Closed Thread

Thread: So..everyone is talking builds over and over....my only question is

Soulwalker

Default So..everyone is talking builds over and over....my only question is

as someone looking into building a RS Tank, how would you gear for it?

Runecrafting preferences
    Gear Stats preferences
    Weapon Preferences

Do you stack as much Endurance via Runecrafting as possible, or do you mix with Dex
    Do you go with Daggers for Fast (but low) end dmg or go with Slower harder hitting weapons

Quote Originally Posted by Darqness View Post

Runecrafting preferences
    Gear Stats preferences
    Weapon Preferences

Do you stack as much Endurance via Runecrafting as possible, or do you mix with Dex
    Do you go with Daggers for Fast (but low) end dmg or go with Slower harder hitting weapons
    Simple. You dont. Let the tank classes tank as a rogue tank will ALWAYS be sub optimal.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Sixshade View Post
    Simple. You dont. Let the tank classes tank as a rogue tank will ALWAYS be sub optimal.
    keep trolling on every rogue forum. please go play wow some more. you obviously need the game to be easy and have no differation in the gameplay.

as for OP: right now the weapon shouldnt matter to much, just figure what has best stats all around, since most of your abilitys generate threat in general and not based on damage output. also highend rogue tanks will need a decent mix of dex and endur. you want to be able to survive big hits or initial burst, but past that you can dodge and absorb alot so a healthy mix.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Sixshade View Post
    Hard to think out of the box ain't it

To OP. What above poster said. You need a healthy HP pool to not stress the healer to much and have room for spike damage. Rest should go into DEX. Not sure how end game content is, but can imagine you need some resists at a certain level also.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Darqness View Post

Runecrafting preferences
    Gear Stats preferences
    Weapon Preferences

Generally they make it pretty easy via runecrafting for you to select which stats to use. Take endurance where possible, dex where not, and any chance to put hit on the slot you are probably better using that over AP or the other stats...

Gear wise... honestly, I prefer armor/endurance > dex > avoidance stats (dodge/parry) > str....

I personally haven't found a single best weapon for tanking. Rangers want slow/hard hitting because of their 50% 2nd attack. Nightblades/Assassins want fast weapons because of weapon enchants. The reality is that speed isn't quite as important for you as a tank. They normalize ability damage and white dps is evened out over time and you don't have anything that specifically benefits one over the other.

For planar essences I prefer dex/end/resist over pure endurance or dex/str/endurance.

Quote Originally Posted by elyndil View Post
    keep trolling on every rogue forum. please go play wow some more. you obviously need the game to be easy and have no differation in the gameplay.
    Looks like I have a fan! Yay this will be fun.

Raminoodle / <Vantage> / Warrior
    Grieves / <Vantage> / Mage
    Caffiene / <Vantage> / Rogue
    #2 NA Guardian / #3 Guardian / #6 World
    *Click for LIVE Stream*

Closed Thread