+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sab/MM/Ranger PvP build

Soulwalker

Default Sab/MM/Ranger PvP build

I am working on a long range build that is good for being able to lock down a target while at the same time giving me the ability to get away. Let me know what you guys think.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...EztkoMz.VMpRoz

Edit

Updated Spec
    Last edited by Drosslord; 02-07-2011 at 10:27 PM.

Soulwalker

I'm actually curious why Ranger/MM along with Sab? I've seen several builds with a lot of points in each Sab and Ranger or MM. The ranged bonuses from MM and Ranger only apply to the use of a ranged weapon (i.e. gun or bow). Also, where do people find the time to "pew pew" with a gun and then the time to throw charges setting up a detonate? Might as well shoot your gun and use your finisher. Unless you only want traps from Sab, I just don't see the benefit of having two types of ranged fighting.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowgoggles View Post
    I'm actually curious why Ranger/MM along with Sab? I've seen several builds with a lot of points in each Sab and Ranger or MM. The ranged bonuses from MM and Ranger only apply to the use of a ranged weapon (i.e. gun or bow). Also, where do people find the time to "pew pew" with a gun and then the time to throw charges setting up a detonate? Might as well shoot your gun and use your finisher. Unless you only want traps from Sab, I just don't see the benefit of having two types of ranged fighting.
    The charges are what do most of your damage. The other trees provide some additional damage for your ranged attacks but are mostly for the extra roots, stuns and plus' to run speed.

Rift Disciple

Did you pass on Charge Booster for a reason?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Arkeid View Post
    Did you pass on Charge Booster for a reason?
    I see that it increases each charge by 1, total of 5 extra pts. How much does that come out to in the end result damage wise? If only 5 then doesn't seem worth it. I'm still learning so please explain if I am missing something.

Soulwalker

Updated Spec. Please review and let me know pros & cons. Ty.

snc
    Rift Disciple

charge booster is like having all your charges... doubled... it's really good and should not be left out.

aka the best talent in the game seeing as it's only 1 point for such a huge increase.
    Last edited by snc; 02-07-2011 at 11:08 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by snc View Post
    charge booster is like having all your charges... doubled... it's really good and should not be left out.

aka the best talent in the game seeing as it's only 1 point for such a huge increase.
    Thanks man, I changed the spec to include it. Did you guys happen to see anything else that would be needed for PvP or does it mostly look good?

Quote Originally Posted by snc View Post

It doesn't actually double your charges though. Any charge above 3 seems to have diminishing return.

Example:5 Embers Charges with Charge Booster should give 5 * 2 * 2 % Damage Taken. It only gives 14% extra damage taken though. It's the same for other charges.

That's why it's better to use multiple charges per detonate

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Cinerus View Post
    It doesn't actually double your charges though. Any charge above 3 seems to have diminishing return.

Example:5 Embers Charges with Charge Booster should give 5 * 2 * 2 % Damage Taken. It only gives 14% extra damage taken though. It's the same for other charges.

I did not know that. Thanks for the info. Do you see anything else in the spec that I must have or don't need?
    Last edited by Drosslord; 02-08-2011 at 10:23 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Cinerus View Post

You got it completly wrong. Charge booster = +1 per type.

5 ember = 6 ember = 12 %

Quote Originally Posted by Victoire View Post
    You got it completly wrong. Charge booster = +1 per type.

5 ember = 6 ember = 12 %
    Then the tooltips are incorrect. I'll report the bug after making some screenshots in open Beta
    It still says 14% for me at least, with Embers.
    Last edited by Cinerus; 02-08-2011 at 11:38 AM.

Soulwalker

bump. Is this spec still viable with the recent changes?

Soulwalker

I altered the spec to include Infiltrator. Lemme know what you think.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...bE0xkoMz.EVb0h
    Last edited by Drosslord; 02-16-2011 at 10:06 PM.

+ Reply to Thread