+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Motif of regeneration doesn't scale or stack.

Telaran

Default Motif of regeneration doesn't scale or stack.

It only seems to scale very slighty with leveling up or when you upgrade it, plus it didn't stack with other bard's motif of regeneration in Beta phase 6.

Is this intended?

P.S: I haven't read the patch notes, so pardon if I missed something important ( I only played Phase 6 )

Plane Touched

Unfortunately it doesnt' stack as NONE of the bard motifs stack. They also did not previously alow ANY kind of HoT to stack on the target but that was recently changed in B6.

It just may be that the developers missed this or because of it's nature of being a motif that it is currently not allowed but i'm pretty sure it was, at least originally, intentional.

As far as the scaling goes... i'm not suprised. Bard AoE healing output is already high as it is and I don't think they want to make it into a 30s mega-HoT.

Rift Master

My guess is that motif's are not intended to stack. Otherwise the stacking of buffs would get more than a little bit ridiculous (1 tank, 1 healer, everyone at +180% to all stats, +90% crit/spell crit, -90% damage taken, 18 aoe healing motifs ticking) How do you balance a raid fight around that sort of possibility without making it a requirement to succeed?

Telaran

Now that I've seen most of the talents and abilities that the bard offer, I can understand Motifs in general don't stack.

It just seems weird to healing part of regeneration doesn't stack, but I suppose the AoE healing would become too high indeed...

+ Reply to Thread