+ Reply to Thread

Thread: RIFTSTALKER PvP?

Soulwalker

Default RIFTSTALKER PvP?

So.

I haven't had the chance to actually play the beta, but I have indeed seen the talent or soul trees whatever you prefer to call them.

I really like the look of the riftstalker soul. It looks really nifty with all the mobility and teleporting. I was planning on not going *too* deep into the tree, but deep enough for a few teleports...

Then putting a lot of points into assassin for stealth and such..

Would that be viable at all?

Thanks ^^

PS. can't wait to play open beta

i am also interested to see if this would be very viable. it seems to me that the Riftstalker would almost be a must for assassin pvp due to the fact that a well-placed/timed blink can really be advantageous to you by confusing the opponent. plus all the damage mitigation in the riftstalker tree makes it highly useful in pvp.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by tiennen07 View Post
    i am also interested to see if this would be very viable. it seems to me that the Riftstalker would almost be a must for assassin pvp due to the fact that a well-placed/timed blink can really be advantageous to you by confusing the opponent. plus all the damage mitigation in the riftstalker tree makes it highly useful in pvp.
    It looks like it'd be so entertaining too. I mean, I'm sure it wouldn't AS viable as a assassin / blademaster or something along that line, but it looks sure as heck a lot more fun to be blinking and all that stuff behind people. I loved playing a sub rogue in WoW so that looked pretty cool.

Plane Touched

You can get 15% crit and another 15% increase in damage from plane shifting. There's plenty other stuff too, but it is good for PvP.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...d.VG0MxqbRkk.V try something along the lines of this.

At first I played and assassin, as that is the play style I love.

In subsequent betas I wanted more survivability so I decided to put about half of my points into riftstalker... and PvP tanking is a blast. It sucks if the healers are dumb, but I make such an impact it's great. And if I would rather have higher dps I just swap to the skill that doesn't reduce my damage by 30% (the 16pt root vs the 18pt one) and I can be helpful that way. I definitely couldn't take out everyone that way, but I can press a healer so my teammates have a chance to fight other people.

The short answer is yes, I love it. Try it for yourself and see if you do.
    Mo - Ashstone - Kelari Rogue - <Ascendant>
    Anyone feel free to PM/Friend me.
    Join me with ascend-a-friend, if you play on Ashstone I'll buy you a mount and some bags:
    http://www.riftgame.com/en/products/...=ascend_invite

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...d.VG0cxqbRkk.V

Personally, I'd so something similar if I wanted SIN/RIFT. Sab's there for the obvious 15% dex.

May give decent amount of survivability with Leeching poison + all healing received 30% plus all the damage wards, also I guess you can deal enough damage when attacking your opponent from behind, (That's where all rogues should be at).

Soulwalker

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...bo.VG0ctqbM.Vo

^^^

I was looking to do something more along the lines in that build. I don't know if that'd be more viable, but I really would want to go deeper into the assassin tree for more, hm, rogue like ablilties, than the more defensive riftstalker, but still have the nifty plane shifting ablities granted by the riftstalker.

That build, give or take some points I may change when I actually PLAY the game may change, but that looks like a really fun build.

Would you think it would be viable?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeclipse View Post
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...bo.VG0ctqbM.Vo

^^^

I was looking to do something more along the lines in that build. I don't know if that'd be more viable, but I really would want to go deeper into the assassin tree for more, hm, rogue like ablilties, than the more defensive riftstalker, but still have the nifty plane shifting ablities granted by the riftstalker.

That build, give or take some points I may change when I actually PLAY the game may change, but that looks like a really fun build.

Would you think it would be viable?
    Skip Riftbarrier directly if you're not using the improved version, Also freedom of movement is nearly a necessity. Also Planar refuge over Rift Guard any day. Enduring brew is one of the best survivability skills Rogue soul's may get (Kicks *** with 30% healing received).

I'd say drop Hasted time & Rift guard, get Freedom of Movement, improved Rift barrier & Planar refuge.
    Drop poison potency and get Magnify Pain & Enduring brew.
    Last edited by Catskills; 02-10-2011 at 04:08 AM.

Rift Disciple

Seems like a good thread to ask about stalker phase, the 16 pt root ability of RS. It says "The Rogue enters a stalking phase, increasing damage by 15% and reducing threat generation by 50% for 10 seconds after using Shadow Stalk or Shadow Assault."

For clarification does that mean the stance gives you the +15% dmg and then on a phase shift you get 50% less threat for 10 seconds or are both modifiers contingent on shifting with shadow stalk or shadow assault?

Here is my Rift build.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...Ros.VRzcxq0Rzz

Is it okay?

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Kittens View Post
    A NB build isn't really a Rift build lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Foofmonger View Post
    A NB build isn't really a Rift build lol.
    Sorry the link didnt copy well.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...Ros.Vrzcxq0R0z

I think if you put more points into Rift you are watering down the possibilities of other specs. Rift is good but any more points is just a waste.
    Last edited by Kittens; 02-10-2011 at 09:16 AM.

See? this is why i love this game... SOOO many viable options of gameplay and different variations. No cookie cutter crap.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeclipse View Post
    So.

I haven't had the chance to actually play the beta, but I have indeed seen the talent or soul trees whatever you prefer to call them.

I really like the look of the riftstalker soul. It looks really nifty with all the mobility and teleporting. I was planning on not going *too* deep into the tree, but deep enough for a few teleports...

Then putting a lot of points into assassin for stealth and such..

Would that be viable at all?

Thanks ^^

PS. can't wait to play open beta
    At level 50 you will have enough points to get 32 points in two of the three souls, with 2 points left over. 32 points in two souls is important because it unlocks the powerful 32 root points. Having a Riftstalker as one part of your build will contribute greatly to your survivability. Having a DPS soul will just add to your DPS. Basically, you'll be a DPS'ing tank.

+ Reply to Thread