+ Reply to Thread

Thread: cooldown - global cooldown

Rift Disciple

Question cooldown - global cooldown

for example:
    do the motifs of the bard and charges of the saboteur share the same cooldown?

is it possible to spam motifs and charges simultaneously ?

what about other soul combos ?

Rift Disciple

almost every skill triggers the global cooldown. Which on Rogues is 1 sec, all other callings are 1.5 sec.

There are a few that do not, and they all state that in their tooltip very clearly.

The GCD was the reason I didn't like the Warrior Calling and went Rogue Calling instead. I personally think instead of the GCD they should have maybe implemented reactionaries instead. I know with my Shaman, Justicar, Druid it has two reactionaries, one for dodge and the other when crit.

But as a Warrior there could have been ones for Parry and Block or even Chains. That would remove the need for GCD. Maybe the Warrior Calling does, but the time delay between skills made me find it just too slow to play.
    Current Rift Progression: 20man - GSB 5/5, RoS 5/5, HK 1/11. 10man - GP 4/4, DH 4/4, RotP 1/4.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Haskeer View Post
    The GCD was the reason I didn't like the Warrior Calling and went Rogue Calling instead. I personally think instead of the GCD they should have maybe implemented reactionaries instead. I know with my Shaman, Justicar, Druid it has two reactionaries, one for dodge and the other when crit.

But as a Warrior there could have been ones for Parry and Block or even Chains. That would remove the need for GCD. Maybe the Warrior Calling does, but the time delay between skills made me find it just too slow to play.
    Warriors do have many reactionaries off of block, parry and crits and even follow up attacks (which is what I think you were refferring to as chains). The GCD is there to stop players of macroing 10 instant cast spells to go off simultaneously. It's not the only way the Devs could have done that to be sure, but that is the route they chose so we just need to deal with it.

I also prefer the rogues over warriors because the 1 sec GCD seems to flow alot better in combat than the 1.5 sec GCD that warriors have. I find myself actually waiting on the GCD when playing my warrior, which is quite annoying, and makes the combat feel sluggish and boring. It feels much faster paced on the rogues.

+ Reply to Thread