+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Teleporting Ranger... thoughts...

Default Teleporting Ranger... thoughts...

Well… after finding this build (http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...V0dM.EMxhz0coo) in the forums I’ve gave it a shot. I haven’t PvPed it yet but so far I enjoy its abilities.
    As far as a ranger/marksman ranged attacks you get what you expect, and as long as foes are far from you they’re as good as dead. But, as you know, when foes come close the ranger is in trouble… or not! Riftstalker sometimes (but not all) saves the day and does it a lot. My Teleporting Rogue is only lv18 and I’m having so much fun! Even at start Shadow Shift is a life saver making you get that much distance from a crowd long enough to escape alive. As far as pet goes… so far… Dire Wolf is for show, Razorbeast (I call it my pig… and I renamed it Pumba… ok… !Lion King joke! :P ) is for combat. I can handle (melee) most single foes the same lv as my rogue and live. And there’s another use for Shadow Shift… as long as your path is clear you can use it to flank your enemy. But most of the times I use it to evade and run.

So far this build has been so much fun to play and it levels up fast with low amount of deaths.

Give it a shot… you might love it.

And I’m expecting it to do nicely in a PvP…

honestly try it out in pvp yourself mate (albeit scale it down somewhat to the max lvl of beta). Its one thing to theory craft but you can only get a feel for the pro's and con's of a spec when you try it out in a pvp context.

"If we was in prison...I would protect you in the showers"

True...
    So far I've played PVE only... But is been a blast in PVE... So much fun really... and I use its teleporting abilities for fun as well.

I've only PVPed with a mage so far... not my best act... mage fails against every melee build even gimped ones. or at least my old pyro/elem/storm did :P

This is a GAME and all I want from it is fun! and you can always change your build by adding/replacing souls and changing your build entirely, so its fun and fun!

+ Reply to Thread