+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Finishers - weird damage / combo point distribution

Soulwalker

Default Finishers - weird damage / combo point distribution

Apparently Trion considers using a finisher with 4 combo point is a deadly sin, which you need to be punished for. Using it at 1,2,3 or 5 points is perfectly reasonable though. Or am I missing something???

Reading explenation: Using for example banefull touch at 1 combo point does 34 damage, using it at 2 combo points adds 23 damage, using it at 3 combo points adds another 23 damage, using the finisher at 4 combo points add only 12 points of damage, while the 5th point again adds 23 damage.

Is this intended? I really dont understand why this is the case, shouldn't you get rewarded for investing more points in a finisher? (meaning the latter points should add most damage)

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/4109/finishers.jpg

Soulwalker

Hmm 50+ views and no replies - shameless bump.

Noone find this interesting? AFAIK this applies to ALL finishers for ALL rogue souls...

Soulwalker

how does this interact with the "Damage bonus from Attack Power is increased with more Combo Points" part?

Soulwalker

This is really interesting. Bump-age and Bookmarked so I remember to test for myself next week.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by whocares View Post
    how does this interact with the "Damage bonus from Attack Power is increased with more Combo Points" part?
    Well, it differs as far as I've seen. But my conclusion is clear, all finishers that does damage follows this pattern.
    Buffs from finishers that adds a fixed bonus for x seconds is linier (6/12 seconds per point), finishers that heal (Coda of restoration) is also linier. Rift guard is increasing bonus for later points though (goes 5%, 10%, 15%, 25%, 40%) which is the way it should be IMO.

One thing I have not been able to consider (due to insufficient data) is this sentence "Energy Cost is reduced with more Combo Points." - this could make up for it, IF the energy discount is doubled for the 4th combo point. But I have no way to verify this as of now.

Interesting findings. I am looking through other soul's finishers and they seem to be the same. I am wondering if the Devs saw a scaling problem. They may want to discourage the use of (2) 2point builders back to back (although I cannot think of any that do not have a cool down or a DoT component) and then a finisher.
    Last edited by STICF; 02-09-2011 at 09:19 AM.

Telaran

Could be they want to punish people who aren't paying attention an use the finisher too early?

+ Reply to Thread