+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My ideas for a few rogue changes

Default My ideas for a few rogue changes

Rogue spells: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...hARcxofVdb.V0x
    I would like to see a few spells not be effected by the global cooldown.
    Side Step
    Poison Malice
    Expose Weakness

-Reasons-
    Side Step is a holy crap the tank died im tanking now button, and should be able to be used when needed.
    My solution: Remove the GC and up the CD to 10 minutes.

Poison Malice is a DPS burst and you waste almost 3 seconds of the 15 second buff activating it and waiting for the GC to reset then use the next spell. This should be able to be used as fast burst.
    My Solution: is to up the CD to 5 minutes and remove its GC.

Expose Weakness is again a burst.opener to the start of your rotation why this does not have a CD is silly, being able to spam this on a target makes for a boring and lazy rotation.
    My Solution: Give it a CD of 5-10 minutes.
    [_]--<("<) NERF HAMMER!
    Twitch
    PLEASE DO NOT FEED THE TROLLs! IF THEY POST SOMETHING SIMPLY IGNORE IT

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Bazeleel View Post
    Rogue spells: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...hARcxofVdb.V0x
    I would like to see a few spells not be effected by the global cooldown.
    Side Step
    Poison Malice
    Expose Weakness

-Reasons-
    Side Step is a holy crap the tank died im tanking now button, and should be able to be used when needed.
    My solution: Remove the GC and up the CD to 10 minutes.

Poison Malice is a DPS burst and you waste almost 3 seconds of the 15 second buff activating it and waiting for the GC to reset then use the next spell. This should be able to be used as fast burst.
    My Solution: is to up the CD to 5 minutes and remove its GC.

Expose Weakness is again a burst.opener to the start of your rotation why this does not have a CD is silly, being able to spam this on a target makes for a boring and lazy rotation.
    My Solution: Give it a CD of 5-10 minutes.
    yeah cause riftstalkers dont need sidestep for helping out with tanking..and players in pvp only need to dodge every 10 mins. please think outside of your single minded pve spec

Quote Originally Posted by elyndil View Post
    yeah cause riftstalkers dont need sidestep for helping out with tanking..and players in pvp only need to dodge every 10 mins. please think outside of your single minded pve spec
    Seriously that is the best reply you can come up with. Nothing about as to why i am wrong or your ideas how to maybe improve on my ideas or give ideas of you own.

Please do not post stuff like this it is pointless.

On to addresses your comment.

Riftstalkers really do not need to use this all the time, with such high dex, and dodge(from the bladedancer soul) side step is more of a phase mode spell. By that I mean you only really need it when you know the boss is going to start hitting really hard or he enrages but you have him down to 4% and you a few extra seconds of crazy dodge. I have only used my side step 3 times in all of the betas, you should not rely, your healers should be doing their job

My mind is both thinking of PvP and PvE. I have not used this skill much in PvP. I would rather use my blade tempo or double coup for the extra burst damage. Dodging in pvp(at least right now) is not needed as must as high burst damage.

Everyone plays different.
    [_]--<("<) NERF HAMMER!
    Twitch

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Bazeleel View Post
    Seriously that is the best reply you can come up with. Nothing about as to why i am wrong or your ideas how to maybe improve on my ideas or give ideas of you own.

Please do not post stuff like this it is pointless.

On to addresses your comment.

Riftstalkers really do not need to use this all the time, with such high dex, and dodge(from the bladedancer soul) side step is more of a phase mode spell. By that I mean you only really need it when you know the boss is going to start hitting really hard or he enrages but you have him down to 4% and you a few extra seconds of crazy dodge. I have only used my side step 3 times in all of the betas, you should not rely, your healers should be doing their job

My mind is both thinking of PvP and PvE. I have not used this skill much in PvP. I would rather use my blade tempo or double coup for the extra burst damage. Dodging in pvp(at least right now) is not needed as must as high burst damage.

Everyone plays different.
    Exactly, everyone plays different and the sidestep ability is fine. most players will take atleast 1 sec to react to a boss agro or tank death to hit this button if they are dps, increasing the cd wont help, its a benifical ability and does not need to be off GC.

right now the main issue with the rogue class is A) assassins seem to do minimal dmg output compaired to other classes, B) sab apperently are broken in pvp (though i can kill them fine, but i see the arguement of this) C) right now lowend dmg weapons like daggers seem to not be used much when you can use a highend dmg sword for ability boost and dagger isnt needed for abilitys.(again i think this will balance itself out endgame but these are just the bigger complaints)

Quote Originally Posted by elyndil View Post
    Exactly, everyone plays different and the sidestep ability is fine. most players will take atleast 1 sec to react to a boss agro or tank death to hit this button if they are dps, increasing the cd wont help, its a benifical ability and does not need to be off GC.

right now the main issue with the rogue class is A) assassins seem to do minimal dmg output compaired to other classes, B) sab apperently are broken in pvp (though i can kill them fine, but i see the arguement of this) C) right now lowend dmg weapons like daggers seem to not be used much when you can use a highend dmg sword for ability boost and dagger isnt needed for abilitys.(again i think this will balance itself out endgame but these are just the bigger complaints)
    I am not sure what you are talking about by minimal damage, my assassin does very good DPS. More then the bladedancer or nightblade. Bladedancer gets more of its DPS from dodging, which if you are not tanking you wont be dodging. Nightblade is extremely burst damage focused and relays on cooldowns.

Sad there is not DPS/combat stat meter to tell us what is the best DPS we just kinda have to therycraft right now. I was using the target dummies in Mer with all three specs and the assassins over all DPS was higher, a lot more crts, very high burst, as well as more powerful bleeds and energy control.

As for the side step it was just a idea, I think we both want it for different reasons so we will never agree on that issue
    [_]--<("<) NERF HAMMER!
    Twitch

+ Reply to Thread