+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Riftblade for Tank, post your wishes here

Rift Disciple

Default Riftstalker for Tank, post your wishes here

my wishes for riftstalker skilltree:

Rift Barrier 3 point talent ( down from 5), shild absorbs 8/16/25% of all incoming physical damage, up to 16/32/50% of your life.

Great Fortitude 3 point talent ( down from 5) up to tier 3 (from tier 2), increase Endurance 5/10/15%

Rift Scavenger down to tier 2 ( from tier 3)

improved Rift Guard, 2 point talent (down from 3), incoming damage absorbs 3/6 %, total amont of damage by 25/50%

gain 5 more new points for following new talent,

Rift Swiftness, 5 point talent, increase dogde by 1/2/3/4/5%, tier 1 talent

it should improve riftblade a little bit
    Last edited by aqvamare; 02-07-2011 at 10:56 AM. Reason: wrong class name^^

Soulwalker

I have been playing Riftstalker for most of the time up to level 31 and love it, but it could use some improvement in offensive capabilities. I'm not talking about it doing more damage, but rather that it should have more abilities that deal damage.

I feel that the 31 point skill is awfully disappointing. While I can see that it fits Riftstalkers mobile style, I'd rather have an ability where something happens. This could be by either improving plane shifting in an interesting way but hopefully something that gives you something more to do when tanking, preferebly an offensive ability. Just one example would be an ability that, for a duration (~8 sec), makes Shadow Assault and Shadow Blitz generate 5 combo points or maybe have no cooldown. Killing Spree from World of Warcraft springs to mind as a good riftstalker ability

I also feel that if a player aims at getting all 51 points in the tree (like me), Rift Barrier seems a bit redundant. only useful until you activate Rift Guard. Although it may be really good later on in Raids or difficult dungeons. It would be better if Rift Barrier increased Dodge or a chance to evade any enemy attack (spells also).
    Also, past Annihilate / Shadow Assault there are no real damage abilities for Riftstalker so I think that it would benefit from having an offensive damage ability replace or mix among Defer Death, Scatter the Shadows and Planar Repulsion.

In the end though, I think Riftstalker is a really fun and unique soul and I hope that it will continue to be awesome.

Plane Touched

I just had a thought as to how they could change rift barrier a little bit while leaving points the same (if they decide). They could make it reduce all types of damage baseline and the single point change into something along the lines of:

"When rift barrier is overwritten by rift guard or not able to be applied due to rift guard the player is instead healed for 2% of their max hp per second left on the rift barrier buff (30% in the case of not applying)."

Gives it extra utility and still allows for the fun teleporting playstyle that the riftstalker has while still allowing you to explore a high-point build without 2 redundant talents.
    Last edited by gulain; 02-07-2011 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gulain View Post
    I just had a thought as to how they could change rift barrier a little bit while leaving points the same (if they decide). They could make it reduce all types of damage baseline and the single point change into something along the lines of:

"When rift barrier is overwritten by rift guard or not able to be applied due to rift guard the player is instead healed for 2% of their max hp per second left on the rift barrier buff (30% in the case of not applying)."

Gives it extra utility and still allows for the fun teleporting playstyle that the riftstalker has while still allowing you to explore a high-point build without 2 redundant talents.
    that would be kinda op if 5 points are spent on shadow mastery.

Plane Touched

Riftstalker is great as is imo. I tank with 6.3k health (at 35) and all healers I have ever run with say that it is far easier to heal a riftstalker>a warrior.

As far as threat... I never lose it.

Riftstalkers are in a solid place atm, but I do agree that even now, after 28 points, I do not wish to put any more points into the tree. After 28, there isn't much that benefits your tanking abilities, unless you want to start doing more damage. At that point you might as well sink points into bladedancer.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by ninefourtyfour View Post
    that would be kinda op if 5 points are spent on shadow mastery.
    It could be... but you could also change it to 1% per... regardless it's just something to make it so there isn't that akward redundancy between rift barrier and rift guard. Essentially you are spending 10 points to do the same thing twice.

Of course... if they change all souls to have a scaling buff of some kind similar to champion/paragon/riftblade/shaman/etc. then they may be able to change either rift barrier or rift guard to be replaced by it....

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Isomalt View Post
    Riftstalker is great as is imo. I tank with 6.3k health (at 35) and all healers I have ever run with say that it is far easier to heal a riftstalker>a warrior.

As far as threat... I never lose it.

Riftstalkers are in a solid place atm, but I do agree that even now, after 28 points, I do not wish to put any more points into the tree. After 28, there isn't much that benefits your tanking abilities, unless you want to start doing more damage. At that point you might as well sink points into bladedancer.
    I generally agree.... I wasn't even decked out very well and maintained ~5k self buffed hp with 22% avoidance as a Riftstalker tank at 35 and found that I had no problem whatsoever tanking any of the dungeons. Rarely did I ever go below 50% hp and threat was never an issue between shadow blitz, rift disturbance and compound attack on even the heaviest aoe. I never had threat pulled off single target either so I can only assume that it is fine there too.

I don't like the fact that you don't really have the option to even spend 51 pts into the tree because there are too many fluff abilities and redundancies to make it a really effecient tank. I think in some ways the tree suffers as a result of it's desire to offer PvE tanking, PvE dps (subspec) and PvP utility all in 1 tree.
    Last edited by gulain; 02-07-2011 at 02:18 PM.

Riftstalker is great as is imo. I tank with 6.3k health (at 35)
    6300 HP or 5300? self buffed?

Im am full blues+2 epics lvl35 with like 20 endurance each,fully runecrafted...and reached 5k hp.

How the **** did you reach 6300?
    Last edited by Atreiu; 02-07-2011 at 02:23 PM.

<Anotherguy>
    Rogue - cloudbourne
    Prestige Rank 6

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Atreiu View Post
    6300 HP or 5300? self buffed?

Im am full blues+2 epics lvl35 with like 20 endurance each,fully runecrafted...and reached 5k hp.

How the **** did you reach 6300?
    Endurance stacking, on everything. Ranger/Riftstalker/Bard trees.

Endurance stacking, on everything. Ranger/Riftstalker/Bard trees.
    What I was thinking

...and even the 5% maximum health from ranger :P you hp whor3! xD
    Last edited by Atreiu; 02-07-2011 at 02:39 PM.

<Anotherguy>
    Rogue - cloudbourne
    Prestige Rank 6

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Atreiu View Post
    What I was thinking

...and even the 5% maximum health from ranger :P you hp whor3! xD
    Makes tanking really easy. Healers love me.

+ Reply to Thread