+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rogue stealth build? Viable in PvP?

Cool Rogue stealth build? Viable in PvP?

Hello everyone I have been milling over the prospect of being able to finally make a rogue class with stealth in a PvP game and I am very excited. I was just wondering if I am thinking of the right combination to get the most out of the class that I am going to want to play in PvP on live.

Thinking of going: Night Blade/ Assassin/ and Rift Blade(For the warp/15% attack power increase)
    Wondering if these above class choices would compliment each other well enough to kill in PvP.
    I have been looking at the skill tree's on some of the builder websites and it looks like these 3 work in "Concept" together very well but I am not sure about in actual practice since I have not had much time to play the game yet.

Any feedback from some of the more seasoned rogues in the community would be most appreciated. Thank you!

Soulwalker

Default love sin in pvp

I got 35 sin/bd/rift and 33 pts of that in sin i hav a blast i can stealth up with out being seen all the time in pvp with out being seen and the slip away skill u get whne u hav 31 pts into sin rocks so after i kill one of a 5 man group off i can slip away the i use that rift jump skill so i can get get out of detect rang cuz some class do hav skill set to see me i thnk but have to use the skill i guess and this is when i solo with no back up
    Now thou i am puting pts into rift the tank rog class so i can take more hits and get some healing efects from kills

So yea its fun and gets better at higher lvls

For more end game PvP side of things I am also thinking of doing Heavy in the assassin tree/rift blade(for the port and other stuff) and the 21 points in Infiltrator since I plan on doing a lot of PvP on this game anyway.

>Any thoughts on how the assassin tree preforms near the lvl cap? I have been hearing that assassin seems to be a bit ****ty or is that just bad players complaining?

Basically thinking of a common stealth/rogue build. Any help appreciated on possible build ideas.

Rift Disciple

I have played an assassin/nightblade/bladedancer to lvl 28 so far. Specced full Bard from 22-25.

Lvl 50 build would theoretically be something like, this has riftstalker for 3rd soul but BD would be good too, or Sab/Ranger for crit/dmg buffs.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...foddo.V0t0M.VG

Soulwalker

Default Try NB/RS/SAB

I saw a Nightblade build yesterday that I'll definetly try out. Got my inspiration from this post and Youtube clip. Interesting key-binds too, that I'll rip off :P

Link to build

Bump for any more experienced rogues that could give some feedback on this rogue setup I think is very interesting.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Arago View Post
    Bump for any more experienced rogues that could give some feedback on this rogue setup I think is very interesting.
    It begins to be a cookie cutter build. NB is very strong combined with the assassin. Mainly because the NB has all the nice tools higher up. Do not expect to kill fast though, the assassin is not the typical, stealth, kill, retreat soul as you would think it is. This is from a PvP perspective (at least till 35)

In PvE assassin is a good soul and can do some nice overall dps combined with NB and you have a solid setup.

You can either chose RF or BR, both has synergy with NB and Assassin.

Quote Originally Posted by Arago View Post
    >Any thoughts on how the assassin tree preforms near the lvl cap? I have been hearing that assassin seems to be a bit ****ty or is that just bad players complaining?
    Point is, till level 35 assassin lack burst to even do something useful, combined with the lack of survivability we die a lot in GvG. We rely on bleeds/DoT's to kill our enemy, good for PvE but not so for PvP. Also after our initial burst, we get kited pretty easy. Forget about killing a healing soul or someone who get some love from healers in a respectable time to get you out of the fire. 1v1 we are a good soul (not great, just good), healers are still a pain and the average/good ones still impossible and so are warriors with their OP crits from range but assassin here can do well and if played well, can win but it is a long fight.

We do not know end game as alpha is still under NDA.
    Last edited by Shoomy; 02-08-2011 at 04:57 PM.

Rift Disciple

Here is a PvP Assassin build
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...0co.0VRftcbV0z

I think the MM/Assassin/NB build is the strongest so far. Or maybe Assassin/NB/Rift... if you like melee. I'm sure some will disagree

+ Reply to Thread