+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Nightblade in Warfronts - PvP video

Default Nightblade in Warfronts - PvP video

First of all - I'm not very good video editor, but for a beta low level PvP video I didn't even bothered to add fancy touches with After Effects (you know, like highlightning critz, slow motion, blur, transitions and such), just did preliminary intro, as I will be using for my level 50 video (yes, video, not videos, I doubt Rift will be succesful).

Second, it's beta. That means I haven't played for long enough to become as one with my rogue (and playing with Nightblade soul only my second day), so do not expect much skill from me. For the same reason do not expect skill from other people. Also, my duels fail - it was hard alone to find someone willing to duel, let alone get a duel with good players.

Content:
    1. intro/spec used
    2. random Warfront clips
    3. duels
    4. two 4 min continuos warfront zerg vs zerg (<- mainly too show how playing a nightblade feels)

Feel free to bash or even give constructive criticism.
    Known flaws:
    1. first continuos warfront footage is without speed ups, expect two places where it gets boring for 10 seconds or so.
    2. sometimes I use combo generating ability when I should use a finisher (<- mainly on ranged attacks, cps and range is new; altho there was one ocasion where I used cp generating ability at 5 cp - to get cleric to 30% health, so that my finisher would benefit from Nightstalker talent (increases damage by 30%))
    3. next time while encoding I should add another 500 kbps to improve quality

kthnxbb

oh, ze video is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAejwGG8UA4

P.S. My char's name DOES NOT IN ANY POSSIBLE way resembles that pop singer **** Ke$ha. As you can see from suggestions in youtube, Ketha is a polish metal band.
    P.P.S. If you do not like music, solution: http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...l=1#post856432
    Last edited by Deviltry; 02-07-2011 at 07:19 AM.

That was a lot of fun to watch!

Thanks for the video!
    Therylin - R5 Healer
    Thericia- R4 Rogue

Champion of Telara

What's worse than talking about Nightblades? Making a video about Nightblades.

Quote Originally Posted by EasymodeX View Post
    What's worse than talking about Nightblades? Making a video about Nightblades...with terrible music.
    Fix'd for your truth.
    Knowledge is Power. Power Corrupts. Study Hard. Be Evil.

looks great!
    one question, why didn't you spec Imp Blazing Strike?
    10%crit seems good or are you not using Blazing strike much?
    (sometimes hard to see in the vid)

I would love to try NB myself but wont get over the 19 bracket.
    Would you still pair it with RS and BD at 19?

Soulwalker

shhhhhhh keep this on the DL... I run nightblade as my main and i love it. Don't show vids of us owning too hard =] GJ on the vid btw. Lots of fun to watch something besides rangers/marks/sabs.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyK View Post
    looks great!
    one question, why didn't you spec Imp Blazing Strike?
    10%crit seems good or are you not using Blazing strike much?
    (sometimes hard to see in the vid)

I would love to try NB myself but wont get over the 19 bracket.
    Would you still pair it with RS and BD at 19?
    10% indeed is very good, but I do not lack offense, so I put points into defensive ability - Rift Barrier.

My build at 50 will look like this: http://rift-planner.com/#?archetype=...20,5_&lang=eng
    This has 1 point available and i'll run parses in BGs to see what benefits me more - 5% crit on Blazing Fury (altho i use Flame Thrust too - it does 5 (!) more damage atm and is ranged), 1% increased overall damage or 15% increase to weapon enchants. And then some theorycrafting to see how exactly +15% dex benefits me.

And now I do not tune for level 35, I just put points after my level 50 build and expect it to work. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Gafgarron View Post
    regarding bad music
    http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/4174/musicwm.jpg
    shhhhhhh keep this on the DL... I run nightblade as my main and i love it. Don't show vids of us owning too hard =] GJ on the vid btw. Lots of fun to watch something besides rangers/marks/sabs.
    Well they'll first need to tune warrior's damage. x)
    Last edited by Deviltry; 02-07-2011 at 07:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gafgarron View Post
    Fix'd for your truth.
    Better than Linkin Park or 3 days grace.

Champion of Telara

And then some theorycrafting to see how exactly +15% dex benefits me.
    15% dex is very poor for base damage (attack power), but it is vaguely ok for the crit% increase. What is your Dex at your current level, and average gear level (blue, etc)?

@19 i run a few WFs with http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0MMip.0Vo.VhtkMo
    i went Assa for the 5%crit and the Poison (no 2nd enchant yet)

It was fun.
    The main difference between NB and Assa is that the Assasins skills all are in Melee range and no way to close that (without stealthing there by foot)
    Thats a huge bonus in PvP. The raw damage of the NB is not much higher, mabye even a little lower - if you could stay on target all the time with the Assa...

15% dex is very poor for base damage (attack power), but it is vaguely ok for the crit% increase. What is your Dex at your current level, and average gear level (blue, etc)?
    210 dex, 13.1 dps green mainhand, 10.6 dps blue offhand, epic helm and belt, rest - half quest gear, half blues.

Nice vid man. I myself am loving nightblade as well. I went assassin for my second and riftstalker for my third though. What would you say is the main difference and how in the wrong am I, if I am in the wrong. lol. got to level 26 on this beta, third time re rolling =\ but def gonna stick with the NB
    Last edited by Emek; 02-07-2011 at 09:24 AM.

Champion of Telara

210 dex, 13.1 dps green mainhand, 10.6 dps blue offhand, epic helm and belt, rest - half quest gear, half blues.
    The +15% dex will increase your damage per special attack hit by around 3 (on a simple attack like Primal Strike). Which should be around a +1.5-3% increase in your damage for all ability attacks and finishers depending on how much str you have, the exact AP conversion to damage (I only have an approximate), and how much damage your mainhand would do if it were blue. Note that ability attacks and finishers are only ~60% of your damage output (in melee, higher at range).

I don't know what 30 crit rating will do at that level, but I'm guessing a total 2% increase in damage from around 4% crit.

So, probably a net increase of around 4% total damage, with a slight skew towards burstiness (damage improvements are centered on abilities and finishers and crits).

The +15% dex will increase your damage per special attack hit by around 3 (on a simple attack like Primal Strike). Which should be around a +1.5-3% increase in your damage for all ability attacks and finishers depending on how much str you have, the exact AP conversion to damage (I only have an approximate), and how much damage your mainhand would do if it were blue. Note that ability attacks and finishers are only ~60% of your damage output (in melee, higher at range).

I don't know what 30 crit rating will do at that level, but I'm guessing a total 2% increase in damage from around 4% crit.

So, probably a net increase of around 4% total damage, with a slight skew towards burstiness (damage improvements are centered on abilities and finishers and crits).
    I think it should be more then 60%, as weapon enchants and piss weak auto attacks really cannot do almost hald of my damage. :S 20-25%, I hope. But yeah, for next beta gonna download a parser.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast