+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Did you know that Marksman do more single target damage than Saboteurs?

Default Did you know that Marksman do more single target damage than Saboteurs?

This is a true statement. I just thought you might like to know.

"Crito, I owe a **** to Asclepius; will you remember to pay the debt? "
    SUPREME GRILLMASTER of The Enclave

Ascendant

did you know that sabs can do triple the damage a marksman can do in 1 GCD?

Rift Chaser

People will cry about MM/proc builds next if saboteur gets nerfed. jaym7018 has clearly never seen someone use Bull's Eye + Strafe and saboteur damage REQUIRES 6 GCDs, but hes too dense to realize that.
    Last edited by airflow; 02-09-2011 at 07:02 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Cybaster View Post
    This is a true statement. I just thought you might like to know.
    So we take your word for it?

Shadowlander

let's compare two overpowered classes. The one that comes out with at least 1 more dps than the other will be fotm.
    Agree with me. If you don't, chaos will ensue, and many will suffer as a result. You wouldn't want to be known as a person who creates suffering, do you?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by airflow View Post
    People will cry about MM/proc builds next if saboteur gets nerfed. jaym7018 has clearly never seen someone use Bull's Eye + Strafe. Saboteur damage REQUIRES 6 GCDs, but you're too dense to realize that.
    ive done bullseye strafe ive also done barbed hit and run ES>ES>bullseye>deadeye quick reload BE> strafe > deadeye. and think its completely fine. Seriously who hasnt played a marksman? you act like marksman is some secret undiscovered soul.

And i also hope you realize BE>strafe is 5GCDs.
    Last edited by jaym7018; 02-09-2011 at 07:13 PM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by jaym7018 View Post
    ive done bullseye strafe ive also done barbed hit and run ES>ES>bullseye>deadeye quick reload BE> strafe > deadeye. and think its completely fine. Seriously who hasnt played a marksman? you act like marksman is some secret undiscovered soul.

And i also hope you realize BE>strafe is 5GCDs.
    Technically BE + strafe is 4 GCDS, bull's eye doesn't trigger GCD and strafe only lasts 4 seconds. It also does the same damage a saboteur can do in LESS time... Imagine that.. "you act like marksman is some secret undiscovered soul.", ....?? What? A majority of the people don't realize that marksman does more damage over a shorter period of time because they are stuck on the saboteur spike damage.
    Last edited by airflow; 02-09-2011 at 07:39 PM.

Ascendant

Technically BE + strafe is 4 GCDS, bull's eye doesn't trigger GCD and strafe only lasts 4 seconds. It also does the same damage a saboteur can do in LESS time... Imagine that.. "you act like marksman is some secret undiscovered soul.", ....?? What? A majority of the people don't realize that marksman does more damage over a shorter period of time because they are stuck on the saboteur spike damage.
    strafe did nowhere in the realm the burst of time bomb annihilation bomb charges and head shot all hitting in the same GCD,. im pretty sure everyone knows what strafe can do and what marksman can do considering everyone played the MM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by jaym7018 View Post
    strafe did nowhere in the realm the burst of time bomb annihilation bomb charges and head shot all hitting in the same GCD,. im pretty sure everyone knows what strafe can do and what marksman can do considering everyone played the MM.
    You don't seem to understand that it takes 5 GCDs just to stack charges, 1 GCD to detonate, and 1 more GCD to use a finisher if you detonated with annihilation bomb. If you knew how to do addition you'd realize that is 7 GCDs to do less damage than a MM. My BE+strafe was doing 400-500 every second. Strafe hits 5 times resulting in 2000 - 2500 damage and it leaves you with 5 combo points for a finisher that can hit for 1000+ which is all done in 5 GCDs. The only reason saboteurs are even mentioned on the boards is because they are built to act as a spike damage soul.
    Last edited by airflow; 02-09-2011 at 07:59 PM.

Shadowlander

You don't seem to understand that it takes 5 GCDs just to stack charges, 1 GCD to detonate, and 1 more GCD to use a finisher if you detonated with annihilation bomb. If you knew how to do addition you'd realize that is 7 GCDs to do less damage than a MM. My BE+strafe was doing 400-500 every second. Strafe hits 5 times resulting in 2000 - 2500 damage and it leaves you with 5 combo points for a finisher that can hit for 1000+ which is all done in 5 GCDs. The only reason saboteurs are even mentioned on the boards is because they are built to act as a spike damage soul.
    It's pretty hilarious listening to people talk about having comparable DPS to sabs, as if DPS is why they are so potent.

Protip: no one cares about DPS in pvp.

Telaran

True story here:

I was in codex (playing Guardian) near their point- can't remember the name, but it's the one closest to the Defiant spawn- when a group of about 3 guys came up from behind the rock that is next to the point. The mage in the group casts that polymorph spell (Transmogrify or something?). I'm sitting there for around 10 seconds, and this Sab starts placing charges on me. I don't know if the charges can break the morph, or if somebody hit me with something weak, but the morph breaks, and I start to run away, towards the Codex. I notice the Sab is still placing charges on me ( He had only gotten one on me when the morph broke), until it suddenly stops at 4. I retreat behind the rocks that are near the Codex and start summoning my pet to see if I can make the Sab waste charges on it. Suddenly, I see the 5th charge being placed, and then BOOM. 800 damage. I had 2k hp at the time, so I was down to 1200. I switch into fight mode, but I'm panicking, so I forget to put pedestal down, or cast LF for the 10% debuff. The sab is trying for charges again, or doing whatever Sabs do, and I'm unloading on him, trying my hardest to get him down in the few GCD's I have before he finishes me off for good. Luckily, my Dead Eye shot crits, and the Sab is down to around 400 hp. He panics and detonates early, bringing me down to around 200. Now, it becomes a race to see who can get off a lucky crit and finish the other off. I'm firing off Quick Shots like no tomorrow, and he's also using his instant casts to try to finish me. I get him to around 200, and notice my HP is around 20. I cast a barbed shot, as well as a 2 point rapid fire shot- doesn't crit, but gets him down to around 100 hp. He finishes me off, and as I'm dieing, I see him come closer to my grave- presumably to gloat, or teabag me, or whatever it is you do after winning a PvP battle, and die to my Barbed Shot.

The point of that incredibly long story was that DPS does matter. One of the reasons a lot of people ***** about Sabs is because they ignore them until they get hit by a Detonate or Annihilation bomb or whatever, and then complain that the burst was too much. People don't ***** about MM (as much) because they can see the damage from my combo builders; they can see my cast bar, and they can see me launching my Dead Eye Shot. If they are any good, they will know next time to not let me get it off next time, or to do something to mitigate the damage. It's just part of the PvP experience.

Rift Chaser

Sounds like you didn't have strafe yet either, if you had strafe the saboteur would have been dead so fast

sabs are overrated...

did you girls know its a Beta and things change Quickly and with out major notice during betas?
    (Average Player Mindset)
    Everything I need to know about balancing classes in MMOs.
    1. If I can kill it they are just bad players.
    2. If it can kill me it is cheating, exploiting, or over powered and needs to be balanced.
    3. The game would be better if the Dev Teams built the game the way I wanted it.
    4. I know the Company is not taking Data on their games because what I see is the only thing that is Important.
    5. The game I'm playing right now is Not as good as the game I left to come play it.
    6. I only read the info I want to see and rage about what I don't Understand.
    7. I'm by far more mature then the people I flame on the forums.
    8. I make invalid responses that are completely out of context and have nothing to do with the topic being discussed.

Why are people arguing about PvP balance when we're not at max level and when the gear we're in doesn't even have the PvP stat(if you think you should stand a chance without this stat, you're dumb) on it? Can someone answer this? Max level should be what the developers are focusing on. Why's that you ask? Because that's where we'll spend most of our time.

When I heard the developer's quote of "The game doesn't even start 'til max level," I was excited beyond belief. This is the exact reason I enjoyed WoW so much waaaay back in Vanilla. The developers didn't put an emphasis on leveling.

Furthermore, threads like this also come with arguments like, "But we're in beta! We can only level to 35 so why not talk about level 35 balance?!" Dumbest. Argument. Ever. Just because its the cap for the time being doesn't mean its the cap they should be balancing around and you giving suggests on balance for level 35 doesn't help the developers at all. They're using these betas for stress testing. And it's blatantly obvious.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast