+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Please Fix Stealth...

Default Please Fix Stealth...

Stealth is FUBAR atm.

im 30, and decided to go into stonfield (20-29, def) to do the puzzle...but low and behold, people seem to be getting an "after effect" from stealth.

i.e:
    if im standing by the tree, and i move 20 ft away. people will see a "ghost" of me by the tree. they can see me stealthed, can target me..but its NOT me. in reality im 20ft away..

but the issue is, this "ghost" follows you, so after few mins, it will update itself to your current position. repeating the cycle. (basically some one can find me by following the dots...aka "gosts")

2nd issue. Stealth detection. this is dumb...i have SEEN people from 20+ meters away, and also been seen 20+ meters away. what is the point of stealth if i can be seen so easily?

my suggestion:
    1 lvl below and higher you cannot be seen at all...untill your basically holding there hand.
    2 lvl or lower you can be seen in increasing melee range:
    i.e
    -2 lvl, you can be seen after 2m
    5 lvl below after 10m etc etc.
    this above detection can be avoided if used advanced stealth (the 10 sec, 15 sec CD skill assassins get..forgot name)
    Rogue.
    i think..therefore i am

I've seen the issue of the ghosts that needs to be addressed.

Never ending perma stealth is a game breaker, so horrible idea to make it so hard for people to find you.

anyone within 5 levels should be able to see you @ 20ft if you dont have any upgrades. You should be using elusive if you are moving in to attack someone.

I've had problems with players in stealth and i couldn't target them while they circled around me until they made first move which i thought was completely stupid. I couldn't target him because it deselected every time nor could i pop him out of stealth until he popped out and got the jump on me. Stealth really needs a good fix.

I have been doing duels with my friend, a rogue also, and we see each other when "we are holding hands", not earlier. The stealth is just fine, get the talent from assa soul wich improves stealth.

e/ typo
    Last edited by Elortar; 02-07-2011 at 11:08 AM.

I tested it out when I was level 11. The ranger i tested it with was level 10. I was fully trained and had 1 of 2 silent footsteps (15% speed and decreased detection). 3 out of 5 times, the ranger's pet pulled me out of stealth before I could attack. In my opinion, if I am higher level than someone, and ESPECIALLY if I have advanced stealth/silent footsteps, they shouldn't know I'm there until they feel my blade.
    Finkle: Dwarven Rogue
    Vanguard

Soulwalker

ANOTHER skill not doing what it SAYS it should be doing

Quote Originally Posted by Elortar View Post
    I have been doing duels with my friend, a rogue also, and we see each other when "we are holding hands", not earlier. The stealth is just fine, get the talent from assa soul wich improves stealth.

e/ typo
    you are an exception. play it longer and you will see what i mean.

and yes, i have improved stealth.
    Rogue.
    i think..therefore i am

Quote Originally Posted by Infamous22 View Post
    you are an exception. play it longer and you will see what i mean.

and yes, i have improved stealth.
    Played now 3 betas. And havent found a problem.

I actually do have to agree. Been participating since the beginning and have seen and been seen from extremely far away. It's a shame, but I agree that since (unless you point into it) stealth only lasts 30 seconds, it should be during that 30 seconds you can't be seen easily.

Rift Disciple

i do agree...pretty much no matter what class im playing i can see an enemy rogue who's supposed to be stealthed...occasionally ill lose him when he does that improved stealth dont remember name but ill just shift or run away or something until that timer is up and he appears again still in "stealth"....ive never pvped as a rogue assassin or anything but coming from the other side i agree it needs a fix...when a rogue is in stealth i shouldnt see him unless i have skills for it and my pet's shouldnt always be able to find him instantly...dont get me wrong i like it when i see the enemy in failed stealth mode but it is kinda sad and i feel sry for him a little bit...not much but a lil

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsact View Post
    i do agree...pretty much no matter what class im playing i can see an enemy rogue who's supposed to be stealthed...
    ...dont get me wrong i like it when i see the enemy in failed stealth mode but it is kinda sad and i feel sry for him a little bit...not much but a lil
    Defiant Assassin: I'm totally gonna sneak up on this clothie...
    Guardian Mage: Dude, I see you over there behind that tree.
    Defiant Assassin: No you don't. I'm stealthed.
    Guardian Mage:No, you're kinda see-throughy. I can still see you, though.
    Defiant Assassin: *pops ability* " Ok. How 'bout now?"
    Guardian Mage: There ya go!
    Defiant Assassin: Sweet. I'm totally gonna sneak up on this clothie...

So you there is an ability that you can use while you're stealthed that puts you into, like, super top-secret stealth for 15 seconds. If this ability is neccessary, what is the point of regular stealth and slient footsteps?
    Last edited by Finkle; 02-07-2011 at 12:51 PM.
    Finkle: Dwarven Rogue
    Vanguard

Instead of the game being FUBAR have you considered it is a graphics card glitch. I remember in Planetside I could see cloakers on a real old rig/Gfx card. Once I updated no more gamma glitch.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Mugze View Post
    Instead of the game being FUBAR have you considered it is a graphics card glitch. I remember in Planetside I could see cloakers on a real old rig/Gfx card. Once I updated no more gamma glitch.
    Its not a glitch from his end, ive seen the exact same stealth behavior. Stealth appears to be genuinely bugged and not working as intended. Until they fix it i think any discussion about its effectiveness is silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugze View Post
    so old gfx card = win?
    Rogue.
    i think..therefore i am

Soulwalker

one thing breaking stealth is the bugged headgear, if you have helmet visible your head shows Like a spooky horror flick. hehe, silly bug..(not sure if its all types og headgear or all races, but deffo Kelari)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast