+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nightblade PVE build

Default Nightblade PVE build

Have been doing some math and calculations. Ive been trying to find the best build for single target (Melee) damage for raids. This is what I have so far. I would very much appreciate constructive feed back.

Night Blade build here.

Assassin Build here.

I did not put BladeDancer because the build is littered with defensive abilities, wich do not upfront help with damage.

Now fair warning, both builds are up to criticizim because there may be things that are needed, and things that are not. Just respond in a respectable manner so that the entirety of the rift community does not think of you has a air head.

I will state again, constructive feed back is all that is needed here.
    Last edited by Clias; 02-08-2011 at 06:42 PM.
    <a href=http://forums.riftgame.com/showthread.php?23499-Now-Forming-Elysium-A-Defiant-PvE-Raiding-Guild-US target=_blank>http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...iding-Guild-US</a>

This may be a slight necro, but +hit chance is always a boost to dps.

Taking 5 points in Bladedancer for 5% +hit will open up a LOT of options for gearing.

Soulwalker

I would think dropping rift stalker in the nightblade set up and replacing it with assassin would get you more damage. Like this http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...ancer (15)</a>

Like the Assassin build.

Ty.
    I live and breathe to show you just how ridiculous/stupid/or ill-thought your inquiry was.
    And also to show you this new invention called a search engine.

What, no Serpent Strike?

Plane Walker

sin/nightblade/bladedancer is what I have with night as my main soul, fantastic damage but I take lots of damage. In scarwood reach atm and 1 mob puts me a half health. I hate to say it but they made this game where only certain soul combos can solo this game obviously reguardless of class and thats a huge turnoff to me...

Quote Originally Posted by RedneckJedi View Post
    sin/nightblade/bladedancer is what I have with night as my main soul, fantastic damage but I take lots of damage. In scarwood reach atm and 1 mob puts me a half health. I hate to say it but they made this game where only certain soul combos can solo this game obviously reguardless of class and thats a huge turnoff to me...
    You get four soul slots, and the first three are cheap. The fourth is too, to be honest, but not at very low levels. You can't expect a minmaxed dps spec built with the intention of having someone else tanking for you and someone covering heals to be an ideal solo spec. Max DPS builds cut out as much un-necessary defensives as possible, keeping only what's needed to not get one-shotted by aoes or mob scripts. They're not intended for soloing.

That's not to say you can't get good damage out of a solo build. I've got an Assassin/BD solo spec for farming that's got solid single target and AoE, on top of pretty nice survivability, and phenomenal stealth. It's not the build I would take into a dungeon where I'm expected to DPS, under most circumstances.

So embrace the multi-classing ability you have in this game. Pack a ranged dps spec, a single target dps spec, a solo spec, a bard spec, an aoe spec...whatever you want. Be flexible. Heck, respec costs are low enough that if you keep a few written down or get to know the trees well you can pop specs in and out as needed for different dungeons and group setups.

And no, I didn't actually read the OP's specs. >.< I'm a bad girl. It just gets on my bits when people start whinging about not every spec being soloable.
    Roxina - 50 Kelari Mage - Wolfsbane

Plane Touched

the urge to say "i've got something to get on those bits" is sooo high.bloody hell when will weoman learn to not say thing that so easily lend to the pervy underbelly of gamer.

=\ i had something constructive to say i did, but now i have boobs stuck in my head.
    Just because its broke for blizzard doent mean its going to be broken on Rift.
    If you write off everything jerks can use to be jerks; you might as well just go play Olympic Wall Starring

Quote Originally Posted by RedneckJedi View Post
    I've had no problems in Scarwood soloing mobs. What's your spec? I'm using something similar to:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...fkobodbR.VG0hz

Stealth, expose weakness, jagged strike, puncture, impale, spam a few savage strikes and the mob is dead and I'm back up to 100% health.

Rift Disciple

wat tpye of rotation u use for ur nightblade?

If you want a single target spec for dungeon bosses, I have been running this:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...0bM.ihx0hsgMoM

Use virulent and lethal poison.
    Open with jagged strike.

rotation is jagged strike, puncture, fiery spike, impalement, fiery spike, dusk strike, back stab, fiery spike, baneful touch.

After this, use puncture and duskstrike on cooldown, refresh the fiery spike stack as needed, use scourge of darkness pretty much on cooldown.

Backstab and blazing strike are your fillers. Backstab when puncture/dusk strike are on cd and fiery spike doesnt need a refresh. Blazing strike when scourge of darkness is on cooldown, or if impalement and baneful touch dont need a refresh.

Ebon fury and poison malice get used right after the first baneful touch goes up.

Should prove to be higher boss dps than full assassin or full nb
    Aprilswift <Maximation>
    Prestige Rank 8

+ Reply to Thread