+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Assassin damage possible fix, input welcome (devs please view)

Soulwalker

Default Assassin damage possible fix, input welcome (devs please view)

I have been researching/playing the assassin soul and looking at the many players who are upset with the damage output of the primary abilities ( assassinate, Finishing blow, savage strike) not doing much damage compared with many other soul types.

The issue i think comes down to damage type more than anything. These three are all physical thus reduced greatly by armor primarily more than other soul damageing abilities (rogue) which is the case with many people proving thus far on the forums so ill leave that part alone.

What my proposed fix is would really be only a slight change from physical to death type damage. This makes much more sense if you step back and look at armor/resist types when it comes to damage (also not a lore change really i think when you think of death type versus physical if that is also something to keep in mind) and I really feel this would be a decent enough increase in the damage to appease our assassin soul players as well as a MAJOR time saver relative to fixing/coding the changes versus what else I have seen proposed.

I don't really post much and hope I don't get too flamed lol, but any input is welcome and I would like to challenge the devs to see IF we get ENOUGH player feedback to at least view this and see what the players feel may be a relatively easy fix that should not destroy overall balance i think.

First before players/people get upset yes I do play one (assassin main, night and blade are others) and it is fairly lower lvl, but I love these types from all the mmos ive played (wow, eq2, daoc, warhammer, and old eq) and have also started looking into what MANY players who have the upper lvls have been noticing and mentioning on the forums the lack of damage comparitively. The other soul types seems to NOT have physical as the damage source which I think is what makes them do more damage due to less reduction in damage due to type.

So if we wanna be heard and hope this will help then please keep this constructive and sign/bump this to get some assassin love

Stickinya Rogue Assassin/Nightblade/Bladedancer

i would just like to say there two threads already running about this

If you got anything constructive in helping the class post here
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...-Randytherogue

or if you just want a whine to get it of your chest post here
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...inted-Feedback)
    Neurosis - Assassin - Giving Guardians Free Favor Since Beta

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by serenics View Post
    i would just like to say there two threads already running about this

If you got anything constructive in helping the class post here
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...-Randytherogue

or if you just want a whine to get it of your chest post here
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...inted-Feedback)

I was looking at randy's thread and I was seeing a large number of comments/concerns, but many of those are not really saying HOW to increase the damage of the assassin class directly when it comes to our 3 main (as mentioned in my first post) attacks and how those changes alone would help us get a boost in damage and would quite likely make many players happy while they are still looking at changes/reviews of talents/skills like what Randy's thread has inside it. Those changes will take a large amount of time i think which would possibly not be ready for live and my suggestion is much quicker as well as mostly just relative to the HOW to increase damage to our souls abilities.

I hope this clears up some of the reasons.

+ Reply to Thread