+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Night Blade. <3

Default Night Blade. <3

I started RIFT this beta thinking Hmmm... well teleporting Archer does sound nice.
    And over all it was okey, some pretty nice damage from insane finishers.

But for me, I just did not click with it. When I first looked at RIFT Night Blade Description sounded okey.
    So I tried it today and I must say I'm in love. This is MY class, it fits exactly with my type of playstyle.
    Ranged/Melee who cares and the damage... bloody super good, it might not have the high end finishers of MM or Sab but the constant DPS is sky high.

I'm running Nb/Rifst stalker/Infiltrator (pvp soul) right now and it really does well in PVP.
    Vs ranged kiters, you mow them down with your own ranged attacks as they try to get away and if they are too stupid to stay in melee well the barage of numbers and weapon procs will eat them whole. RS is good for teleports though atm I only have the one. At later stages I shall have three I think so range should hardly ever be a problem.

Survival is ace too, Twilight Stalker 80% damage reduction allows you to tank half of the enemy team with ease as you try take out the FC which is a great tactic while using Dark Containment to CC the healer if there is one.

Anyway thought id share my love for this, great little spec. Handy for taking down elites solo from Rifts I might add.
    Any other Night Blade Lovers out there?

Soulwalker

Have you got a Soul calc for us by chance.. im leveling NB/BD atm still hummign and harring about the spec?

Telaran

Id love to see your spec too!

http://rift.zam.com/cluster/stc.pl?t...G0zxo.V0toGoMo

I run with something like that for warfronts atm, its alot of fun.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Reavan View Post
    http://rift.zam.com/cluster/stc.pl?t...G0zxo.V0toGoMo

I run with something like that for warfronts atm, its alot of fun.
    So bad....... What can U do with that?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Xqtr View Post
    So bad....... What can U do with that?

... and whats "BAD" about it ?

Constant DPS is high? You mean you do not get spikes after using Ebon Fury or Scourge of Darkness? o.O

Quote Originally Posted by Ajukreizi View Post
    ... and whats "BAD" about it ?
    10% on non-physical attacks is missing, 30% on finishers is missing, scourge of darkness is missing. And you really think you do that much physical damage, that you chose 3% increase on all damage instead of 9% increase to magical damage? I mean your only physical attack is Primal Strike (Shadow Assault is non factor, so is auto attack), which you do not use that often in warfronts, as when you move from target to target, you cast Ebon Fury and use cp generators which deal death damage.

And I doubt that 5 minute cooldown to get out of 4 second stun is helpful, I'd rather go with bladedancer's 50% increased dodge - would help so much more. But that's only me.

So bad. Well, atleast you didn't invested in Infiltrator's armor penetration, lol.
    Last edited by Deviltry; 02-07-2011 at 06:30 AM.

Bad points, you cant heal your self and its quite cool down based to perform at your best.

I don't mind that though.
    That spec offers 3 teleports, two that go directly to the target, one removes snares/roots/stuns.
    It has its own ranged snare
    it has a CC (15 seconds) on 30 second CD, this however DOES break on your own DoT damage so be careful.
    After teleporting you get a 25% absorb shield that can absorb up til half your hp, this is VERY powerful.
    It has the two CDs which are good in either situation, one allows you spam your most powerful attacks, huge DPS increase
    the other offers protection with 80% damage reduction at a cost of reducing your own attack output.
    Thats about it, other stuff is kind of standard.

I don't PvP but the Nightblade was the most fun class I played this weekend. Got to about 18 or so. I ran the damage parser and yeah, the amount of physical damage done does not warrant spending any points int boosting it.

Champion of Telara

I started RIFT this beta thinking [...] looked at RIFT Night Blade [...]

Stop.

You broke rule #1.

+ Reply to Thread