+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Can melee rogues kill clerics?

Telaran

Default Can melee rogues kill clerics?

Can a melee build rogue like asassin rft and bd kill clerics or are they extremely hard to kill? Please let me know. I am really considering playing a rogue with stealth and want to know if the cleric class will be their bane. This is 1-1 in world pvp of course. Thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by Artaniss View Post
    Can a melee build rogue like asassin rft and bd kill clerics or are they extremely hard to kill? Please let me know. I am really considering playing a rogue with stealth and want to know if the cleric class will be their bane. This is 1-1 in world pvp of course. Thanks...
    No, it cant. If the cleric is good. If he's not, then its pretty easy. And i assume you talk about healer clerics
    Asus M4A77T, Phenom X2 555BE @ X4 & 3.5GHz, Asus 5770 CuCore , A-Data 4gb 1600MHz CL9, BenQ G2220HD

Vynt 35 rogue - Tranquility - Blightweald EU
    PvP: Blade Dancer 12 / Assassin 28 / Riftstalker 4
    PvE: Assassin 8 / Blade Dancer 33 / Saboteur 5

Shadowlander

No, not really they can't. Good cleric or bad cleric, still probably not. They have to be outright terrible for you to have a chance and that is assuming even level. I learned not to target clerics in PVP. You open up with a pounding and take them down to 25%, but then you lose them.

Lack of a decent heal debuff makes it nearly impossible to kill a smart healing cleric. They might however add a heal debuff to a melee rogue soul other than the nightblade 32pt poison. If they don't I'd look at nightblade very seriously as at least a 32pt soul.
    Last edited by Odaman; 02-08-2011 at 12:11 PM.

Rift Master

Yes, you can. Pretty much as any Rogue. Heres the key, put 15 points in Infiltrator. Yes, its that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Foofmonger View Post
    Yes, you can. Pretty much as any Rogue. Heres the key, put 15 points in Infiltrator. Yes, its that simple.
    Unfortunately that isn't available until 50.

Either way, I think it will be pretty balanced once people reach higher levels. I see a lot of anti-healer skills later in the soul trees.
    Mo - Ashstone - Kelari Rogue - <Ascendant>
    Anyone feel free to PM/Friend me.
    Join me with ascend-a-friend, if you play on Ashstone I'll buy you a mount and some bags:
    http://www.riftgame.com/en/products/...=ascend_invite

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    Unfortunately that isn't available until 50.

Either way, I think it will be pretty balanced once people reach higher levels. I see a lot of anti-healer skills later in the soul trees.
    What do you mean it's not available until 50? I was playing around with it in Beta 6 on my rogue. It's just a matter of going to one of the PvP vendors, and using PvP "points" if you will (I think it's called favor) to buy the soul. Nothing fancy. If I remember correctly, it cost about 2500 favor. As I PvP'd a LOT, I had more than double that once I figured out how to get the soul. *edit* and my rogue is/was only level 23 at the end of Beta 6, and I got it awhile before that.

That being said, being main spec bard I didn't really use it. But, I can already see some great potential for certain builds.
    Last edited by Ryalt; 02-08-2011 at 12:31 PM.

each tier in the pvp tree requires a pvp rank what you can only get once 50
    Neurosis - Assassin - Giving Guardians Free Favor Since Beta

Quote Originally Posted by serenics View Post
    each tier in the pvp tree requires a pvp rank what you can only get once 50
    This is what I meant.
    Mo - Ashstone - Kelari Rogue - <Ascendant>
    Anyone feel free to PM/Friend me.
    Join me with ascend-a-friend, if you play on Ashstone I'll buy you a mount and some bags:
    http://www.riftgame.com/en/products/...=ascend_invite

Quote Originally Posted by Ryalt View Post
    What do you mean it's not available until 50? I was playing around with it in Beta 6 on my rogue. It's just a matter of going to one of the PvP vendors, and using PvP "points" if you will (I think it's called favor) to buy the soul. Nothing fancy. If I remember correctly, it cost about 2500 favor. As I PvP'd a LOT, I had more than double that once I figured out how to get the soul. *edit* and my rogue is/was only level 23 at the end of Beta 6, and I got it awhile before that.

That being said, being main spec bard I didn't really use it. But, I can already see some great potential for certain builds.
    I bought the PvP soul for my warrior at like lvl 12, I have around 13000 favor but it would not allow me to put 15 points into the pvp soul tree.
    Last edited by Murderer; 02-08-2011 at 12:34 PM.
    Murderer-50 warrior
    Nerf- 50 Cleric

Telaran

It's very hard for any class to kill a cleric 1 on 1 if you don't do it right. Clerics by nature can out heal the damage output of anyone player, if they couldn't then they wouldn't be able to keep anyone alive.

To Kill A Cleric:
    Option 1 - Gang Bang..more dmg out put then the cleric can heal
    Option 2 - Interupts, Stun, Debuff Healing
    Option 3 - Sabo's cream and butter, spike damage, load the cleric up with charges keep dumping the damage till you see the cleric at about 25% health and before they can get off the heal detonate your bombs spike damage = dead cleric

I've been jumped a few times on my cleric in open world PvP on a PvE server (yay for auto flagging...I don't mind though I like a little pvp here and there so I keep my auto flagged turned on). I have lived every time. Twice I just out healed the damage and doted the rogue to death the Inquis insta cast dots....Slow and painful for the Rogue muhahahahaha. And one time I think the Rogue was smoking crack...we were fighting a major event in Gloamwood and I got flagged, while running to another Rift the rogue jumped out and tried to gank me, about 20 Guardians following behind me just steamrolled that Defiant Rogue for his innsolence...all I could do was laugh hehe.

Long story short, if you're going to take on a cleric you better bring some skill to the table...just spamming your attacks is not going to do it. Gang Bang, Interrupts, Debuff Healing, timed spike damage etc can take down a cleric, spamming keys = fail..unless the cleric is a fail cleric

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Artaniss View Post
    Hi
    With Nightblade you can, i win 90% of duels with clerics
    try this http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1Mbpi..VG.qctRMogkos
    cya
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Dusk View Post
    FACT: If nobody attacks a Saboteur...they can kill you.
    FACT: If you dont kill a Rogue in PvP HE CAN KILL YOU! Its unfair....

Cleric and pretty much stand there, absorb everything a melee rogue throws at him and heal through it. Heck, even on my Sab Clerics heal back a good chunk of the burst.
    Last edited by alucardr; 02-08-2011 at 01:09 PM.
    Understanding the Sab
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...b-is-wild-card

50 Assassin/Riftstalker/Infiltrator
    Prestige 3

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Nykkitha View Post
    Hi
    With Nightblade you can, i win 90% of duels with clerics
    try this http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1Mbpi..VG.qctRMogkos
    cya
    I can see this being a good build for dealing with clerics...nice post. Even though I'm a cleric and I'm not sure I like you sharing this hehe. J/K ... I love a challenge!!

1 - Fell Blades - it's only a chance to proc so cross your fingers...but 50% reduc in healing...like I said in my reply...you've got to have the debuffs

2 - Dark Containment - It's on a 30 sec cool down so you need to make sure you time it at the right time, but once you've got the cleric on the ropes and you see them going for a long cast time heal (i.e. a big) bam!! interrupt it and dump all the big stuff you've got left

I don't think it's a guaranteed cleric killer but it's got the right stuff to give a cleric some trouble

Some rogues get healing % decrease skills at higher levels which may be huge against a cleric's heal. Have to wait and see.

You could always just play a Bard against a cleric and then nobody could kill each other

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast