+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sin in PvE

Soulwalker

Default Sin in PvE

As I was playing Beta 6 I had one thing that totally distracted me from playing the game.

I've not seen it discussed in a post yet so I thought I'd bring it up.

As I ran around an area looking for a particular spawn, I'd charge it while in stealth, hit evasive, then SAP the mob, debuff it and position myself to assassinate the mob only to have some archer or caster hit the mob and take control of it .

Does not seem right that I hit a mob twice and as I move to hit it a third time, I lose the mob to someone else's first attack.

I eventually in areas where competition for mobs were high just attack straight up. This usually worked.. I normally ended the fight with less life then when I stalked in and was generally not as enjoyable.

I would suggest allowing actual contact with the mob (SAP or debuffing) count as claiming the mob.

Telaran

Those powers do not generate AGGRO from the mob (which is a good thing), and their hit does. Thus, it is part of the game mechanic. Yes, it sucks in high competition areas (I had the issue from 8-16) and you have to used ranged attacks and be less effective just to ensure the mob kill, but that problem slowly becomes less of an issue as you proceed to higher levels.

Telaran

That could still make a programming change to fix this. Give credit to the assasin if he made the first move on the mob even if someone aggros it. There no reason the determining factor for credit is aggro and not skill first used on mob.

+ Reply to Thread