+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Time Bomb

Shadowlander

Default Time Bomb

Time bomb seems to be very lacking. The time to set one up could have been used for an actual shrapnel charge for faster and potentially stronger damage. Time bomb also doesn't benefit from long range bombing as much as other bombs, because giving it a 3 seconds cooldown would simply override it. It might be useful in AoE situations, but shrapnel shard is probably up there in damage with the +50%.

Rift Master

Sabs really dont need more power

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by cyberdine View Post
    Sabs really dont need more power
    ...I really don't want to get into that discussion, but if you start reasoning that a skill should be literally worthless simply because your (highly limited, I might add) experiences have shown that an entire soul is "overpowered", then you have no affair in this beta.

Here's a rhetorical question: What "if" saboteurs did end up getting nerfed - then would it be legitimate to keep this ability as bad as it currently is? Of course not.

What "if" saboteurs ended up not getting nerfed - then would it be legitimate to keep this ability as bad as it currently is? Once again, of course not, since it isn't being used in the first place. If anything, using this gives you another global cooldown to seek cover. You probably don't understand that concept yet, though.

I practically only use it for pulling. First stack 5 charges, then send my pet in and put up a Time Bomb. I NEVER use it during fights, the damage is just too low and most mobs are dead before the thing explodes anyway (8 seconds...).

Increasing the cooldown on Time Bomb and not having it effect GCD could be an idea.

Telaran

Im pretty sure time bomb is really only meant for pvp to help in increasing spike damage. I agree there doesn't seem to be much use in pve.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Occam View Post
    Im pretty sure time bomb is really only meant for pvp to help in increasing spike damage. I agree there doesn't seem to be much use in pve.
    this. in pvp it just adds to the burst. In instances its good if you can anticipate adds i used it to great effectiveness vs the spider boss in DD.its fine how it is.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Oxygen View Post
    Time bomb seems to be very lacking. The time to set one up could have been used for an actual shrapnel charge for faster and potentially stronger damage. Time bomb also doesn't benefit from long range bombing as much as other bombs, because giving it a 3 seconds cooldown would simply override it. It might be useful in AoE situations, but shrapnel shard is probably up there in damage with the +50%.
    Apples and different brand of apples... : )

Time Bomb, like many of the Saboteur's functionality, is based on burst... Since it's a fire and forget ability, that gives you 8s to load up charges, and get ready to throw out annihilation bomb, and the other one, along with a 5/6 charge Shrapnel Detonation, makes for a lot of damage all at 'once'...

I won't even mention why that's handy in PvP, but for solo'n groups, it rocks... For passing your threat with Incriminate to a tank for AOE pulls, it's godly...

So on one hand, if you compare it to other abilities (like the AOE bomb, that I can't remember the name of, which does almost exactly the same damage), it seems crappy... But not every ability has to be balanced individually... As Saboteurs, we get a LOT of versatility, and as mentioned, this really adds to a group.

-Skane

Shadowlander

Don't get me wrong, it's not awful. It just feels underwhelming compared to the other bombs. It also doesn't work with carpet bombing.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by jaym7018 View Post
    this. in pvp it just adds to the burst. In instances its good if you can anticipate adds i used it to great effectiveness vs the spider boss in DD.its fine how it is.
    Adding Time bomb is 90% of the time a waste of a GC, even in a duel.

Jaym has no clue once more.

The only time I ever really used it was when I knew that I was about to get killed in PvP, and I just threw it on there hoping for a last minute HA moment a little while later.

But really, other bombs seem to be much more useful.

Shadowlander

It's really bad.
    Agree with me. If you don't, chaos will ensue, and many will suffer as a result. You wouldn't want to be known as a person who creates suffering, do you?

Throw it on someone right before you die in PvP.
    9 times out of 10, the person will run right back into the pack of their teammates. So it's like a free AoE hit while you're rezzing.

I've had it finish a person off after I died, too.
    Last edited by Faolon; 02-09-2011 at 01:00 PM.

Time bomb is amazing for ambushes in rare pvp.. Allow me to paint you a story...

A Guardian player is walking through the woods minding his own business... Little did he know a Sab was in the shadows stalking him... The Guardian player than notices a lovely little deer in a near by clearing, unknowing to him that poor deer had been time bombed! He gently petted the creature as it went BOOM!! Dealing like 100 damage to the player... Suddenly it hit him as he saw the scary Sab barreling down on him, he begins to have flash backs of Vietnam and sits in a fetal position as hes charged to death...
    LunaticWoda
    Deepstrike Server
    eXotic Occult
    www.exoticoccult.com

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticWoda View Post
    Time bomb is amazing for ambushes in rare pvp.. Allow me to paint you a story...

A Guardian player is walking through the woods minding his own business... Little did he know a Sab was in the shadows stalking him... The Guardian player than notices a lovely little deer in a near by clearing, unknowing to him that poor deer had been time bombed! He gently petted the creature as it went BOOM!! Dealing like 100 damage to the player... Suddenly it hit him as he saw the scary Sab barreling down on him, he begins to have flash backs of Vietnam and sits in a fetal position as hes charged to death...
    Or shatter charge the deer for 800 damage
    Agree with me. If you don't, chaos will ensue, and many will suffer as a result. You wouldn't want to be known as a person who creates suffering, do you?

Rift Chaser

When I had it, i'd pull with timebomb -> 5 charges -> frag grenade -> detonate. Time bomb works with silent setup and usually goes off soon as you hit detonate.
    Last edited by airflow; 02-09-2011 at 07:06 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast