+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 147

Thread: Sab in pvp

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple Silent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    149

    Default Sab in pvp

    I seriously hope it doesnt scale well.

    I'm critting 1500-1800on detonate already at lvl 25.
    Last edited by Silent; 02-07-2011 at 01:25 AM.

  2. #2
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    301

    Default

    Well, I know saboteur is insane at level 35... Each of my charges hits for 300-750(on crits) with detonate doing around 500-1500(on crits). My crit rate is 25%. So yeah, everything dies fast.

  3. #3
    Rift Disciple Silent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by airflow View Post
    Well, I know saboteur is insane at level 35... Each of my charges hits for 300-750(on crits) with detonate doing around 500-1500(on crits). My crit rate is 25%. So yeah, everything dies fast.


    Do u know how the weapon damage on charges works, is it your main hand or main + off or what?

  4. #4
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    301

    Default

    I don't notice any difference between having melee or range equipped. Just get a blue/purple range weapon and you should be good to go..
    Last edited by airflow; 02-07-2011 at 02:28 AM.

  5. #5
    Rift Disciple Silent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by airflow View Post
    I don't notice any difference between having melee or range equipped. Just get some blue/purples and you should be good to go..
    Ye... what i mean is that it deals weapon damage, thus is it weapon damage from your main hand and off hand or just mainhand or what. I didnt mention ranged at all :<

    What i find odd as sab is never actually attacking just throwing charges 24/7 xD

  6. #6
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Im curious wether you find the class FUN ?


    My Sabo is level 22 so far, but i realyl dont know if i like the gameplay of it.

  7. #7
    Telaran Socio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    95

    Default

    I sincerely hope it doesn't continue to scale like this to 50. If so then they seriously have to change the way Saboteur damage works. At lvl 31 I just got crit by a lvl 32 for 2305 damage. I only have 2229 hp as a Warlock/Chloro.

    Being a burst class is one thing. Doing 80% of someone's life on your burst pretty consistantly is not the way it should work. Let alone actually doing over 100% of their life. lol

  8. #8
    Sword of Telara Atreiu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Italy!
    Posts
    842

    Default

    Get Charge Booster

    Use 5 different type of charges on the target and enjoy watching them die in one Attack.

    IF you have one of those keyboards that does macro, just make a macro that put the five differents type of charges in sequence by pressing one button then bind Detonate to another one and r4p3 people using 2 buttons ;)

    ***ed up class, hope it gets nerfed to the oblivion and back.
    Last edited by Atreiu; 02-07-2011 at 03:29 AM.

    <Anotherguy>
    Rogue - cloudbourne
    Prestige Rank 6

  9. #9
    Rift Disciple Silent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Atreiu View Post
    Get Charge Booster

    Use 5 different type of charges on the target and enjoy watching them die in one Attack.

    IF you have one of those keyboards that does macro, just make a macro that put the five differents type of charges in sequence by pressing one button then bind Detonate to another one and r4p3 people using 2 buttons ;)

    ***ed up class, hope it gets nerfed to the oblivion and back.
    Just did that - 1200-1400 avg damage to a lvl 24 ghoul non crit. Doesnt really seem much greater a number but it is mainly earth dmg. The downside is that it will have less huge 1 shot bursts since each charge has its own crit chance.

    Must say its quite lol to have 2 buttons though
    Last edited by Silent; 02-07-2011 at 03:49 AM.

  10. #10
    Sword of Telara Atreiu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Italy!
    Posts
    842

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silent View Post
    Just did that - 1075 damage to a lvl 24 ghoul non crit. Doesnt really seem much better than my current
    You are doing something wrong then...are you sure you have Charge booster?


    Just tested again

    Used blast,ember,caltrop,shrapnel,spyke charges and oneshotted a mob,he died before one single tick of spike or shrapnel dot could do its full dmg...

    Did 5x blast charge, couldnt even oneshot him.

    this was at lvl 35.
    Last edited by Atreiu; 02-07-2011 at 03:52 AM.

    <Anotherguy>
    Rogue - cloudbourne
    Prestige Rank 6

  11. #11
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    54

    Default

    sabo is loads of fun specially vs other melee classes. set up landmines, start putting charges -> detonate. the enraged melee will charge at u, getting hit by landmines, flying all over the place to his death. if he doesn't charge at u, repeat the detonate process till death.

    sabo is less fun vs ranged chars and if u're taken by surprise and have no landmines setup, u're pretty much screwed.

    it's not an op class. 2-3k crits he's doing now won't feel like much later on. i actually fear sabo will be useless endgame.

  12. #12
    Ascendant Magnos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,396

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sind View Post
    sabo is loads of fun specially vs other melee classes. set up landmines, start putting charges -> detonate. the enraged melee will charge at u, getting hit by landmines, flying all over the place to his death. if he doesn't charge at u, repeat the detonate process till death.

    sabo is less fun vs ranged chars and if u're taken by surprise and have no landmines setup, u're pretty much screwed.

    it's not an op class. 2-3k crits he's doing now won't feel like much later on. i actually fear sabo will be useless endgame.
    Well, I'd imagine his crits are going to scale at end game like everything else, and they'll still be extremely powerful

  13. #13
    Sword of Telara Atreiu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Italy!
    Posts
    842

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sind View Post
    it's not an op class. 2-3k crits he's doing now won't feel like much later on. i actually fear sabo will be useless endgame.
    2-3k- now will scale later, you know it right?

    I jump around in Warfronts spamming nothing but Charges and detonate, killing people in one single detonate...and thats perefectly fine? being brought by 100% to 10-20% hp or even dying in one attack is perfectly fine?
    Last edited by Atreiu; 02-07-2011 at 04:09 AM.

    <Anotherguy>
    Rogue - cloudbourne
    Prestige Rank 6

  14. #14
    Rift Disciple Silent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Atreiu View Post
    You are doing something wrong then...are you sure you have Charge booster?


    Just tested again

    Used blast,ember,caltrop,shrapnel,spyke charges and oneshotted a mob,he died before one single tick of spike or shrapnel dot could do its full dmg...

    Did 5x blast charge, couldnt even oneshot him.

    this was at lvl 35.
    Im level 26. Also, spike does less damage than the other 5 so i'd use those over spike since things dont last the duration of the DoT.

    ember blast caltrop splint shrapnel deto is what im doing
    Last edited by Silent; 02-07-2011 at 04:20 AM.

  15. #15
    Ascendant BishopX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,622

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Atreiu View Post
    2-3k- now will scale later, you know it right?

    I jump around in Warfronts spamming nothing but Charges and detonate, killing people in one single detonate...and thats perefectly fine? being brought by 100% to 10-20% hp or even dying in one attack is perfectly fine?
    I just came here to complain... that some sabo spent the entire warfront bunny hopping up and down non stop spamming insta cast abilities.
    He walked up to me (defensive PURIFIER cleric) started putting all the debuffs on me, I noticed they might be sab debuffs so I hit sterelize (remove all debuffs 45 sec cooldown) and it dosent work?!?!?!!?
    he blows up the charges and kills me.
    while killing me an assassin jumps him and he then kills him too.


    so cant be blocked or disrupted
    can be clensed
    insta cast
    and can kill any non Tank outright?

    how is this game balance

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts