+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bards, anyone make it into their 30s?

Default Bards, anyone make it into their 30s?

I only made it to 12 in the most recent beta, but I enjoyed the hell out of it and looking forward to some more bard action. At 12, I felt like I contributed a lot to the Warfront and I'm curious how things are for us at later levels in the game. Should I expect to perform AS well later on?

Also, is it possible for us to be a primary healer for dungeoning and what not?
    SPARTALALALAAALALAALALAAA

Soulwalker

This was my first beta, I got to 23 with my bard. I don't for the moment have enough healing capacity to do anything other than off heal. My damage, is a bit subpar but not overwhelming so. I think the best Idea for the Bard is to be come the bard/tank idea. Heal agro/ riftstalker agro. I think it could be a great AoE tank. but I still have to test it out a bit.

Soulwalker

I didn't get to the 30s but made it 27 playing a bard the whole way. I gotta say I love it. We just get more buffs and utility as we level. We are great support healers but I wouldn't recommend solo healing. We just don't have the burst heal for it. Awesome class though. I enjoy it in every area of the game. We shine in pvp, as well as solo and group pve. I will def play a bard at launch

Oh yeah, bards are extremely fun. I'm pretty much always bard spec, and I have a blast.
    We're never going to be really the main healer on dungeons, but during one of our runs in KB our healer died and I managed to keep the party alive during the boss fight.
    One thing that annoys me a bit is that people don't seem to know Bards can chain mezz, so my mezzes on dungeons are ALWAYS broken, even if the mob is still pretty far from the group.
    In PvP, it's probably even more fun since there's nothing that can kill you 1v1 or even 2v1 depending on the classes attacking.
    I have 4 Roles. 1st is a Solo/PvE leveling role, 2nd is for PvE/ranged DPS dungeons, 3rd is my Bard for PvE/PvP purposes and 4th is Ranged/PvP role.
    My best warfront while on my bard:
    http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/989...healsb6.th.jpg
    My PvP favor, 90% gained while bard spec:
    http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/1...favorb6.th.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinadass
    People on the internet are jerks, deal with it.

Shadowlander

I didn't make it to my 30s but I ran Iron Tombs as a 24 Bard heavily specced as support/healer and the tank was definitely having issues. Due to our lack of single target healing, I find it hard to keep up anything being focused down. Course, maybe the tank I had sucked or the chloromancer I was supporting didn't know how to play his class.

Personally, I find myself really liking the bard in that he really pulls off the "jack of all trades" well in Rift. We do a little healing... a little DPS... all while busting out some sweet jams.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by syndin View Post
    I didn't get to the 30s but made it 27 playing a bard the whole way. I gotta say I love it. We just get more buffs and utility as we level. We are great support healers but I wouldn't recommend solo healing. We just don't have the burst heal for it. Awesome class though. I enjoy it in every area of the game. We shine in pvp, as well as solo and group pve. I will def play a bard at launch
    Yes, shine is a good word... like a million candle-power beacon in pvp... I found when i played warfronts, within moments of firing off my first song I gained focus fire and only rarely was able to successfully flee the scene. Perhaps it was just one or a few well organized groups that recognized and/or had some kind of hate agenda vs bards... I dunno. It did make me feel good (though frustrated at times) that apparently someone else thought of a bard as a truly high-value target... we must be doing 'something' right!

Level 24 bard btw...
    Last edited by Zildjan; 02-08-2011 at 10:49 AM.

I ran Foul Cascades on my rogue(35th level)and used a Bard/MM/Assassin build and I fared quite well of course we get INSANE aggro when we use Group Heals/Regen(Motif of Regeneration/Motif of Focus)but as a Support role I was rocking and able to do damn good damage from Range.Unfortunetly until they either give us a Threat Reduction talent or increase the AoE Threat a Warrior does its pretty much running an instance with a big'ol target on your head.

I had to switch out because the other Rogue in the group was doing crappy dps and it was easier for him to go Bard and me to use my All Out Death DPS build.(Bladedancer/Nightblade/Assassin)It also didnt help that the Ranger in our group kept her Razorbeast out the whole time and was pulling with AoE Shots..grrrr..eventually we told her she either ditchs the Pig and stops pulling or she can leave.She didnt realize that the Pig generated so much Threat and that AoE Shots broke CC new to MMOs I guess but once we explained it and she switched specs we did great.

:Vysceral-High Elf Rogue:
    :Ammwyn(Amwynn)-Mathosian Warrior:

Quote Originally Posted by Zildjan View Post
    Yes, shine is a good word... like a million candle-power beacon in pvp... I found when i played warfronts, within moments of firing off my first song I gained focus fire and only rarely was able to successfully flee the scene. Perhaps it was just one or a few well organized groups that recognized and/or had some kind of hate agenda vs bards... I dunno. It did make me feel good (though frustrated at times) that apparently someone else thought of a bard as a truly high-value target... we must be doing 'something' right!

Level 24 bard btw...
    Not sure if this will help you as I was just 12, but often, what I'd do is sit back during that initial surge where two forces meet... and then target the nearest enemy/pet... and then cadence away. Talented that was popping up all sorts of heal #s and seemed to help me at least.

I made it to 30 in Beta 5 but didn't get up to 35 this go around (work and Super Bowl kind of took precedence) but I've done nothing but play Bard as my main soul. In PvP I find that I only get focused and die a lot in the Territories Warfront (don't recall name at the moment) but in Black Garden I think I've died maybe 5-6 times in the probably 20 matches I've played. But, like most classes, once you get focused you're going to die.
    Author of Support Bard Guide and Officer of Nuln Highway Boys

Only made it to 22 or so but there were several Warfronts where I was #3 in Healing Done and one other where I had the most Kills and was fairly high on damage done.

Bards are very helpful, imo. Not only that but they are very fun. I mean come on they get their own travel tunes! Who needs an iPod when you have a bard! I recently got Power Chord and I'm loving it with Cadence. Probably my favorite way to build up my Combo points, and the fact that my Cadence heals up to 10 part members for 100% of the damage it deals that's some nice off-heals. It will in no way keep the tanks alive but it's useful to add on top of main heals.

Reading through the talent tree I expect things to stay just as exciting and for us to be as useful for quite some time.

Rift Disciple

Jack of all trades, master of none!

I wouldn't ever expect to tank a dungeon. Or top the DPS charts. Or be primary healer for a dungeon.

But you can perform all these roles to a degree, and most importantly, help augment everyone to do their role better.

Quote Originally Posted by Marduke View Post
    Jack of all trades, master of none!

I wouldn't ever expect to tank a dungeon. Or top the DPS charts. Or be primary healer for a dungeon.

But you can perform all these roles to a degree, and most importantly, help augment everyone to do their role better.
    Well Said. here-here!! (cheers and tips hat)

Thanks for the replies guys. Yeah, I'm going to go full support *i think* for pve. And i'm going to build as close a thing to a DAOC Minstrel as I can for PvP :-D It stinks.... I spent years in DAOC and as it was winding down I found my true calling as a Minstrel. Most fun i've had as a class in any MMO. And playing the most recent Rift beta revived some of those feelings.

Got my bard to 35, anything I can help answer for ya bud?

Got my bard to 35, anything I can help answer for ya bud?

Being a main healer of a group? No, but very good at helping make things easier on the primary healer with the proper abilities in the tree. Reason is because we wont recieve any single target heals. Their all group based. In the 2nd to last tier of abilities at the top, you recieve an ability that grants your group member a 10% stat boost ontop of your 19823 buffs that you provide for the group so in the long run, bards will more then likely be a "required" class to have in a group or atleast some of their buffs because they help tremendously. Reminds me of Everquest 1 days Bard's were the sh...
    Last edited by Bart151; 02-08-2011 at 03:59 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast