+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Asssasin confuses me

Default Asssasin confuses me

I wont pretend to be pro at this game, as I've only had the game for a couple days, but I've been trying out rogue, and I want to be the typical stealthy assassin type. When I look at the assassin tree I see alot of bleed damage then I see stuff like blinding powder which breaks on damage and it just seems weird.

could someone help me make out a decent build in this? I was thinking of Assasin/blade dancer/ Sab, I figure burst through stealth, have some traps handy and blade would help me out in combat.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Hatter View Post
    I wont pretend to be pro at this game, as I've only had the game for a couple days, but I've been trying out rogue, and I want to be the typical stealthy assassin type. When I look at the assassin tree I see alot of bleed damage then I see stuff like blinding powder which breaks on damage and it just seems weird.

could someone help me make out a decent build in this? I was thinking of Assasin/blade dancer/ Sab, I figure burst through stealth, have some traps handy and blade would help me out in combat.
    Honestly the "Assassin" role is kind of broken at the moment. There really isn't any point in spending more than 5pts in this tree. Hopefully the developers will address it.
    System Specifications: Alienware Aurora Desktop
    Processor: Intel i7 920 Quad Core 2.67GHZ OC @ 3.21GHZ 8MB cache
    Graphic Card: eVGA GeForce GTX570 Superclocked
    Memory: 6GB Tripple Channel DDR3 SDRAM @ 1333Mhz
    Mouse: Razer Naga - Keyboard: Microsoft Wired Keyboard 600

Telaran

Yes, blinding powder doesn't go well with a main assassin, but I'd hardly call it broken.

I've run Sin/Rift/MM(0) through 30, going up to get bonuses on healing powers so that Leeching Poison keeps me alive. Basically, You come in, drop a lot of damage over time (Jagged Strike, Bleed, Poisons, etc) and keep pounding on them. If you are swinging, you are healing. You're weakest when you: a) are stunned, no healing b) are out of energy.

I use rift as a quick getaway jump for now, and above 30, I look forward to using it to not only stay in contact better with the target, but reduce dmg taken.

1v1 Sin is fantastic as it should be. I keep a TANK role (rift/blade) and SUPPORT role (Bard/Rift) handy for times when there is nowhere to strike (PvP) or I need to compliment a group.

so If I wanted to be a melee rogue with the theme i'm aiming to be, theirs really no viability in it currently? and yeah I would boost poisons to keep me going in combat, along with blade dancer and its dodging capabilities.

Sin is way underpower compare to other classes, I'm probly get sin lvl up on live server just because of stealth for easy getting around to gather mats lol.

+ Reply to Thread