+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Solo PvE Ranged - Rogue MM\RNGR\BARD?

Soulwalker

Default Solo PvE Ranged - Rogue MM\RNGR\BARD?

Any thoughts and/or suggestions on builds?

Haven't tried it yet but I spend 95% of my time solo so am looking for something to start with on the last BETA and head start...

Thank You

go ranger/assassin. Ranged can proc the assassin poisons, and with just 8 in assassin you get two poisons to use which both add a decent bit of damage, but more importantly, will increase your crit rate by 5% (and a second 5% base increase from assassin). So those 8 points in assassin have bought you 10% crit rate

mm/ranger/assassin could work nicley for soloing if thats your thing.

Im currently aiming for a ranger/assassin/blade dancer build. its the shoot in my sig. The idea is to get a lot of attacks on target to proc lots of poisons, hence the focus on auto attack increase. also lots of crit effects and crit increasers.

Working well thus far, but whos to say in the end.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Vabjekf View Post
    go ranger/assassin. Ranged can proc the assassin poisons, and with just 8 in assassin you get two poisons to use which both add a decent bit of damage, but more importantly, will increase your crit rate by 5% (and a second 5% base increase from assassin). So those 8 points in assassin have bought you 10% crit rate

Im currently aiming for a ranger/assassin/blade dancer build. its the shoot in my sig. The idea is to get a lot of attacks on target to proc lots of poisons, hence the focus on auto attack increase. also lots of crit effects and crit increasers.

Heres hoping they fix that poison issue, to me the tooltip sounds liek you coat both of your dual weild weapons rather than a melee weapon and a bow tbh. ranger/mm/assasain does almost unfair damage.

Soulwalker

Best solo ranged class is mm/ranger/sin drop the bard you will never need to heal anyhow.
    Pet holds good agro even at 0 point investment and mm/sin is best damage for ranged rogues. Played around with a ton of specs and untill lvl 50 realy there is no reason to be any other. At some point i would imagine mm/sin/bd will be the ranged rogue choice simply for the added dex and energy regen of bd but who knows till we get there i guess.

I'll go make up a good spec for ya and post it next.

Soulwalker

I was rocking the mm/ranger/night for the shadow step ability and and loved it to death. Until 50 it really doesn't matter what you spec. If you go MM/Rng you will sail to 50 np then can just goof off with w/e you want. *** added into the combo is the way to go. I felt bard was bad *** as well, but tbh with the MM i could rampage everyone and everything. Def the class to go, but we all need to keep complaining about our dmg, so that it gets higher and higher lol.

Quote Originally Posted by iconoclast View Post
    Best solo ranged class is mm/ranger/sin drop the bard you will never need to heal anyhow.
    Pet holds good agro even at 0 point investment and mm/sin is best damage for ranged rogues. Played around with a ton of specs and untill lvl 50 realy there is no reason to be any other. At some point i would imagine mm/sin/bd will be the ranged rogue choice simply for the added dex and energy regen of bd but who knows till we get there i guess.

I'll go make up a good spec for ya and post it next.
    You need 24 points in the Ranger tree if you want to keep using the pet pass lvl30.

MM/Ranger/Bard is a solid choice for solo'er, you get good damage AND good survivability.

Soulwalker

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0MfMN..0VMftcbqz0o

AND PUT POINTS WHERE EVER YOU LIKE DOESNT REALY MATTER, DO WHAT FEALS RIGHT FOR YOU.

Soulwalker

I was also trying to figure out which spec would be best for solo leveling, I liked the damage output from going deep mm with ranger/sin off souls. However you lose the capability of having your pets scale past level 30 so I was thinking something along these lines.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...0xoV0V.0VMcx0b

(any feedback on that would also be appreciated)

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Akizuki View Post
    You need 24 points in the Ranger tree if you want to keep using the pet pass lvl30.

MM/Ranger/Bard is a solid choice for solo'er, you get good damage AND good survivability.
    I was woundering when the base pet would no longer be usefull.

thanks for the info.
    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Zzyzx - It's not just a road in the desert

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Vabjekf View Post

Great info and a new way for me to look at the build.
    What I'm trying to do is stay true to playing a bard but add more damage into it.
    Do you think the 8 points in assassin to get the 2 poisons is better spent than 8 points into Marksman to get the high damage finisher?
    Last edited by Zzyzx; 02-09-2011 at 12:19 PM. Reason: my head goes faster than my fingers
    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Zzyzx - It's not just a road in the desert

Quote Originally Posted by Zzyzx View Post
    Great info and a new way for me to look at the build.
    What I'm trying to do is stay true to playing a bard but add more damage into it.
    Do you think the 8 points in assassin to get the 2 poisons is better spent than 8 points into Marksman to get the high damage finisher?
    Cadence can not proc the poisons so bard/assassin is a bad idea.

Honestly, i like bard, its my second role, and i consider it my primary non-solo profession. I would not try to build a 'damaging bard' though.

I run around with my ranger/assassin build, if i group or need to solo an elite i switch to my hardcore support bard build.

Since you can get the second role very early in the game, i dont really see a problem with having the two. It covers all situations nicley, and they both feel like an important part of my character.

Telaran

I'm really lookin forward to testing this build out: MM/BD/SABO

Dexterity increase by 30% was the main goal here. I'm not very familiar with the conversion rates, and how much impact the dexterity increase will have as opposed to strait crit increases from the other souls.

Soulwalker

Thanks for all the info and suggestions !

Something along these lines?
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...0o.VRsfuxkoz0z

My build will be MM/RNG/SS, but i haven't no idea how to put poibts.
    Or a completely ranged weapons one (with 8 points in SS, or a combo RNG/SS plus some (4?) points in MM.
    ATM (on betas) i was MM/RNG plus 4 points on SS (stealth is so unuseful for a ranger... but mostly ranged classes that i've played was hiddener... i'd ike to be a hidden ranger for pvp)

* SS is for Assassin, they filter "A S S". Ok, it's a bad word, but now, here, means Assassin.
    Last edited by uncletoma; 02-09-2011 at 03:24 PM.

+ Reply to Thread