+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wanted to see if any Rogues tried this build

Default Wanted to see if any Rogues tried this build

Like it says..... Bladedancer, Assassin, Nightblade.

This was the first build I tried starting Beta and im not sure about it. Been seeing a lot of peoples builds and not much use of Nightblade.

Discuss please.....

was thinking Assasin Blade dancer and Sab for me, sticks with the whole sneaky rogue theme i'm trying to pull off.

I also tried Sab in many combos of souls..... just not sold on the Sab yet.....

Rift Master

assasain is pretty awful right now
    blade dancer isnt a solo spec
    sab is utterly insane.

yeah I notice alot of problems with the Assasin, but i'm the type to play a role I like even if its not viable, I played a warlock in vanilla wow when they had alot of problems as well.

and I love the idea of being stealthed all the time lol

i dont have any real issues with the class itself.... Just want some opinions on BD/ASSY/NB

Telaran

Yes, it was my final build. NB gives a lot of more damage to the assassin and BD is quite nice in the defensive department.

Quote Originally Posted by yenside View Post
    Like it says..... Bladedancer, Assassin, Nightblade.

This was the first build I tried starting Beta and im not sure about it. Been seeing a lot of peoples builds and not much use of Nightblade.

Discuss please.....
    I have and i currently am this build. Lets just say i like it to the point that once my rogue gets to level 30 at launch i will be this build again. Up to level 30 though its weak.

I have found it to be very good if you pick the right stuff of course. Just seen many post what they have and other have picked it apart. Was looking for that type of feedback on it.

Nice to have the 4 souls to swap in and out of.... Been thinking these...

1. BD / Assy / NB
    2. Ranger / RS / Sab
    3. BD / Assy / RS
    4. not sure yet

/bump (sorry)

Telaran

Well :P

My experience with Sin is its my second soul on my Riftstalker, posions on sin seem rubbish only good thing is crit chance +, that move which cause your crits to do 150%+ dmg over 6 seconds and stealh :P, and o Final blow for a bit of Dps paired with Riftstlkers Attack buff finisher sooooo my opinion on Sin is its quite crap.

Now BD can't say much on it only got it as last soul on my Bard, Bard/Ranger/BD only picked it for the 50% dodge increase skill which is very useful .

Shadowlander

I play sin/nb/rift and I really like it. Many people complain about the sucky PvP aspects of melee rogues, but the way I play mine I do just fine. What people don't understand is that not every class and spec is about doing the MOST damage and killing the MOST people. It's stated in multiple places that the assassin spec requires target selection, and that is 100% correct. It takes a lot more skill to play rather than a ranged rogue which sits back and spams 1,1,1,1,2 etc. From my understanding, the assassin spec is decent and definitely not as bad as everyone says it is.

Bladedancer has good utility for melee rogue. Assassin really only has stealth, a slightly better snare, and the biggest thing being the 2 stuns that you won't down a target in the 6s duration of anyways. Nightblade is looking like the strongest soul with heavy ranged, and high melee damage paired with magic damage and the only heal debuff to speak of.

Despite assassin being subpar i've stuck with it. Since we aren't at level cap I had to separate the different parts of my spec and test them individually. The bladedancer did well on it's own, although with the AA nerf even with the 50% increase to auto attack damage the white damage was pathetic to say the least at 35. Really the only thing not covered in my spec was a heal debuff, which alone is a deal breaker. It seems if you want to melee in this game you're better off as a warrior unless you're ganking in open world solo.
    Last edited by Odaman; 02-07-2011 at 03:19 PM.

+ Reply to Thread