+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MM/Nightblade/Assassin pve build

Default MM/Nightblade/Assassin pve build

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...V0AuzR.0VMcxcb

This first one is the PVE DPS option, for raiding and dungeon running. I take Nightblade for 15% bonus damage on combo point abilities and finisher abilities, big damage boost there. Melted Skin talent also is a must for the 5% extra damage taken from hellfire Blades buff. Hellfire Blades procs more than once every 15 seconds which gives you a permanent debuff on the target for 5% increased damage, which in total Nightblade gives an extra 20% damage on combos and finishers. Lost Hope is nice, ranged 30 seconds CC.

Assassin is taken for the damage increases and the poison weapon buff which works with Hellfire Blades. 5% crit 4% increased damage, Serrated Blades talent adds another nice damage bonus in procs which goes along with the other two. Cruel Vengeance for crit procs and Magnify pain for even more damage increases, along finaly with Poison Potency increasing the proc damage even more for poisons.

Then we have marksman which is the main of the build and where the abilities come from that I will use most. Sniper training and sharpshooter will be a must if the bosses at end game are difficult to hit due to increased levels. Crossfire and Collateral Damage for aoe damage. Increased fire power for crit procs, and Penetrating shots for dps increases. Killer Instinct for even bigger deadeye damage and master archer to add to the list of possible procs. Single Minded focus is great for more marksman based damage improvements and lastly Strafe which is a big hitting ability which can get me out of snares.

Only Close Quarters Combat is an after thought, but with it being likely some boss fights force me into a close range situation I can hit this and still punch out top damage.

In summary, the Nightblade and assassin souls augment my marksman spec, boosting its damage. Alot of proc effects will mean my already hard hitting damage abilities will be getting lots of boosts from the proc effects.

Hellfire Blades + Master Archer + Lethal Poison + Serrated Blades = Massive damage on even autoshot.
    Last edited by Enerzeal; 02-07-2011 at 09:57 PM.

Soulwalker

Stacking the proc effects is the way to go. I will need to try your build out when the next beta event hits. I did something similar with night blade / ranger / blade dancer. I went full out night blade pretty much, but went and got the armor debuff from ranger as utility on top of the pet. With a void knight fire debuffing for me it was fairly nice. I mainly only use blade dancer for side steps if I pull aggro so I might look into swapping that soul out. But here is a link to the build.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...V0AuzR.0VMcxcb

Good idea though looking forward to testing your build out.

you just linked my build again it seems :P wouldn't mind taking a look see.

I will have to try this out in an instance sometime. I'm a big fan of proc based attacks for some reason.

However I'm also a fan of pets so i came up with this build here.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...xos0Vz.0VMcx0b
    I don't have the night blade in there originally but after looking at yours i also made this one.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...xos0Vz.0VMcxcb

Both look interesting to me. Seems I will be doing lots of testing to find out what i like once i get there.

Edit: I originally went with the marksman up to that point for the Marksman's pedestal 15% extra ranged damage.
    Edit...again: MM also gave me access to deadeye shot which i can use for 60 seconds after i use headshot once (5% increase to me and pet dmg for 60 seconds after using headshot from talent) So i figured that would be a nice thing to go for. Ok, no more editing.
    Last edited by Dkeonic; 02-07-2011 at 10:25 PM.

Yea I would definitely use the second option there, your previous marksman build wasn't giving nearly as much boost to damage. With what you have right now you might even do more damage than my build. I have since made a change to my build since looking at yours.

Poison Mastery out, Fire and death attunement in, 6% bonus to poison effects gone in exchange for 3% more damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Enerzeal View Post
    Yea I would definitely use the second option there, your previous marksman build wasn't giving nearly as much boost to damage. With what you have right now you might even do more damage than my build. I have since made a change to my build since looking at yours.

Poison Mastery out, Fire and death attunement in, 6% bonus to poison effects gone in exchange for 3% more damage.

Glad we could help each other out :P Ranged rogues unite!

Edit think i made a slight change! Took 3 out of poison potency so -15% poison dmg and moved them into unstable state in nightblade for 9% of all non physical attacks so increases hellfire blades AND poison. Hmmm. Soooo overall....-6% poison dmg +9% fire. Think thats better! It also added a perk for an 'oh crap' dmg reduction button. Never know when you might need that. ::cough:: pet dies ::cough::

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...xos0Vz.0VMcx0b
    Last edited by Dkeonic; 02-07-2011 at 10:35 PM.

Telaran

Sabo/MM/Bladedancer

Been messing with the talent calculator, and came up with Bit of an odd combo. It's all about buffing the MM abilities while having raid utility.

Sabo (5points)
    • 15% increase to dexterity
    • adhesive bombs for boss fights where adds need to slowed/controlled

MM (44points)
    • Took all the basic skills
    • Static shot - Another range slow
    • Repel shot in case adds need there wig blew back
    • On the double in case u need to get outta the group fast
    • 50% reduction to all MM abilities for 15secs (2min c/d)
    • Auto-attack adds combo point to current target for 15secs (2min c/d)

Bladedancer (17points)
    • 5% hit, added to the 3% already from MM allows me to focus on gear with other stats.
    • Increased auto-shot damage by 50%
    • 15% increased Dexterity (30% total when combined with the Sabo increase)
    • 50% dodge increase for 15secs if u find urself in a jam (2min c/d)
    • 30% increase to Physical damage for 15secs (2min c/d)
    • 70% speed increase for 15secs (2min c/d) - DOnt necessairly need this one but cud be nice if stacks with on the double
    • 20 meter range silence
    Last edited by Arafeek; 02-07-2011 at 11:10 PM.

Can Hellfire Blades buff be used on a bow?
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Quote Originally Posted by Jarvix View Post
    Can Hellfire Blades buff be used on a bow?
    It worked during the last beta.

Shadowlander

Does Serrated Blades work with ranged auto-attack & skills now?

I last checked at Beta 5 with the Kelari crit racial and it didn't work
    小五

I think another possible problem with this a Ranger/Assassin/Nightblade build is you can only have 2 weapon enchantments. If that's the case, you might be better off going Ranger/Marksmen/Assassin and getting Markmen's pedestal and penetrating shots.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...kVz.Vhx0V.0VMz

Or can you have 2 weapon enchantments active per soul? I will probably try this out during the next beta.

Rift Disciple

BTW, Improved Quick Shot's bleed overwrites itself...It's a pretty bad talent. Unless you would just use one quick shot/6 seconds, it's better to get 1/3 points in it.

Well if you look at assassin and Nightblade haveing the dif wep enchants coudl be benificial based on what your fighting. useing the best element aginst certain mobs can add up qickly. It just gives you more flexibilty and a better combat presence if your useing the most optimal enchant every bit counts. Though for thoese that played FF this makes me think of a Red Mage with the dif ele echants. If only this effected your group somewhere down the line.

Though from my experiance i find the rangers pet invaluable with tanking means less down time. Though if this is a group raid build the sin/ NB would be nice for the interchangeablity.

But with 2wep enchants I'd go NB over sin the finisher bounse is nice plus endurance and attack is nice rng/ mm gives nice crit any ways.
    Last edited by Claiomh; 02-11-2011 at 08:40 AM.
    If God listened to the prayers of men, all men would quickly have perished: for they are forever praying for evil against one another.

+ Reply to Thread