+ Reply to Thread

Thread: riftstalker and ?

Soulwalker

Default riftstalker and ?

Hi all. Was wondering if someone can help me out with builds I am looking at.

I'm positive that I am going to roll a RS as I like the defensive capabilities. However, I don't want to be a pure tank. I am looking for a good pvp build that means I am hard to take down and also cause quite a bit of damage.

Therefore I'm looking at allocating 27-30 points into RS. But I don't know enough about the other classes which will help give me enough damage as possible. I am not interested in ranger or MM so it leaves me with Sin/NB/BD. Can ppl help with more information on these classes or ideas on builds. I know Sin has poison but it's quite far thru the tree and i may be wasting points.

Feel free to use this thread as a general discussion on these style builds also.

Many thanks

Rift Disciple

I really like nightblade for warfronts good versatile damage dealer, go deep enough and you get some more defensive stuff to complement riftstalker as well.

Very strong defense, good mobility, good sustained and burst from stealth, some ranged damage, and great weapon enchants with healing debuff.

You can swap bladedancer for sabo, for another snare since nightblade lacks the strong snare of sin. Or for infiltrator while break free is off cooldown on the fly since its a 0 point soul.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...q0o.iItRGogRks

Soulwalker

hey, im playing riftstalker/bard/nightblade build. its pretty nice for tanking and due to the nightblade soul you can still deal some damage for questing/pvp. although im thinking about changing the bard side to bladedancer. BD does more damage than bard and gives dodge bonuses (mostly good for pvp) although i dunno if i really wanna sacrifice the endurance/hp/def bonuses from bard^^ just to give you an impression about the build: i tanked IT on lvl 18 with 1.6k hp buffed ;D this build has lots of potential for tanking but is a bit tricky in pvp so you gotta decide what you want you char to be: tank with tons of hp/def to be a very hard target in pvp and a good tank in pve or a dps build for pvp with the riftstalker def abilities for tanking.

assassins poison ability doesnt need any points spent on assa tree btw.

Assassin could provide you poisons for some minor damage as well as stealth. Slip Away + Shadow Warp is pretty OP for getting away from people. Plus you get some good abilities like Ambush, here's a build i threw together real fast. You will probably want to move points into the infiltrator soul from somewhere.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...o.V0xcxqbMzz.x

EDIT: I've also heard you can do sabo with RS pretty effectively as well. Link
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...V0xcxqoMz.xx0M
    Last edited by Concept2; 02-08-2011 at 03:44 AM.

Soulwalker

Thanks all. I like the RS/NB and RS/Sin builds. I'm not a huge fan of sab and I will think I will stay away from bard and use the points for more damage.

Are there any advantages with BD as a 2nd soul?

I'm preferring the RS/NB build atm because the Sin tree seems to use a lot of points up for stealth skills.

Thx again

Soulwalker

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...d.VGxcxqbRzz.b

Bladedancer for the extra survivability, the dex, the stun thats off the GCD and the gap closing root. Bard because of the extra health, you can switch out Bard for whatever you feel like using.

+ Reply to Thread