+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Any bladedancers out there?

Telaran

Default Any bladedancers out there?

Just curious I have not played much so wondering if there are any lvl 25+ bladedancer heavy builds out there and how they are working out in pvp/pve.

I've played with a couple of Bladedancer builds at this level bracket. A lot of their toys seem to focus around 1v1 situations, so they're not to shabby for ganking or 1v1 fights but a touch lacking in group play/warfronts, in my opinion.

I can't really speak to PvE (well, they're great for single mobs) since I mostly play my bard in PvE.

Bladedancer? whats that you are talking about?

<Anotherguy>
    Rogue - cloudbourne
    Prestige Rank 6

Quote Originally Posted by Atreiu View Post
    Bladedancer? whats that you are talking about?
    Some stupid soul, when all you see is "Dodged" and "Parried" while fighting him. ;))

I was trying to play a variety of classes/specs this weekend to get an idea for the general feel of the game, but I did get my Bladedancer/Assassin/Rift up to about 20 or so. Most of my experience was in PvE with some PvP towards the end, mainly I determined that I really liked the spec, and moved on after making note of it.

Bladedancers are all about dodge/parry, so that means high dexterity. The more you are not getting hit, the less damage you take (duh), and the more you get really quick attacks that ignore the GCD. I liked pairing it with Sin, because Sins are all about crit, which also plays off of dexterity (and poison is a nice bonus). Lastly, Rift allowed me to planeshift around, which is very handy, especially while stealthed.

I think Blade's will be a dark horse build that a lot of people start to see the potential of later, or they juts aren't advertising it. The fact is that you don't spend much time in stealth in either PvE or PvP, you get perhaps one hit off. Te real benefit of stealth is getting to choose your fights, and applying some CC. Other than that, you will be out in the open, and Sins fail hard when they are out in the open. However, being out in the open is where Bladedancers excel, they laugh at people trying to hit them (and actually get stronger).

Things I suspect, but have no proof of: [
    -Rogue tanks will not last at mid-high end content, they won't be able to keep up with prolonged fights of more than 2 minutes.
    - Rogue healers will not be able to keep up with damage that clerics will laugh at.
    - Sabs will probably be brought down a hair
    - Rogues specs that seem weak at lower levels will shine when properly paired with the correct souls, people start taking some survivability talents, and the souls have time to mature

What we are seeing now is feedback on balance at a max of level 35 (most no higher than 20) in a game with a max level of 50. With so many optional soul builds, and in the absence of real dungeon content, I think that a lot of people are going to be really surprised.

[I'm not calling for nerfs or any of that nonsense, the metrics the devs are collecting from these beta events are for more convincing than anything I say here. In beta events, actions truly do speak louder than words.]

Rift Master

I grab it as my 3rd soul for the dodge on a 30sec CD but the soul itself seems a bit... useless for pvp tbh

Actually Bladedancers are not only about defense...it is an AWESOME DPS support soul

Look here only spending a couple of points in it, and tell me if thats not the dream of every Meleer as support to their MAIN soul, like for an example an Assassin.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0MV__.VVzVzsRo0b

<Anotherguy>
    Rogue - cloudbourne
    Prestige Rank 6

Rift Master

Actually Bladedancers are not only about defense...it is an AWESOME DPS support soul

Look here only spending a couple of points in it, and tell me if thats not the dream of every Meleer as support to their MAIN soul, like for an example an Assassin.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0MV__.VVzVzsRo0b
    Wait what? You too 5% hit chance over 5% dodge, mad person. Also riftstalker is the melee support soul. You need a fair few points in it (15 minimum) to really be at all worth taking. 20% armour, 15% attack power, 15% end is all but essential and given how insane the CC is at the moment you will need plenty of range closing devices for when you get punted 20 times in a row.

Something like: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...Mcs..E0xc0qb0z is what im looking at

Quote Originally Posted by cyberdine View Post
    Wait what? You too 5% hit chance over 5% dodge, mad person. Also riftstalker is the melee support soul. You need a fair few points in it (15 minimum) to really be at all worth taking. 20% armour, 15% attack power, 15% end is all but essential and given how insane the CC is at the moment you will need plenty of range closing devices for when you get punted 20 times in a row.

Something like: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...Mcs..E0xc0qb0z is what im looking at

Riftstalker is melee support mainly for difensive support and only for PVP. I woudl NEVER EVER take riftstalker over bladedancer for PVP purpose, in PvP they can both work, one more defensively the other more offensively. (one more stun, a charge/root and a disarm)

20% armor for a dps rogue? Way to waste 5 points dude... to gain a ****ing awesome 1% more dmg mitigation, or maybe 2%? or EVEN 3%! god thats so gonna save our hide from the bad warriors!!

PS: Wait a moment, you went all up the riftstalker tree (wich look fine btw, except for 20% armor) and you DIDNT take planar refuge? a 50%dmg reduction for 8second on a relatively short CD for only about 1 point...the f*ck?

PSS: Oh and for the love of god drop primal death from nightblade tree and get Ebon fury, dark containment and scourge of darkness.
    Last edited by Atreiu; 02-07-2011 at 11:16 AM.

<Anotherguy>
    Rogue - cloudbourne
    Prestige Rank 6

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....Vidqzooohbz.V

^ that's my pve & leveling build (now at 35) and it's working pretty well. Im not sure about later what im gonna do with the points, i think im gonna put them in assas like this:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....VidAzooohbz.V

Would be good to have impale (for pve bosses), but i think 15% dex will work better than that in the end.

I had a decent time with my bladedancer lvl 26ish. I could take on 3 mobs 1 level higher than me by spamming the aoe cp builder and compound attack. This only worked with riftstalker 13points with the self heal. Very fast and zero downtime if you watch your combo points and plan on leaving some on mob when you need health. WIthout the 13points in RS this fails.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1MMVp..gbzVhM0o.VG0h

Rotation wise it kept my mind semi working.

Charge>KS>Precision> 5pt Guarded Steel(armor buff)
    KS>QS>KS>blah blah> 5pt False Blade( 5%dodge buff, with falseblade an extra 6% parry)
    Build points > 5pt Dauntless Strike (%5 crit)

Reprisal when up

Anyways, I had fun with it. Its effective leveling.

Strike Back is SO WEAK. Seriously 2points for 2x16ish damage? Please

If I had 8 more points Id throw them into Assassin 5% crit with another 5% lethal poison.
    Last edited by Poser001; 02-07-2011 at 12:28 PM.

Rift Disciple

Riftstalker is melee support mainly for difensive support and only for PVP. I woudl NEVER EVER take riftstalker over bladedancer for PVP purpose, in PvP they can both work, one more defensively the other more offensively. (one more stun, a charge/root and a disarm)

20% armor for a dps rogue? Way to waste 5 points dude... to gain a ****ing awesome 1% more dmg mitigation, or maybe 2%? or EVEN 3%! god thats so gonna save our hide from the bad warriors!!

PS: Wait a moment, you went all up the riftstalker tree (wich look fine btw, except for 20% armor) and you DIDNT take planar refuge? a 50%dmg reduction for 8second on a relatively short CD for only about 1 point...the f*ck?

PSS: Oh and for the love of god drop primal death from nightblade tree and get Ebon fury, dark containment and scourge of darkness.

QFT, 3 of t he best abilities in the whole nightblade tree how can you even overlook them
    Last edited by Lakkin; 02-07-2011 at 12:34 PM.

BD has some nice utility, but the damage is underwhelming imho. It's easily the weakest rogue mdps tree. The sin's think they've got it bad too heh. Then again, I'm still of the school of thought that the rdps rogues are far to strong atm. I just don't feel like rdps rogues should have harder hitting finishers than their mdps counterpart. Also, the BD finishers (while on the subject) could use a tweak to give you more incentive to use ones other than deadly strike. 5% dodge/5%crit/reduced damage aoe hits aren't enough to make me want to dip my sustained dps down.

In addition, I'd like to see something done about the suck that is dancing steel, the pseudo CC immunity is the only thing decent about it at the moment. I think BD needs a few more damage boosts as well, since it isn't meant to be a stealth tree.

The one thing I can say, is that for me, BD is easily the most fun mdps rogue to play.

+ Reply to Thread