+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NB/RS/Sin survivability

Shadowlander

Default NB/RS/Sin survivability

I've been trying a NB / RS character for a dozen levels or so. Single target damage output is great, but I'm pretty much dead if there's an add or just two MOBs. I use guarded steel regularly, but it doesn't save me.

Any tips on how to survive in those situations?

Rift Master

What level are you? Thats the big question hah.

That being said, for even con mobs, I can take out two with NB/Sin/RS without too much problem. 3 can give me troubles if I don't pop a heal pot. My tips:

Use your incapacitate while stealthed. This allows you to make a 3 mob pull 2 mobs, a 4 3 mobs, etc...Do lots of DPS asap. We have almost no self heals, so you are going to need to burst things down. When you get to rank 16, you can get Ebon Fury, which allows you to burst really nicely in clutch situations. At 18 you'll get twilight shelter, which is another great oh crap button. In dire situations, you can kite mobs using twilight forces snare and plane shift, and using your ranged attacks.

The basics though are try not to fight more then 3 mobs at once, and if you do have to fight 3, try to incapacitate one. Other then that, as you level up youll get better and better things to survive and do more dps.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Foofmonger View Post
    What level are you? Thats the big question hah.

That being said, for even con mobs, I can take out two with NB/Sin/RS without too much problem. 3 can give me troubles if I don't pop a heal pot. My tips:

Use your incapacitate while stealthed. This allows you to make a 3 mob pull 2 mobs, a 4 3 mobs, etc...Do lots of DPS asap. We have almost no self heals, so you are going to need to burst things down. When you get to rank 16, you can get Ebon Fury, which allows you to burst really nicely in clutch situations. At 18 you'll get twilight shelter, which is another great oh crap button. In dire situations, you can kite mobs using twilight forces snare and plane shift, and using your ranged attacks.

The basics though are try not to fight more then 3 mobs at once, and if you do have to fight 3, try to incapacitate one. Other then that, as you level up youll get better and better things to survive and do more dps.
    Thanks for the advice. I'm level 11 right now. I have incapacitate, which I will try to use. Should help when I know I'm facing two MOBs.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Averil View Post
    Thanks for the advice. I'm level 11 right now. I have incapacitate, which I will try to use. Should help when I know I'm facing two MOBs.
    Yep, and at that level stock up on the cheapo healing pots as well. They are worth the money and will save your butt.

+ Reply to Thread