+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sab/NB/BD Group/Raid PvE build

Shadowlander

Default Sab/NB/BD Group/Raid PvE build

I haven't gotten to test this yet. Hell, I haven't even gotten to test Saboteur out. I'm going to test it in the open beta, just wondering if anyone has tried a similar build or has any input to make this build a little better before I test it.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...R.V0x0h.E00Vzo

Edit: If anyone already checked, it didn't save the build. Updated and fixed.
    Last edited by Deathykins; 02-08-2011 at 07:18 PM.

Rift Disciple

Sabs don't get much benefit from Combat Expertise. Charges, Detonate and Annihilation Bomb cannot miss. Autoattack damage isn't much to write home about either (6% of my damage in all of beta 6, roughly equivalent to razorbeast), but my gut feeling is that Blade Finesse would be worth more.

Recommend you grab Flame Thrust. You will want a ranged finisher from a secondary soul.

I find Remote Clipping to be more valuable than Long Range Bombing. YMMV.

Barbed Trap doesn't have much utility once you get Booby Trap.

Shadowlander

Thank you for your input!

Replaced Long Range Bombing with Remote Clipping.
    Grabbed Flame Thrust
    As for Combat Expertise, I know it isn't much help. I got it mostly to have enough points into Bladedancer to get Blade Tempo to use with my Detonate, or bomb spam after Carpet Bomb. Do you think it is worth putting points into it for that, or would they be better spent on something else?

Plane Touched

I saw Sab and PvE in the same sentence and all I thought was "wut".

I've seen maybe a couple of bosses where Sab would be useful just because of all the minions that spawn. I wouldn't make a whole role just for it though.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Haiz View Post

I've seen maybe a couple of bosses where Sab would be useful just because of all the minions that spawn. I wouldn't make a whole role just for it though.
    Well, thats disappointing if they really aren't very helpful in groups/raids. Are there any DPS builds for Rogue that are, other than Ranger/MM?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Deathykins View Post
    As for Combat Expertise, I know it isn't much help. I got it mostly to have enough points into Bladedancer to get Blade Tempo to use with my Detonate, or bomb spam after Carpet Bomb. Do you think it is worth putting points into it for that, or would they be better spent on something else?
    I don't know yet. I haven't made a decision on my third soul. From my experience at 35, I'm leaning toward Riftstalker and some defensive skills, but I hope experience and gear makes that less necessary in the long run. I can see the arguments for almost any soul, Blade Dancer is as good anything else right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Haiz View Post
    I normally play stealthy backstab type characters, never was much for range dps, but I really enjoy the Saboteur. If the nerf stick hits our PvE really badly, I may have to switch to Assassin... I'm not going to play Marksman. You can't make me.

Plane Touched

I'll admit that I'm pretty much a pvp player through and through so I'll try to tread lightly. I haven't been able to get a good read on how aggro works with this game so far, but the big burst damage hasn't drawn mobs off of tanks or my pet yet in rifts or in pve in general. The one thing about sabs in pve though is they can kite like no other, so if that comes into play in raids it might help. Like I said I'm not big on the pve so what I spouted might just be completely useless lol. Solo though even if you 0 point them they are great for the AOE snare.
    Last edited by darklcd; 02-08-2011 at 11:48 PM.

+ Reply to Thread