+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Marksman v Saboteur for pvp

Soulwalker

Default Marksman v Saboteur for pvp

I played in beta six and did mostly warfronts over and over to test dps. I did them starting from about 13 and didnt change out of my MM/Rng/RS build and start experimenting until i got to about level 18. This was my build at level 13.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0MNfp.V0o.Vuzo

During one warfront at level 13, i topped the damage output with 39k damage, the next person down had about 20k, it was pretty much a one sided fight. That was the most damage i ever had but still i never was out of the top 3 or 4 in damage output. Most of my damage came from the fan out ability, which is my favorite one.

Once I started messing around with others at 18, tried a lot of different things, and saboteur got me the second most dps when i put a lot into the tree, but i could never top the damage output of my marksman, i barely managed to one shot more than one person every few matches, even the level 10s and 11s, but im sure many people play it better than me.

Anyone else have similar experiences with these classes in pvp? maybe in the later tiers since i only got to 18 during this beta id like to know if this is the same case later on

MM and sabo are my two main PVP souls Im currently playing .

Played them both at cap, thats 35 atm.

And they are both effective, actually they are with the bard the most succesfull Rogue souls in PvP, if I needed to say wich looks "better" beetwen the 2 dps souls, I would say Saboteur without any doubts.

but still the MM is just awesome and WAY funnier to play then a Sabo, and even a bit more challenging to play (I find the sabo just easy and quite boring, but DAMN EFFECTIVE , its just crazy dmg)
    Last edited by Atreiu; 02-07-2011 at 03:50 PM.

<Anotherguy>
    Rogue - cloudbourne
    Prestige Rank 6

I haven't really tried sab on my rogue for more than 0 points in and having the slime that slows people down. However I'm looking at it and considering it now...

Anyway I'm using my ranged build as a ranger/marks/assassin at the moment, although I haven't played much because I found a way to make my cleric not suck at leveling.

Looking for a guild? Try omen, most of us are in the head start launch, we have members on at all hours, we do rift raid parties, pvp premades, guild quests together, and PvE questing and dungeons. We have a vent and we're casual. We're rolling on Tearfall. If you're interested in joining a great guild apply at www.riftomen.com today!

Soulwalker

im also wondering how much the sab tree benefits the marksman tree and vice versa, i know it says each is recommended for the other but i failed to see where the sab would benefit dpsing as a marksman since the charges would be wasted on MM finisher and MM combo point generators would be wasted with detonate

Quote Originally Posted by Betrayd View Post
    I played in beta six and did mostly warfronts over and over to test dps. I did them starting from about 13 and didnt change out of my MM/Rng/RS build and start experimenting until i got to about level 18. This was my build at level 13.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0MNfp.V0o.Vuzo

During one warfront at level 13, i topped the damage output with 39k damage, the next person down had about 20k, it was pretty much a one sided fight. That was the most damage i ever had but still i never was out of the top 3 or 4 in damage output. Most of my damage came from the fan out ability, which is my favorite one.

Once I started messing around with others at 18, tried a lot of different things, and saboteur got me the second most dps when i put a lot into the tree, but i could never top the damage output of my marksman, i barely managed to one shot more than one person every few matches, even the level 10s and 11s, but im sure many people play it better than me.

Anyone else have similar experiences with these classes in pvp? maybe in the later tiers since i only got to 18 during this beta id like to know if this is the same case later on
    yeah spamming fan out will make your dps look high, but the damage kinda crappy per target, its really fluff damage, tho i do like it when there are groups on top of each other and all have people beating on them, that extra damage can turn the tide for all your teammates the only other time i use it is to break ranks and cause healers and tanks to seperate, you would be suprised how chicken people are when they think someone has a target on um :P

Updated; February 13, 2011; Nova Bench 3; Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate; AMD Phenom II X4 945 @ 3975 MHz; Graphics Card:Sapphire Vapor-X HD 5770 OC@960/1400
    Verified NovaBench Score: 1093
    Validated by CPU-Z

im also wondering how much the sab tree benefits the marksman tree and vice versa, i know it says each is recommended for the other but i failed to see where the sab would benefit dpsing as a marksman since the charges would be wasted on MM finisher and MM combo point generators would be wasted with detonate
    Sabo will not help any soul out other then the Adhesive Bomb slow.
    But there are numerous souls that will greatly help out the Sabo. in damage and CC

Quote Originally Posted by P-51 View Post
    Sabo will not help any soul out other then the Adhesive Bomb slow.
    But there are numerous souls that will greatly help out the Sabo. in damage and CC
    nightblade is a good compliment to Sabo, with the 15% to combo and finishers, as well as stealth and a ranged sap... but the class is very broke right now, atleast in my opinion
    Last edited by rich1051414; 02-07-2011 at 04:29 PM.

Updated; February 13, 2011; Nova Bench 3; Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate; AMD Phenom II X4 945 @ 3975 MHz; Graphics Card:Sapphire Vapor-X HD 5770 OC@960/1400
    Validated by CPU-Z

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by rich1051414 View Post
    nightblade is a good compliment to Sabo, with the 15% to combo and finishers, as well as stealth and a ranged sap... but the class is very broke right now, atleast in my opinion
    That's exactly what I am rolling with at the moment. And am I the only one using 0 point infriltrator for the "trinket"? I know I could use rift for blink, but that tends to bug and be very situational, unlike the trinket which has saved the day quite a lot.. Though the CD is damn long.. (5 min!)
    Xatoshi 29 rogue -saboteur/nightblade

Quote Originally Posted by asusvenus@gmail.com View Post
    That's exactly what I am rolling with at the moment. And am I the only one using 0 point infriltrator for the "trinket"? I know I could use rift for blink, but that tends to bug and be very situational, unlike the trinket which has saved the day quite a lot.. Though the CD is damn long.. (5 min!)
    the 5 min cooldown kills me, so this was my solution, keep 0 points in it, when you use your stun break, swap that class out next time you have a chance for 5 minutes :P

i only did one WF as sab, and i felt like i needed a shower. it just felt wrong in so many ways xD
    Last edited by rich1051414; 02-07-2011 at 04:39 PM.

Validated by CPU-Z

_Po
    Soulwalker

I believe the benefit isn't in synergy as much as other classes. I agree that points would be wasted if you you places charges and use swift shot to build combo points.. but if you use them separately.. like up to 5 swift shots and a hasted shot to get some speed, then use 5 (really 10) charges to deal major damage. Worked great for me at 27.

It's true, it'd be nice if the fleshed together better.. though I see that the are, the intervals are just larger. This making sense to anyone? Lol

In my eyes, other souls are good with sab if theyre giving a % to something like damage or healping break cc. Markman gives speed, useful for any class.

Nightblade worked great here as well- check out my lvl 27 build:

http://rift-planner.com/?archetype=2...20,5_&lang=eng

I'm going to wait to see what souls get nerfed prior to release before I get too excited about a specific build for PvP. Banking on a soul being uber at release is a good way to find yourself QQ'ing in a "why me?" thread after you get nerfed.

I'm confident that whatever they decide to do, the rogue souls have enough CC and utility to go with high damage that there will be a viable combo no matter what they do, though.

+ Reply to Thread