+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: rogues are slightly underpowered. AND I LIKE IT

Default rogues are slightly underpowered. AND I LIKE IT

melee rogues are at a bit of a disadvantage atm it seems. Stealth isnt as shiny as id like and is broken by pets alot! we lack survivability often and lots of players have stuns snares kickbacks.
    Id say melee rogues are SLIGHTLY underpowered by 5-10%.
    I like it. Makes being a rogue challenging. I want stealth fixed buts it fun 2 be the underdog imo. itll mean that only good rogues go melee at endgame and WE WILL BE FEARED. Skill>everything.
    Bring it.
    Last edited by Kiyasu; 02-07-2011 at 11:28 PM.

except sabs. I will say sabs need a bit of fixing. Their burst can be a little 2 insane.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Kiyasu View Post
    except sabs. I will say sabs need a bit of fixing. Their burst can be a little 2 insane.
    bards are OP nuff said. give them 4k hp and rift barier and their OPness quad niples.

Meh i still love my rogue even tho the roles im using got nerfed, but hey i can still crits oover 700+ Damage quite often ;)
    Rhyli@Hailol

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Kiyasu View Post
    melee rogues are at a bit of a disadvantage atm it seems. Stealth isnt as shiny as id like and is broken by pets alot! we lack survivability often and lots of players have stuns snares kickbacks.
    Id say melee rogues are SLIGHTLY underpowered by 5-10%.
    I like it. Makes being a rogue challenging. I want stealth fixed buts it fun 2 be the underdog imo. itll mean that only good rogues go melee at endgame and WE WILL BE FEARED. Skill>everything.
    Bring it.
    you wil be a marksman or sab by launch, guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by jaym7018 View Post
    marksman seems a little more 'fair' then sabs :P atleast till they fix the charges not breaking saps problem :P i think im going to keep my marksman

Updated; February 13, 2011; Nova Bench 3; Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate; AMD Phenom II X4 945 @ 3975 MHz; Graphics Card:Sapphire Vapor-X HD 5770 OC@960/1400
    Verified NovaBench Score: 1093
    Validated by CPU-Z

Telaran

MM/Sab/Rift has more survivability and damage then all other builds out there. Seriously with this build i could not be killed, could kite like there was no tomorrow, and sab burst + aoe dmg made me deadly in solo and group PvP. Way too much utility with very hugh burst.
    Only class that could survive was clerics, but they would not kill me, only survive long enough for backup and even then i could easily escape.
    omg lolol one does not simply walk into mordor

Soulwalker

i'm sin,marksman. it is epic.

it's hard to kill as melee but i come out on top of most warfronts its awesome

Quote Originally Posted by jaym7018 View Post
    Thanks smartass. i actually play a nb/sin/rb.

Plane Touched

I dunno Jay, the more I started playing with the NB the more I was enjoying it. I will admit that you'll probably never see me main spec as Assassin, as I just don't like that play style (never been a fan of high stealth characters for PvE or PvP*). I think the concept behind the BD is good, but it needs a little lovin' from what little I played of it. Something about it didn't flow as well as I would have liked. RS is also fun, but I didn't run it long enough to try tanking on it. I play what's fun and don't really care if it is considered 'underpowered'. To me, fun will always trump everything else. Besides a little challenge never hurt anyone.

I'll also agree with the OP on how some of the Stealth mechanics are working. I don't mind seeing the ghost, but I shouldn't see it until they are almost on top of me. That one second of "oh ****! assassin!" reaction time is all anyone should ever need. Any more than that and you really take away the point of the Soul. The one acception to this would be for Beastmasters that actually spec into their ability to see stealth, since that's their thing.

Might want to try Nightblade , Freaking op does alot of damage and takes forever for just a group of 4/5 to kill one if you spec right

Right now i am a Nightblade/assasian/riftstalker build and only class i have problem agains is Sabo's whey they get the jump on me , all other classes are easy mode , warriors have no chance against us with our being able to use range , dusk to dawn is op on any class , and pretty much one shots mages and nearly brings a warrior down to half , clerics and bards are freaking easy to kill thanks to Nightblade's Fell blades enchant. MM are easy mode as well with the sins blind and spaming twilight force with dusk to dawn just makes it a automatic win.

Btw best way to beat a Sabo as a nightblade if they get the jump on you is wait for 3 charges on you then pop twilight shelter that 2k dmg instant kill gets nerfed down to 200-300 dmg and they are pretty much screwed

With every hit we do we put up dots from certain skill that armor can't stand up against with even some of those dots when stacked xpode with your next finisher to provide insane damage.

My current build

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...tRGohRsk.0VMcz
    Last edited by Killren; 02-08-2011 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Killren View Post
    Might want to try Nightblade , Freaking op does alot of damage and takes forever for just a group of 4/5 to kill one if you spec right

Right now i am a Nightblade/assasian/riftstalker build and only class i have problem agains is Sabo's whey they get the jump on me , all other classes are easy mode , warriors have no chance against us with our being able to use range , dusk to dawn is op on any class , and pretty much one shots mages and nearly brings a warrior down to half , clerics and bards are freaking easy to kill thanks to Nightblade's Fell blades enchant. MM are easy mode as well with the sins blind and spaming twilight force with dusk to dawn just makes it a automatic win.

Btw best way to beat a Sabo as a nightblade if they get the jump on you is wait for 3 charges on you then pop twilight shelter that 2k dmg instant kill gets nerfed down to 200-300 dmg and they are pretty much screwed

With every hit we do we put up dots from certain skill that armor can't stand up against with even some of those dots when stacked xpode with your next finisher to provide insane damage.

My current build

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...tRGohRsk.0VMcz
    jeeze that is nice i never really noticed anything much about the nightblade, i basically ignored it like that is nice
    Rhyli@Hailol

Soulwalker

I eat rogues for lunch on my Paladin/Reaver/Warlord. Highest hit against me so far has been 300 from a saboteur, lmao.

Nice tips in the above strategies. I have been trying out cleric here lately and am going to be switching back to my rogue. I want to try out a few more builds and see what happens. I like what they have changed on them so far.

Hey there caldwell man, I live in boise. Gogo idahoans

also note this Nightblades have to Sap abilities one for in stealth and one for out of steath ,, if your against a class that has a pet you can Lost hope the pet and dark contaminate it again afterwards or use it to interrupt cast abilites or even heals from clerics.
    Tips against sins of course if you can see and hit them they are not a problem , but if one opens up on you use twilite shelter when possible then Shadow shift away, Use improved twilight force to slow them then start stacking Fiery spike at least to three and use the Scorge of darkness(reason being next 10 moves do even more insane damage) then blind them use dusk to dawn(with scourge of darkness with this you will see the numbers flying ) to get almost instant 5combo points with insane dmg and if lucky having dots on them adding damage to this ablity almost doubling the damage then use melee finisher to kill , if not dead already use ebon fury to make your combo x2 abilities have no cd or kite them at range spaming Twilight force until they are dead.

Btw if you are in stealth and about to attack Dark malady is a great opener just read it you will know why

BTW fun thing to do in Whitefall warfront or whatever its called is saping two ppl and taking their flag right in front of them , have done this many times and you can just tell they get nyerking mad , me being a night elf i have the abliity to use anglelic flight to a speed boost orb then shadow shift away , by time i do that i can use angelic flight again and be close to center if safe and get another speed boost orb and if anyway i have gotten some ppl on me i just twilit shelter and blink away , just the shelter ablitily alone will keep you alive for about 8sec with 5-6 pll on you by that time if your group isn't ******ed will have a healer to meet you and you will be on your marry way into your fort with your sacurfices behind you trying to stall the enemy for time. Of course full Riftstalker build would be even better for this but you are not able to fully pvp with the build and will always be bottom of the charts , so NB still gets the job done and does it in a great fashion

Btw sorry for spelling and grammar i only work construction no one cares and might even have the day off for headstart , kinda slow atm
    Last edited by Killren; 02-08-2011 at 10:37 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast