+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Do Bard motifs and anthems stack?

Ascendant

Default Do Bard motifs and anthems stack?

Let's say there is two bards in the group, do the abilities stack?

They do not stack, or that wold be WAY over powered.
    Therylin - R5 Healer
    Thericia- R4 Rogue

If you have 2 bards, each could run a different Anthem and Fanfare and you could have 2 fanfares/anthems on you, but motifs won't stack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinadass
    People on the internet are jerks, deal with it.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by winterfall View Post
    Let's say there is two bards in the group, do the abilities stack?
    Quick and simple answer.. No.

Long version, No Buffs stack no matter which class or spec you are. Bards have Strength, Dex, Endurance, Armor, Intelligence, Wisdom, Magical Resist, and Movement Speed Buffs. And all the while these are excellent to have, They do not stack with any Warrior's Endurance, Strength, Dex, or Armor buffs. Nor do they stack with any Clerics' Endurance Buffs, or any of the Debuffs or buffs that a Mage would give as well. I'm sure this will need tweaking some or worked on to say the least.
    Last edited by Palerider; 02-08-2011 at 12:18 PM.

Rift Disciple

I would like to see Motifs limited to 3, and then subsequently buffed.

It's going to be hard to justify more than 1 Bard in a single raid.

Default /facepalm

Quote Originally Posted by Marduke View Post

Raid is 20 players. Coda of Restoration affect 10 players.
    Multiple bard debuff codas on more targets faster.
    Multiple Anthems from multiple bards.
    Multiple pulses of Coda of Restoration.
    Multiple CC back up for multiple areas.

And you find it hard to justify more than 1 bard?
    Seriously dawg...

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Palerider View Post

Long version, No Buffs stack no matter which class or spec you are. Bards have Strength, Dex, Endurance, Armor, Intelligence, Wisdom, Magical Resist, and Movement Speed Buffs. And all the while these are excellent to have, They do not stack with any Warrior's Endurance, Strength, Dex, or Armor buffs. Nor do they stack with any Clerics' Endurance Buffs, or any of the Debuffs or buffs that a Mage would give as well. I'm sure this will need tweaking some or worked on to say the least.
    So why have a bard if all other classes have these buffs??

Telaran

I think in a 20 man raid need at least 3, but better 4 bards and you can run the raid with all anthems and fanfares due to 1 bard can do 4 anthems and 3 fanfares but 1 per rogue.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by AvdielZion View Post
    Because Bards have all of them while other souls only have 1? Because not every rogue in a 5 man wants to have to run as a Bard because of the buffs?

While rogue is likely to be the most played calling, not everyone is going to want to be pigeon-holed into having a bard spec because it is "best for the group" so spreading the buffs liberally allows more people to play as they wish. On that note, I wouldn't be surprised to see Resonance take a hit from the nerf-bat either.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Palerider View Post

Really? I realized that Bard on Bard (hawt) buffs wouldn't stack, but I didn't realize there was no cross-class stacking either.

I mean I suppose I understand why this is... but...

Also I'm going to be a mage Archon. There will be so few of me.
    Last edited by Wenry; 02-08-2011 at 04:59 PM.

Soulwalker

This is pure speculation, but it seems like Bard would make a great pairing for the Riftstalker tank, so if you had a dedicated bard using anthem of competance and fanfare of knowledge, the riftstalker could get enough points in bard to pick up anthem of glory and fanfare of power, and another rogue could just take the bard class for fanfare of vigor, and that's pretty much all the fanfares and anthems covered, although I definately agree, it seems that taking more then one dedicated bard is going to be situational at best.

Can you speculate on what you mean by limited to 3? Are you referring to having only 3 motifs up at a time?? If so then that would make it harder on groups as well, because you can't balance a group by having a bard only doing 3 motifs while in a raid setting it's set to 3 so you can allow another bard into it.

Keep in mind, whatever you do for a group would also apply to Raids. It can not be balanced out this way since most Dungeons and Raids are ran off the same server engine. However, limiting that inside a guild allows for this to happen. You don't have to do something like that if the Bard is fully capable of doing it all by themselves. But it would help the bard out if another bard came in just to lend a hand. Then they can decide who's doing what? Just like in other games where you have more than 2 healers; MT, OT, and raids. Well someone has to cover someone. so might as well assign healers as you would assign a bard in this scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by AvdielZion View Post
    The Bard unlike other classes get other talents that increase the effectiveness of all the other buffs, heals and debuffs. In addition to just being simply awesome!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by variand View Post
    I think in a 20 man raid need at least 3, but better 4 bards and you can run the raid with all anthems and fanfares due to 1 bard can do 4 anthems and 3 fanfares but 1 per rogue.
    No way would a raid have 4 bards.. That's just over doing it lol 2 would be plenty and maybe a 3rd just for good measure. But that's it. You can't have bards only limiting their abilities to only 1 Anthem 1 Fanfare then only 2 motifs. The way you're talking, then that's the way it would be. I've been raiding for a long time on some of these MMO's, Are you going to take more than 3 DK's 3 Priests, 3 Pally's and 3 of well just any class of anything into any raid in WoW? Dare I say the name?

But No sir you won't be taking more than 3 of any class into a Raid for anything. Because you need balance in a Raid just as much as you need balance in a group. So in this game I wouldn't even consider taking more than 3 major support roles such as the Bard into a Raid. Just as I wouldn't take more than 2-3 Chloromancers. or 2 Druids or 2 Sentinels. Whatever your main tree spec is that's what you're going to be performing as. Also in a 20 man setting I wouldn't see us having more than 3 Tanks. Maybe a 4th here just to catch some into the Raid group. But they would be off tanks roles. Not Main Tanks.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezer View Post
    Raid is 20 players. Coda of Restoration affect 10 players.
    Multiple bard debuff codas on more targets faster.
    Multiple Anthems from multiple bards.
    Multiple pulses of Coda of Restoration.
    Multiple CC back up for multiple areas.

And you find it hard to justify more than 1 bard?
    Seriously dawg...
    Cheezer already gave some good reasons to bring more than 1...

But I'd like to ask,
    Would it really be all that bad if you only 'needed' 1 bard?
    There are 32 PvE souls and 20 slots in your raid. Why do we want the Devs to implement mechanics to force us to bring more than 1 player with the same soul? Seems counter-productive to me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast