planeshifting abilities that grants you the damage mitigation buffs, but it's also a useful when escaping. I.e. in Whitefall steps, as you carry the flag and return it to your base, there are bound to be enemies who see you on your map and turn around and try and stop you (they are infront of you). Using Shadow Assault on them and then turning around buys you those extra few seconds.

Not only that, but a Marksman getting in melee range isn't much of a worry when you have the Riftstalker build - it is incredibly difficult to kill anyway. If you are very worried about it, just hit static shock again and get away.

Furthermore, it's more than beneficial to use against Ranged/Casters.
    Still don't think shadow assauly is necessart since he'll already have 4 teleports but builds are supposed to be varied so ok

Think he would have to drop sin though to make it viable

Riftstalker helps MM a lot. Riftstalker and Bard are the two most valuable classes that an MM can have. Riftstalker provides MM with survivability and an escape from melee enemies. Bard is valuable to all rogue classes and it is a buff/healing class.

All the other souls out there don't provide much of a benefit, either because they provide skills which aren't all that better than what Marksman provides, or they focus on melee.
    Sin is amazing for mm's dps and survivability against melee
    Last edited by Eckz; 02-11-2011 at 01:30 AM.

+ Reply to Thread