+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cadence Info

Default Cadence Info

Just posting my findings on Cadence.

Cadence bases its damage on your melee weapons when you are in melee range and your ranged weapon when you are using it long range.
    But if your last use was in melee range the next time you use it it shall use your melee weapons as its damage base, instead of your ranged weapon. Probably this is due to what weapon it thinks is equipped, and hitting Z might force it to use the other weapon damage for that blast.

A Night Blades Blazing Fury increases the damage of Cadence.
    A Night Blades Unstable State increases the damage from Cadence.

So with 8 points in NightBlade you can increase Cadence damage (and healing) by 24%.

To maximize Cadence damage, make sure to have the best weapons you can get.

What other powers boost Cadence damage in the Rogue Trees?

Cadence almost never benefits from a NightBlades Fire Blades buff. Probably never and the only time I see it is when an Auto Attack slips in.

Motif of Bravery increases Attack Power and Spell Power and results in a slight increase in Cadence Damage (about 1 point increase when doing 30 points average damage).
    I have not yet figured out if Cadence relies on Attack Power or Spell Power.
    Last edited by VANADIA; 02-07-2011 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VANADIA View Post
    Cadence almost never benefits from a NightBlades Fire Blades buff. Probably never and the only time I see it is when an Auto Attack slips in.

Motif of Bravery increases Attack Power and Spell Power and results in a slight increase in Cadence Damage (about 1 point increase when doing 30 points average damage).
    I have not yet figured out if Cadence relies on Attack Power or Spell Power.
    I'm curious about the ranged test because I found that only main-hand works. Cadence benefits from Spell and Attack power. Attack power seems to give a better overall increase though.

Any rogue skill that ups your Combo point ability damage (nightblade), attack power (riftstalker), dex/str or non-physical damage should increase your Cadence damage/heals.
    Author of Support Bard Guide and Officer of Nuln Highway Boys

Default Slightly wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by Langston View Post
    I'm curious about the ranged test because I found that only main-hand works. Cadence benefits from Spell and Attack power. Attack power seems to give a better overall increase though.

Any rogue skill that ups your Combo point ability damage (nightblade), attack power (riftstalker), dex/str or non-physical damage should increase your Cadence damage/heals.
    Wrong.

Spell power affects NOTHING a bard can put out, period. I tested it thoroughly with a spellpower set that included nothing but caster stats including spellpower. I got 0 damage increase on ANY of my bard skills using said set. I lost so much damage to my cadence using a full set, partial set and pieces and saw no increase in damage, not once.

The classes damage comes strictly from Melee Weapons and the modifers that ranged weapons add to stats.

Just my two cents and Ive played nothing but a bard for all the betas.

Soulwalker

amen sixshade, been annoying me ppl keep talking about spellpower and the bard, and my own testings confirms that they do nothing for the bard.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by RonC View Post
    amen sixshade, been annoying me ppl keep talking about spellpower and the bard, and my own testings confirms that they do nothing for the bard.
    Just curious which beta did you do this testing in?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaine13x7 View Post
    Just curious which beta did you do this testing in?
    I did my "final decision on spellcaster stat bullcrap" in beta 6.

For those who also tested, they will confirm that adding any type of spellpower stat will benefit with a definitive 0.

Did you do any testing? Just curious.

Soulwalker

I also tested spell power for cadence in the most recent beta. I didn't use a full set of caster gear however.

Just after I reached Decorated notoriety in Gloamwood, I bought a pair of strength, dexterity and melee crit daggers and a pair of intel, wisdom and spell power swords. They were all blues¹, level 26 required.

The daggers had slightly higher DPS but the swords had something ridiculous like +93 spell power each. I made a couple macros to quickly switch equipment, then went out and found an easy critter in the wild.

I sent my ranger pet in to distract the mob. While I had my melee daggers equipped cadence was doing 55-56 each hit. With the caster swords equipped, it was only doing 52-53. I repeated the process a few times on different creatures; always got similar results.

Even with +186 spell power my damage with cadence went down.

Can we please put this to rest already?

¹Note to self, you can't runebreak faction vendor bought items.

Can we please put this to rest already?

This.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Sixshade View Post
    I did my "final decision on spellcaster stat bullcrap" in beta 6.

For those who also tested, they will confirm that adding any type of spellpower stat will benefit with a definitive 0.

Did you do any testing? Just curious.
    Yes i did in beta 5, where spellpower increased cadence significantly on target dummies.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaine13x7 View Post
    Yes i did in beta 5, where spellpower increased cadence significantly on target dummies.
    Perhaps it was changed in beta 6 then, cause like myself, others have seen zero gains from spellpower stats.

Raminoodle / <Vantage> / Warrior
    Grieves / <Vantage> / Mage
    Caffiene / <Vantage> / Rogue
    #2 NA Guardian / #3 Guardian / #6 World
    *Click for LIVE Stream*

Sure, Langston. Just equip some crappy melee (or hands) and a nice DPS ranged bow.

If you have ranger have your pet tank. Cadence the mob at close range and notice the damage. Then back up and Cadence at far range and notice the higher damage. Play around with it.

My guess is your tests were done without having a mob to tank for you so you could not see the Ranged Weapon affecting the damage.

One bug seemed to be that if I killed a mob at melee range with Cadence, my next Cadence would use my melee weapon damage, even if I was doing it at range. My guess is that is due to the game choosing what weapon it thinks you have equipped. But I did not test by hitting Z and making sure my bow was showing.
    So if you kill a mob always at range with Cadence you wont see the bug. But if you kill a mob at melee with Cadence your next Cadence shall be melee damage, even if ranged. I bet the opposite is also true, if you kill a mob at range with Cadence then run up to the next mob, I bet it does ranged weapon damage, but I did not test this.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by VANADIA View Post
    Sure, Langston. Just equip some crappy melee (or hands) and a nice DPS ranged bow.

If you have ranger have your pet tank. Cadence the mob at close range and notice the damage. Then back up and Cadence at far range and notice the higher damage. Play around with it.

My guess is your tests were done without having a mob to tank for you so you could not see the Ranged Weapon affecting the damage.

One bug seemed to be that if I killed a mob at melee range with Cadence, my next Cadence would use my melee weapon damage, even if I was doing it at range. My guess is that is due to the game choosing what weapon it thinks you have equipped. But I did not test by hitting Z and making sure my bow was showing.
    So if you kill a mob always at range with Cadence you wont see the bug. But if you kill a mob at melee with Cadence your next Cadence shall be melee damage, even if ranged. I bet the opposite is also true, if you kill a mob at range with Cadence then run up to the next mob, I bet it does ranged weapon damage, but I did not test this.
    sounds like a rather interesting bug b/c it doesn't logically look to be working as intended...I mean hopefully anyways. Maybe there should be a range check at each tick of the channeled spell and depending on the range is the weapon used. I don't program at all though so that might be a pain in the ***.

It takes alot of AP to see cadence jump up in dmg I think its scaled like this for a reason. But your fanfare str/dex buff adds to cadence dmg.

So cadence- Takes MH weapon dmg and is made stronger through AP increase
    STR/DEX is 50/50 for AP so you need alot of dex/str to see your cadence gain dmg.
    So priority for Bard is Dex / AP / Str and the hardest hitting MH.
    Briarcliff I make em scream.

Quote Originally Posted by Selenity View Post
    I'm not sure if you are talking to him or me. But I do care. I even care about what would bring you to the place that you would put such pictures on your profile.

Soulwalker

So now that we know cadence is affected by attack damage, is it more affected by your bow or your melee waepons?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast