+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can Bards Main Heal PVE?

Default Can Bards Main Heal PVE?

As title states. I am intrigued by the class, but my play style is to main heal for instances and end game. Just curious if anyone knows if they are viable to main heal once they get coda of restoration.

Quote Originally Posted by chris051599 View Post
    As title states. I am intrigued by the class, but my play style is to main heal for instances and end game. Just curious if anyone knows if they are viable to main heal once they get coda of restoration.
    No Bards cannot MH pve content. The burst from bosses in dungeon/instance is too high for your cadence heal spam to actually be effective, even with regen motifs and Coda of Restoration it still wouldnt be possible all of this due to you needing to spend time generating combo points for the latter to be effective, time which you wont have.

Not trying to shoot you down or anything, just letting ya know Bards make for AWESOME off heals though! I suppose if you specced into healing souls along with bard you could MH, but someone who main specs healing souls will outperform you.

Raminoodle / <Vantage> / Warrior
    Grieves / <Vantage> / Mage
    Caffiene / <Vantage> / Rogue
    #2 NA Guardian / #3 Guardian / #6 World
    *Click for LIVE Stream*

Plane Touched

The answer to your question is both yes and no. I have heard of bards in the beta that have been able to heal everything through FC as a main-heal, however, they are already taxed to their limit of healing in a simple dungeon.

Once you take fights to an end-game expert dungeon or raid level, you just lack the toolset and single target throughput to get through those types of fights as a solo healer. They do provide SIGNIFICANT aoe healing through the combination of cadence and coda of restoration and as such seem quite useful in raids for a support heals + buffer role. Their biggest problem is still the single target throughput and lack of direct heals.

Plane Touched

Unlikely, as they only have non-targeted AoE heals, most of which as effectively HoTs.

Cadence -> Cadence -> Coda of Restoration with Motif of Regeneration up will certainly assist a main heal, and might be enough for trash, or maybe even 5 mans, but I doubt it will be enough to keep a tank alive, especially if there's a fight with alot of spike damage (Though Virtuoso -> Spam Coda of Restoration will certainly be excellent for raid wide spikes.)

Thanks for the feedback, and I was kinda expecting these answers. Decisions, decisions.

+ Reply to Thread